Hey Steel Shank!

Judge Roybeanbag

11 hours ago, Covri said:

As much as I want to use JitB tacos like above or even beyond, their deliciousness is in their simplicity. A buddy of mine showed me the way many years ago, order them no lettuce, fold them in half long ways, dunk in their buttermilk ranch sauce. Enjoy bliss at 3am….

This sounds great, but I think if I’m dunking tacos in ranch, I want more veggies on them, not less.

I really enjoy jitb egg rolls. They are better than most Chinese joints these days. My last visit the window lady suggested I dip them in ranch instead of their sweet and sour which I add mustard to at the house. I didn’t care for it but I’m thinking a ninfa’s style green sauce might rock.

I’m trying to think of a dish using the egg rolls but so far all I’ve got is like a jinga tower of egg rolls which would look cool but would be real stupid.

image.png.3028517c55de402a56a5cfc8d8e95c1d.png

Leftover ground beef from nacho night, HEB shredded Mexican blend cheese and the copycat Ninfa's green sauce I made from the salsa thread.

Hey FTC, why don't you have any lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno? Because that means having to deal with getting that stuff out of the fridge, getting a cutting board, and washing dishes. Hell, I used a chip to scoop the green sauce onto the taco to avoid getting a spoon.

Eaten standing at the counter with a Coke in the Wanna Wanna cup.

I really enjoy jitb egg rolls. They are better than most Chinese joints these days. My last visit the window lady suggested I dip them in ranch instead of their sweet and sour which I add mustard to at the house. I didn’t care for it but I’m thinking a ninfa’s style green sauce might rock.

I’m trying to think of a dish using the egg rolls but so far all I’ve got is like a jinga tower of egg rolls which would look cool but would be real stupid.

Slice ‘em crossways into little disks, maybe 1/2 inch thick. Layer in pan, bake to fully crisp. Top with some sriracha, sweet chili sauce, and crumbled peanuts for more crunch. Eat with serving spoon.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Hell, I used a chip to scoop the green sauce onto the taco to avoid getting a spoon.

chips are nature's spoon

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Slice ‘em crossways into little disks, maybe 1/2 inch thick. Layer in pan, bake to fully crisp. Top with some sriracha, sweet chili sauce, and crumbled peanuts for more crunch. Eat with serving spoon.

71v-ZMz4iAL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.a790e8e151282a01b1e9812e175edfe5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

On 12/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, FirstTimeCaller said:

image.png.3028517c55de402a56a5cfc8d8e95c1d.png

Leftover ground beef from nacho night, HEB shredded Mexican blend cheese and the copycat Ninfa's green sauce I made from the salsa thread.

Hey FTC, why don't you have any lettuce, tomato, onion, jalapeno? Because that means having to deal with getting that stuff out of the fridge, getting a cutting board, and washing dishes. Hell, I used a chip to scoop the green sauce onto the taco to avoid getting a spoon.

Eaten standing at the counter with a Coke in the Wanna Wanna cup.

green sauce looks good, how did it come out

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

green sauce looks good, how did it come out

8/10. Pretty good but tasted a bit flat compared to the real stuff. Would make it again but in half the quantity. It made a lot.

20 hours ago, PhillyD said:

There was a little bit of leftover brisket.  Decided to make nachos and discovered we were out of chips.  Looked around and saw baby potatoes and ended up with smashed baby potatoes as the base.  Was halfway through when I decided it was Shank worthy.

Dec_12_2023_10_52_43.jpg

Adapting, improvising, overcoming before it was cool - 9GAG

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/3/2023 at 5:36 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

I don’t know where else to put this, but anyone else in here ever have nduja? It’s this Italian pate made with salami and fermented chili peppers. Wife found some at a boujie deli in our neighboring town. She was putting together a fancy meat and cheese tray (I don’t use the C word) and the butcher recommended we include this stuff.

Holy shit, I’m hooked. If you can find this stuff, buy it.

aabfbed023ab91891fa7e7fe4a7bbd06.jpg

I bought some of the central market version of this and tried it several ways.   It’s spicy as fuck and really tasty but..  the best application I found is mixing it with refried beans for bean dip.  Goddamn that was some good bean dip.  Just the right amount of heat, sour and substance.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I bought some of the central market version of this and tried it several ways.   It’s spicy as fuck and really tasty but..  the best application I found is mixing it with refried beans for bean dip.  Goddamn that was some good bean dip.  Just the right amount of heat, sour and substance.

WTF?

"Oh, this one time I made this great dish, here's a pic..........Y'all really should try this.... oh so good!!! Amazing!!!!!"

3 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I think you’re in the right place 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Shitno GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I'm not sure if sweet potato is gonna fly here.

Also, modelo belongs in a can. 

Yeah, the sweet potato was kinda meh. It wasn't like candied or anything, just one a plain my wife baked a couple of days ago and I wanted to use up. Cooked it with salt, pepper and cayenne. And in the grease of the brat. It was okay. Really couldn't taste it.  Not as good as regular hashbrowns though

12 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Took today and tomorrow to tackle the backyard that is way over grown and I haven't touched in like 4 years

Egg on left over sweet potato with Frank's. Jalapeno and cheddar brat from a local place.

3371e1339b685c7ab007257a35b9b3a7.jpg

When sweet potato is all you got, you go with it. It's all the man had. That's what this thread is about - making magic happen out of shit you got. And that's what he did. Not gonna rep it though.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I was in an Italian market on Saturday and saw these little loaves of giardeniara focaccia. I knew what had to be done.

Leftover brat, olive salad, pepperoncini, stone ground mustard, Colby Jack, sriracha.

It’s not a muffaleta hot dog, but it’s adjacent
4ff877cbac8ec5a426bd983e97ddbd02.jpg

71f8f06149affa906226ffeef46f7cd3.jpg

You had me at brat. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, deft said:

I applaud the beauty and effort. Not sure what a “leftover Taco Bell” burrito is however. I’ve never had that.

It happens more often than you think.  I offer this observation, as I have a young male Taco Bell fan who occasionally spends time with us when he is home from school.  His typical order is, best that I can tell, the classic order: "I'd like a big bag of food, please."  He gets said big bag of food.  He consumes most of it.  But often, there is an item or two left behind, which ends up in the fridge.  

My typical move is to take the cold burrito, mush it down just slightly onto the griddle to crisp it, flip to crisp the top, and then douse with taco sauce, cheese, and whatever the hell else I want.  Similar to the post above, which is a classic move.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 10:59 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Chili, jalapeño corn bread, Fritos, sour cream, onion cilantro cheese 

53407390903_1dae459858_b.jpg53407528429_b59cb973f8_b.jpg

Damn that chili looks good. What cut of meat is that? 

Also - this page is going hard in the paint. 

Edited by ztejas