NCAA Basketball 2023-24

shadow_operative

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

oh my god i just saw the seton hall highlights. how many different ways can one officiating crew screw you? and at home? oh that was hard to watch. coach mcdermott looked like he was apologizing to shaheen holloway in the hand shake line. that was beyond brutal.

There was a travel that they did not call on Creighton’s Alexander in one of the OTs. It was so blatant how his plant foot ended up about two feet away from where it started. Then end result was points. It was like one of those videos people have made to show how Duke doesn’t get called for things.

6 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

oh my god i just saw the seton hall highlights. how many different ways can one officiating crew screw you? and at home? oh that was hard to watch. coach mcdermott looked like he was apologizing to shaheen holloway in the hand shake line. that was beyond brutal.

‘72 Munich would like a word with you. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Underdog said:

And we have a court rush in Columbus, Buckeyes win it 100-92. 

Former Horn turned Blue Devil turned Buckeye Celeste Taylor had 10 points, including the layup in regulation that gave tosu a 1 point lead with 16 seconds left 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

The idiot fan was videoing while she was running onto the court.  

Kind of an understandable accident.  That said, the fan after absolutely trucking Clark, spins to see her on the floor and just continues on to the celebration center court.  Perhaps take a moment to ensure the other person is ok and apologize?  Really bad look based on the video.  

1 hour ago, Bodhi said:

Kind of an understandable accident.  That said, the fan after absolutely trucking Clark, spins to see her on the floor and just continues on to the celebration center court.  Perhaps take a moment to ensure the other person is ok and apologize?  Really bad look based on the video.  

She didn't get trucked. Looks like a flop to me. Regardless, fans need to GTFO the floor if they can't watch where they're going. If Clark had shoulder-checked her into the ground, I'd have had zero problems with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bodhi said:

Pretty much agree with everything you wrote.  Things happen.  Fan should have checked on Clark to see if she was okay.  I think the fan probably would/could have avoided the collision had she not been filming, though.

DePaul fired coach Tony Stubblefield in the midst of his third season at the helm, the school announced Monday.

The Blue Demons fell to 3-15 on the season after losing at Butler over the weekend. They're winless in the Big East at 0-7.

"After evaluating the current state of our men's basketball program, a decision was made to make a change in the head-coaching position," athletic director DeWayne Peevy said in a statement. "We want to thank Coach Stubblefield for his hard work and determination over the last two-plus seasons to move our basketball program forward through a new era for DePaul Athletics. Unfortunately, we did not meet our goals."

Stubblefield, who had been assistant coach at Oregon for the previous 11 years, was hired in 2021 to replace Dave Leitao. After showing early promise with a 15-16 campaign in Year 1, DePaul has struggled to be competitive in the Big East. The Blue Demons finished 10-23 last season, losing their final 12 regular-season games en route to a 3-17 conference record.

They've won just three games this season, home victories over Louisville, Chicago State and South Dakota. Only one of their seven Big East defeats has been by fewer than 14 points and five of the seven losses have been by at least 25 points.

Matt Brady, who served as special assistant to the head coach, will be the interim head coach for the rest of the season before the school conducts a national search for a permanent replacement. 

Bolded is rough, of course one was Louisville. 

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Bolded is rough, of course one was Louisville. 

I loved those old DePaul teams from about 1979 to 1982. I loved Mark Aguirre, Cyde Bradshaw, Skip Dillard, Bernard Randolph, Ty Corbin, Terry Cummings, Kenny Patterson, etc etc.

Always broke hearts, and not in a good way, lost by two points to Indiana State in the 1979 Final Four.

It's amazing how they have been so awful the past 40 years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I loved those old DePaul teams from about 1979 to 1982. I loved Mark Aguirre, Cyde Bradshaw, Skip Dillard, Bernard Randolph, Ty Corbin, Terry Cummings, Kenny Patterson, etc etc.

Always broke hearts, and not in a good way, lost by two points to Indiana State in the 1979 Final Four.

It's amazing how they have been so awful the past 40 years.

Really mind boggling with all the Chicagoland talent.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, VinyVango said:

How Arkansas has fallen off this year… nice to see those fucks getting a heavy dose of humility.

I was reading somewhere that on his radio show last week Musselman was already talking about next season. Very odd.

29 minutes ago, Js1 said:

South Carolina making 2 big statements, winning at #5 Tenn  

They are a good free throw shooting team that plays good D.  Dangerous combo come tournament time.  They won’t sniff the Final 4 but could provide an early upset or 2.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Anyone else privy to what's going on with these Arkansas rumors? I haven't posted anything yet because it seems unsubstantiated but...?

Post them