Palo Alto Super Regional: Texas @ Stanford

Horny Bull

Normally, I'd say Stanford shouldn't push their luck and run him out for the 9th - because, you know, we've seen him 4 fucking times and won't be fooled by the pitch sequence...

But hell, we waited 7 innings to do anything other than look for fastballs and whiff at changeups.  Why not put him back out there?

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Know what else it was? 90% of the time it’s called “a mistake that hung over the plate and got served into the trees”

I'm not saying it's not a ball you can hit.  I'm saying that location has been a ball all night.

• Like 1

Just now, Hondo said:

Normally, I'd say Stanford shouldn't push their luck and run him out for the 9th - because, you know, we've seen him 4 fucking times and won't be fooled by the pitch sequence...

But hell, we waited 7 innings to do anything other than look for fastballs and whiff at changeups.  Why not put him back out there?

Last night we needed a pitching coach error to win we got it. I say leave him in. 

2 minutes ago, troph said:

Clearly no one on the field agrees. Pierce isn’t even bitching and I don’t see Texas players complaining either. 

dont care….. its a defined balk.   I cant make the ump call it…. still deception

1 minute ago, utxmike05 said:

I mean...that's gotta be the best pitcher we face all season, right? And we are down 2. 

Wake is up next for the winner they are salty on the mound. Skenes is in the same bracket though likely won’t face wake or the winner of these two.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, troph said:

Wake is up next for the winner they are salty on the mound. Skenes is in the same bracket though likely won’t face wake or the winner of these two.

Yea for sure. Meant to say best we faced all year so far. 

just hoping if there is a game 3 we bounce back at the plate. 

15Ks is nasty....and down 2

if Stehle didn't give up a damn HR as soon as he got in....different game. 

Just now, utxmike05 said:

Yea for sure. Meant to say best we faced all year so far. 

just hoping if there is a game 3 we bounce back at the plate. 

15Ks is nasty....and down 2

if Stehle didn't give up a damn HR as soon as he got in....different game. 

Yes best all year. Skenes and this guy are 1 and 2 nationally.

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

You know, it's possible for the pitcher to be good AND for our lineup to swing the bat ineptly. That combination is exactly what we've seen so far. 

Better now than game 1 of the CWS, amirite?