Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

Striking out 16 times to that dork is not the lowest point in Texas baseball history…but it sure is trying. Christ. Looked like we had never seen a first pitch fastball or a left handed slider in our lives. 

shake it off and go get them tomorrow. 

• Like 1

Just now, Valmy77 said:

This team has looked dead in the water more than once this year and they have always bounced back.

Don't give up on them yet y'all. 

Why in the everliving fuck would anyone be giving up on this team in this position? We are 4-1 in the postseason and have taken down tough opposition along the way. Stanford is the home team and failed to win Game 1. Did everyone think we would go undefeated? I would rather be Texas than Stanford right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

First game in the CWS we struck out like 20 times and looked totally clueless at the plate. Next game we went on to beat Tennessee’s ass to live another day. Like Pierce said, the “the strength of this team, is the team.” 

2 minutes ago, sidis said:

Striking out 16 times to that dork is not the lowest point in Texas baseball history…but it sure is trying. Christ. Looked like we had never seen a first pitch fastball or a left handed slider in our lives. 

have you seen us against lefthanders this year? 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hondo said:

I want to see him vs. LSU.  They'll tattoo his ass.  His *stuff* is not unhittable.  It's just unhittable with our approach.

I don't want to see him against LSU I want to see us.

All I got to say is that sucked but at least people don't have to listen to the game in their car or watch from the kitchen or follow it on the thread only and no TV because all those routines did not work. Lets take to them tomorrow from the comfort of our couches with our favorite drink in hand.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Is it? We lost by 5. We are still one win to Omaha. This isn't some disastrous humiliation. We had our chances, just didn't get it done.

Get em tomorrow. Time for Tanner Witt to be the 2023 post-season hero.

Yeah, more of a statement to your composure rather than hysterics over a bad night. We got this manaña dammit.

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Sounds like this board has already given up.  Fuck that.  We win tomorrow and kick Wake’s ass next week.

We can win but our bats have to mash, I don’t know stanfords pitching but we have about 2.5 starters and a shredded bullpen. LBJ didn’t get through 5 so we aren’t in great shape. Not sure we are showing even 2 good starts this series unless Witt does what he hasn’t done yet. We can do it, but there is a legit reason to be concerned. The formula was win in 2 with LBJ dealing. Didn’t happen, it’s going to take some ballsy pitching and hitting tomorrow.

Just now, Hook1997 said:

Why?  Let them rest and do you want the game to be during working hours?

I’m not saying put it at 11 AM but at least 5 CT at the latest. There will be teams landing in Omaha by the time the game is over tomorrow

5 minutes ago, sidis said:

image.gif.491212fe84cea16a36946e67065b028e.gif

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Probably be a Witt-Hurley gem if it happens.

I can see it, just not going to expect it. I’ve laid off expectations all season and zen’d my way to this point. Last night was epic, we will just see what happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, sidis said:

If getting it shoved up our ass by a borderline first round pick is a low point in our history then we are doing pretty good.

2 minutes ago, Hondo said:

Played at a competing school, but grew up loving Texas baseball and am a UT alumnus.  Created an account tonight so I could comment on what I was seeing.  My bad.  Threw off the mojo.  xD

Nah stick around. We need good bball posters. I thought your takes were great - I bet it was a bit harder than you made it but no doubt Texas could have approached it better. Daly and O’Dowd were figuring it out but the rest were not.

Just now, Hookem2147 said:

If getting it shoved up our ass by a borderline first round pick is a low point in our history then we are doing pretty good.

I mean in Omaha more times than not our lows aren’t that low.

• Hook 'Em 1

I actually like where we stand pitching wise. Morehouse was a starter and we know he has a rubber arm. I bet he could easily give us 4 innings tomorrow if the situation called for it.

Hurley has looked decent of late. Witt is the wildcard but I’m sure the leash will be short. 

Let’s put it this way, I was much more nervous about our pitching heading into game 3 at ECU last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hopefully we get a good game tomorrow. Pierce is probably hoping to get 5-6 out of Witt and Hurley then he will probably be looking to get to Zane as quick as he can. This is a really good Stanford team and we’ve been coast to coast in the span of a week. Gotta dig deep for one more.

Edited by chase25

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

I actually like where we stand pitching wise. Morehouse was a starter and we know he has a rubber arm. I bet he could easily give us 4 innings tomorrow if the situation called for it.

Hurley has looked decent of late. Witt is the wildcard but I’m sure the leash will be short. 

Let’s put it this way, I was much more nervous about our pitching heading into game 3 at ECU last year.

Agreed, definitely had much more faith in the offense last year though

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

2 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Hopefully we get a good game tomorrow. Pierce is probably hoping to get 5-6 out of Witt and Hurley then he will probably be looking to get to Zane as quick as he can. This is a really good Stanford team and we’ve been coast to coast in the span of a week. Gotta dig deep for one more.

Maybe start Hurley and bring in Witt hopefully in the bottom of the order. His starts have been meh.

1 minute ago, troph said:

So what does Stanford look like for tomorrow ? 

If they are smart, they would start Dowd. He threw 56 pitches on Saturday.

Their normal #3 starter is Scott, the dude we scored the winning runs off of yesterday.

Bruno is a wildcard. I’m assuming he’s fully available but he might be mentally shot.

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

If they are smart, they would start Dowd. He threw 56 pitches on Saturday.

Their normal #3 starter is Scott, the dude we scored the winning runs off of yesterday.

Bruno is a wildcard. I’m assuming he’s fully available but he might be mentally shot.

Sounds like neither team is super confident pitching wise.

Edited by troph

2 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

I’m assuming Gordon will be available tomorrow in a limited role (lefty/lefty, 1 inning)

For that matter even LBJ can probably pitch 1-2 batters.

Just now, chase25 said:

They are in the same boat we are, they just have a better offense than we do, which doesn’t bode well for us but that’s why you play the games.

For sure but if our arms play a tad better it’s an even game. I still think it’s a climb but if the cards fall right we can do it.

28 minutes ago, chase25 said:

if we get 5 out of Witt it will be a miracle.

13 minutes ago, deech said:

The way Stanford has used him to date, I am going to believe that Matthews is going to get the ball tonight and will pitch another 7+ Innings until it does not happen.

He will close the 9th if they think he’s needed.