EPL 2023/24: Oil, Money and Power

Captain Ron

So I guess the real point of VAR is to spare your fellow PGMOL buddies embarrassment when they totally fuck up a match.

Mike Dean has admitted he failed to correct a mistake in a Chelsea v Tottenham match last season to prevent his friend Anthony Taylor receiving extra 'grief'.

“I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game.’ I didn’t want to send him up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I think I didn’t want to send him up because I didn’t want any more grief than he already had.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/25/mike-dean-admits-avoiding-var-call-to-spare-referee-more-grief-last-season

Edited by Dutch
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

So I guess the real point of VAR is to spare your fellow PGMOL buddies embarrassment when they totally fuck up a match.

Mike Dean has admitted he failed to correct a mistake in a Chelsea v Tottenham match last season to prevent his friend Anthony Taylor receiving extra 'grief'.

“I said to Anthony afterwards: ‘I just didn’t want to send you to the screen after what has gone on in the game.’ I didn’t want to send him up because he is a mate as well as a referee and I think I didn’t want to send him up because I didn’t want any more grief than he already had.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/25/mike-dean-admits-avoiding-var-call-to-spare-referee-more-grief-last-season

jesus fucking christ.

It’s cosmic at this point. For them to not get a goal out of the really good play for a lot of the game is beyond frustrating. That header should have gone in and their goalie made an unreal save on it. The late goal that had the offsides was such a pretty build up and a great finish with just bad luck on the millimeter offsides. Very frustrating but they just can’t finish.

16 minutes ago, RamjetFDO said:

10-man Fulham just leveled with Arse in the 88th.

I stopped watching because:

1) They got fucked by the ref allowing Saka to do a Sergio Ramos on Mo Salah take down and then not blowing the whistle and allowing Arsenal to svore.

and...

2) Listening to stupid English fucks announcing who are so stupid that it hurts.

With a. Fulham player on the fucking ground on the endline, but still mostly on the field AND the Fulham keeper around the 6 yard box, they weren't sure whether the attacking Arsenal player was onside or not on the 2nd goal. They felt that he was, though it may have been close...

REALLY? Are you inbred limey fucks kidding me!

How many fucking defenders do they think need to be behind the ball?

They couldn't stop talking about a guy being down on the field at the endline, but as soon as Arsenal is on the attack, they no longer can count to two!

The average English person is really so fucking stupid that it's shocking. Just permanent brain damage from birth level stupid.