The Texas Attorney General is being impeached, apolitical news thread (again)

Beau Vine

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That’s the play, and always has been. “They all tell lies!” And “they’re all crooked!”
They use that to ignore differences in DEGREE. It’s an approach that would have you look at a jaywalker and Ted Bundy and give Ted a pass because “they’re both criminals!”
It’s stupid. But stupid is our brand.

This is literally just how #bothsides works

You mean the securities fraud and other criminal/civil indictments that have been looming over him for years?  noCR, it's not even DT it's so old news.  Is that to which you refer though?  

I think they're going to hold back on those until the political dust settles off the Texas GOP on this which is gonna take awhile---maybe until the 2025 session.  They may have also been instructed to hang back because between now and then, Nate is gonna give up what really went on between him and Paxton and it's wasn't $25,000 in donations.  Neither the Feds nor the Texas State Senate spend this much time and money over countertops and $25,000 dollars.  Nate ran a CRE ponzi scheme to wash money.  That is known and all sides acknowledge it.  The question is who were his LP's that were accomplices and who were his LP's that were victims?  And how was Paxton connected to both groups and Nate's business model?  And what is one of those groups willing to do about it?  And the answer is not pretty.  Somebody gets protection from the Feds, somebody gets protection by remaining a security detailed statewide elected official.  Neither of those lasts forever to organizations with long, long, long memories that never, ever, ever forget.    

What a wonderful display of family values.  Were I his mistress, knowing how Nate likes to talk when he's been snorting/drinking.  I'd think thrice about traveling outside the country for at least 300 years.  Only time you worry about Paxton's job security is when he starts giving people up.  I'll give his one-eyed ass credit, he kept his mouth shut until last night.  

8 hours ago, deadshank said:

I have no faith in any elected rep on the city, county, state or federal level.   They, as a group, are completely corrupt.   

This is just ignorant.  My state rep is a brilliant, principled person who works her ass off to make this state better.  Maybe you should try getting involved with a campaign by a person you believe in?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

This is just ignorant.  My state rep is a brilliant, principled person who works her ass off to make this state better.  Maybe you should try getting involved with a campaign by a person you believe in?

I’m glad you like your state rep.  No sarcasm meant. 

I don’t believe or believe in politicians and refuse to hitch my wagon to them.    

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, deadshank said:

I’m glad you like your state rep.  No sarcasm meant. 

I don’t believe or believe in politicians and refuse to hitch my wagon to them.    

Cool. So you just let people with political power determine the destiny of your city/county/state/nation without a care in the world?

7 hours ago, royiv said:

Cool. So you just let people with political power determine the destiny of your city/county/state/nation without a care in the world?

He never said that he didn't vote. He said that he doesn't believe in politicians and wouldn't hitch his wagon to one. To me, it is a little like liking a football player. I like that he is good in football. But, he sure as shit isn't a hero for all things in life.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, royiv said:

Certainly I vote, as do you. 

Then we both let people with political power determine our C/Co/S/N.  

I do care.  

I have low expectations nor do I expect them to make my make my life better. I make my life better.   

• Hook 'Em 3