NBA 2023-24 Off Season

Fastbreak

2 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

is Anyone willing to put money on anyone other than Wemby for RoY?  The Spurs are notorious for Load Balancing, and I'm sure they will be cautious with him in his first year, so he may miss some games and fall out of the running if they are over protective.  I kind of like Chet as an option due to the OKC situation. Assuming he can stay healthy, he has a lot to prove, and not a lot of bigmen on the team that will compete with him for minutes. He should have a good opportunity to become a double-double guy. 

Miller at +1600 is crazy value. 

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

This account is blowing up, apparently he’s beating shams and woj to the punch on a lot of things

He isn't beating anyone to anything. He's leaking stuff he isn't supposed to and just got his page deleted. 

Could have been an agent, but most likely a beleaguered (or stupid) FO employee that either just got fired or is about to be. 

3 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Lmao yea he gone

He went up 40k followers since this morning

He had stuff going back to the draft that he nailed. Just brought too much attention I guess. 

I assumed he'd get popped pretty quickly - didn't think it would be that quick lol. 

• Like 1

Because he's obviously leaking shit he shouldn't be. They might be playing whack a mole. 

Who? Why would Twitter give a shit? There are tens of thousands (millions?) of fake news accounts that spew shit much worse than where Kat is going to sign.
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

Who? Why would Twitter give a shit? There are tens of thousands (millions?) of fake news accounts that spew shit much worse than where Kat is going to sign.

I mean. The NBA carries some weight. They could be telling them to nuke it. 

He's clearly getting popped by somebody (repeatedly now).

Or nuking them himself. 

6 hours ago, Dutchrudder said:

is Anyone willing to put money on anyone other than Wemby for RoY?  The Spurs are notorious for Load Balancing, and I'm sure they will be cautious with him in his first year, so he may miss some games and fall out of the running if they are over protective.  I kind of like Chet as an option due to the OKC situation. Assuming he can stay healthy, he has a lot to prove, and not a lot of bigmen on the team that will compete with him for minutes. He should have a good opportunity to become a double-double guy. 

I still might lean Wemby.  Chet has 3 other guys out there that will average at least 15-17 ppg game next year.  He'll be the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th option some plays.  Wemby will be #1 every play, I would assume.

Then again, Chet will be getting better spacing and passing so there's that.

The clippers are the only team that makes sense. I’m sure the holdup is satisfying a 3rd team.

Something like:

Sixers get N. Powell, 2030 Clippers 1st
Clippers get Harden, D. Wright
Wizards get Marcus Morris, 2028 Clippers 1st (or Brandon Boston)

8 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

giphy.gif

he actually did well after the trade to the clippers.  FG% and efficiency went way up.  would be a great option off the bench as long as there's buy in.  that's the only problem-  if he's on the team he'd have to be comfortable with a drastically reduced number of minutes.

25 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

They shitcan Van Gundy and keep Mark Jackson? It's like they don't give a flying shit about actual basketball fans. Is this a diversity thing? Are they going to replace him with one of those women who ruined the draft the other night? 

We’ll see Monica McNutt or that chick who was showing how hard it is hard to shoot a fall away jumper from the draft. What a joke.

Edited by Macklemore

10 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

giphy.gif

Hopefully he’s back to calling the nba

Fuuuuckkk that. Keep his PAC 12 conference of champions blabbering unrelated to the game to PAC 12 games that no one watch. He was annoying back in the 90s doing the NBA on NBC. Now he is completely unhinged 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Fuuuuckkk that. Keep his PAC 12 conference of champions blabbering unrelated to the game to PAC 12 games that no one watch. He was annoying back in the 90s doing the NBA on NBC. Now he is completely unhinged 

Having listened to a LOT of Walton over the years, he has gotten exceedingly rough with his tangents referencing who knows what.  He wouldn't last a month on an NBA broadcast team. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It happens every year, but there's going to be a lot head scratching contracts handed out over the next 24 hours. It's a bad free agent class to begin with and there's plenty of teams with the mid level exception burning a hole in their pocket. And then there's a group of teams looking to create more cap room to outbid those who only have the MLE to offer.

The Pacers got rid of Chris Duarte and the Nets just lopped $20 million of their payroll by sending Joe Harris to Detroit. And that Woj tweet is wrong -- the Nets are sending out those two SRP as a cost getting rid of that contract.

Edited by Mitch Cumsteen