Big 12 basketball 2023-2024 season - One Final Rodeo

Pancho

On 1/13/2024 at 3:40 PM, Hookem2147 said:

OU is going to end up being a bubble team. Haven’t been impressed and I think Moser has a little Barnes in him where his teams tend to wear down as the season goes on.

On 1/13/2024 at 4:29 PM, Rickylovesweed said:

They went on that run beating Iowa, USC, Providence, and Arkansas so everyone thought they were good. Turns out none of those teams are any good. 

56 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not sure what you have been watching.  

48 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

We’ll see what happens. Their “signature” non con wins now look pretty bad: USC, Arkansas, Providence.

I didn’t expect them to beat Cincy today so it’s possible they end up being much better than I anticipated.

35 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Don’t think they’re a top 4 seed.  But bubble seems a real stretch.  Solid computer numbers which won’t drop much with rest of the schedule very stout.  Likely 5-6 seed.  

But the conference will be a grind.  Anyone can fall apart outside of Houston and KU.  

They're 15-3 (3-2) with losses to UNC, @TCU, @KU...

I hate OU too, but I'm not quite sure what you're talking about at this point in the season. The next five (Texas, TT, @KSU, @UCF, BYU) should tell us a lot. Then they get OSU, @BU, KU. Damn, this league is insane.

I think likely a 5 or 6-seed is correct. This conference is going to get a ton of teams in the field that span 5-12 seeds.

Edited by MuellerHorn

25 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Got dam, I do believe y'all tried.

No lead is safe in this league. Probably because almost everybody is good, but nobody is that good.

Exactly.  Literally everyone except for the Pokes and Eers is legit, but no one is just straight lock down good.

2 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Exactly.  Literally everyone except for the Pokes and Eers is legit, but no one is just straight lock down good.

And even the eers can step up and knock down KU lol

I'm gonna miss this conference as far as hoops is concerned.  

• Like 1

This is a massive week for us.  Farmageddon on Wednesday and KU on Saturday.  Both in Hilton.  We'll probably be favored in both, but I just have a weird gut feeling that after stealing a huge road win we fuck one of these up, and KSU on Wednesday (8PM tip but students will be back) seems primed for standard KSU fuckery.

6 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Mormon Coogs getting absolutely no calls, but still tied with Show Cause coogs

1:10 left

Why would they get a call, they just shoot 3's with very little pressure driving into the lane? Their 3-headed monster of bigs are all Big 12 level jags. 

Edited by HtownHorn

5 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Maybe it’s just because he’s 0-5 against Texas so it magnifies it more but it really is perplexing how Moser hasn’t fully turned that thing around at OU yet. Thought he was such a good hire at the time. 

It's a great road win for you guys regardless, but their ranking was absolutely insane and I guess entirely based off beating pretty mediocre USC and Arkansas teams early in the season. They've gotten handily beaten by every team they've played with a pulse ever since*.

* Minus ISU of course, and a Cincy team I can't quite figure out.

11 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Maybe it’s just because he’s 0-5 against Texas so it magnifies it more but it really is perplexing how Moser hasn’t fully turned that thing around at OU yet. Thought he was such a good hire at the time. 

Well he has them at 15-4 this season and #11 in the country.

47 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well he has them at 15-4 this season and #11 in the country.

But he’s also 1-14 against Texas, OK state and KU. And that one win was in OT over ok state after blowing a big second half lead 

Edited by Js1

3 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:
What happened during the game? Why are kstate fans going ape on Twitter

Jerome Tang got a T for being an insufferable pussy. He was crying about everything all night, and at one point he tried to approach Otzelberger during the game and the refs warned him then. Then he lost his mind over a 50/50 call after being in everyone’s face all night.

These guys love to rag on Matt Campbell, but Tang was as big of a bitch as I’ve ever seen a grown ass man coach be last night.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

It was an incredibly chippy game with both teams committing hard fouls, refs swallowing the whistle in each direction, and the players and coaches both clearly shit talking each other. Rabid crowd on top of that.

It’s a rivalry and that showed big time last night.

I guess Tang claims our fans threw stuff at their bench. I haven’t seen any video of this, but I did see a screenshot of a couple 20 something bros close to the KSU bench that looked capable.

KSU fans are claiming someone called Tang the N word, but absolutely no actual KSU coaches or players have alleged that.

KSU fans on Twitter are toxic lunatics. Nothing at all like the KSU fans I’ve actually known

Jesus, I can't keep up with this.  Apparently Tang wasn't accusing our fans of throwing shit, he was trying to argue that we had a Connor Stallions-esque plant a few rows back recording what was going on with their sideline and sending it back to Otz.  Which is why he wanted to confront Otz and the KSU managers were screaming "CHEATING MOTHERFUCKERS" at our bench.  He may also have been pissed at our student section repeatedly chanting "FUCK K STATE", since we know how he feels about cuss words.

A real fuckin' goat rodeo, but hey, it's Farmageddon bitch.

5 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Jesus, I can't keep up with this.  Apparently Tang wasn't accusing our fans of throwing shit, he was trying to argue that we had a Connor Stallions-esque plant a few rows back recording what was going on with their sideline and sending it back to Otz.  Which is why he wanted to confront Otz and the KSU managers were screaming "CHEATING MOTHERFUCKERS" at our bench.  He may also have been pissed at our student section repeatedly chanting "FUCK K STATE", since we know how he feels about cuss words.

A real fuckin' goat rodeo, but hey, it's Farmageddon bitch.

How would that even work lol (the recording thing)