2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

29 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

I am flying to New York to yell at the Statue of Liberty about how breathing isn't ACTUALLY free, because maintenance of breathable air requires the regulation of industry which is ACTUALLY a cost.

This is literally the argument made for why we need a carbon tax.

6 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

She’s not wrong, but two years ago AOC would have suggested spending those hundreds of millions on housing the homeless, helping single mothers, education, paying for healthcare and services, or something similar instead of saying, “Why don’t you spend it on state legislators instead!”  

Resist the wonky temptation and fulfill your populist destiny.

Well, she has gotten a taste of power...

• Like 1

Watching these guys trot out to be the moderate savior, I’m becoming increasingly convinced the democrat establishment isn’t worried about losing to Trump.  They’re more worried about losing their party to Warren/Sanders.  It’s going to happen though and it will be for the better.  

Almost everyone here that knows shit could see the Biden gambit imploding eventually because he’s just not a good campaigner.  He’s still holding on longer than expected though. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

I think there is a real question about whether Biden, Warren or Sanders can beat Trump and parts of the Democratic establishment are also worried.

I know that sounds insane given what Trump has done and who he is, but hearing the reactions from people regarding the impeachment hearings has cemented my view that the rule of law is gone and we’ve descended into craziness. It’s like Scientology. People look at that nonsense and wonder how people can get brainwashed into believing it. Same thing is happening right now in politics, more so by far with the Republicans.

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I think there is a real question about whether Biden, Warren or Sanders can beat Trump and parts of the Democratic establishment are also worried.

I know that sounds insane given what Trump has done and who he is, but hearing the reactions from people regarding the impeachment hearings has cemented my view that the rule of law is gone and we’ve descended into craziness. It’s like Scientology. People look at that nonsense and wonder how people can get brainwashed into believing it. Same thing is happening right now in politics, more so by far with the Republicans.

source.gif

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

think there is a real question about whether Biden, Warren or Sanders can beat Trump and parts of the Democratic establishment are also worried.

Fanboy take but I would be more fearful a Warren could win so convincingly that she takes down both establishments which, for the most part, are some of the same people just interested in protecting their power, influence, and profits. 

Look how far she’s come from being left for dead in February.  She knows how to connect with people and tap into their grievances.  She’s selling something Trump can’t provide.  

Based on the evidence so far, an Elizabeth Warren general election campaign against Trump would be the most formidable and I’m not sure it’s that close. 

Bernie would be formidable too but Warren has more energy and affability right now.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

If anyone needs proof that the rich aren't uniquely capable and talented, just look at these dipshits (and Howard Schultz before people were mean to him on Twitter) letting themselves get conned by campaign consultants into thinking they have a chance of winning the 2020 Dem nomination.

• Like 3

No idea what to make of this poll except it might be a good measure of durability of current support since undecided appears to be the big winner. 

The 19% for Bernie is the most telling because it really shows that his support is solid.  However, other polls don’t have him much higher and it could be an indicator that he doesn’t have much room for growth.  Just another poll that will be throw in the trash as irrelevant six weeks from now.

15 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

So the McConnell master strategy is to sideline Warren and Sanders with a long Senate trial while Biden and Wonder Boy capitalize? 

Seems republicans would be sending mixed signals on who they prefer not to be the nominee. 

It will only work if the national media freezes Bernie and Liz out. It's not like they have to be silent the whole time.

Sanders will, obviously, be frozen out of the CNN/MSNBC cycle, but Warren won't necessarily.

It will be vital that their on-the-ground teams put in the work. AOC needs to get some frequent flier miles to Iowa and serve as a surrogate at events.

8 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

It will only work if the national media freezes Bernie and Liz out. It's not like they have to be silent the whole time.

Sanders will, obviously, be frozen out of the CNN/MSNBC cycle, but Warren won't necessarily.

It will be vital that their on-the-ground teams put in the work. AOC needs to get some frequent flier miles to Iowa and serve as a surrogate at events.

whenever it's bernie's time to speak, cnn and msnbc will scramble his face like trying to watch spectravision in the early 90's.