College football '23

Blotto

Another long, torturous offseason is behind us and my favorite way to lose money is back! Not too much going on in week 0, but I'm a man of principle, so I must get down on some action this weekend. The following is the results of my 10 minutes of research.

Navy vs Notre Dame - ND Team total over 34.5. They scored 35 last year vs navy and my guess is the offense will be better with Sam Hartman transferring in for his 6th (and presumably last) season. Dont hate ND-19, but Navy seems to play these guys close when I dont expect it. 

Hawaii vs Vandy - Over 55.5. Vandy opened the season last year with a 63-10 win in Hawaii. Its Timmy Chang's second season as HC, but he wasn't calling plays last year. This year he is, and he's going back to the run and shoot, so hopefully they can contribute more than 10 points in the effort. Both teams have terrible defenses. 

Ohio vs SDST - Ohio ML + 106. Watched them a fair number of times on MACtion last fall and they were rolling in conf. Got 15 starters back from their 10-4 team (9 on offense). Might switch this to the Ohio TT 23.5. Game time decision. 

UMass vs NMST - NMST -6.5. NMST won at UMass last year by 10, and return 9 back on offense. I'll assume UMass sucks ass per usual, so NMST giving up less than 10 at home seems too good to pass up. 

Interested in the UF-Utah game (-6.5). It will obviously a lot different weather this year than last year in the Swamp. That is a tough place to play, especially at night in early Sept for a western team not used to that humidity. 

I am surprised the line fell to less than a TD. I am tempted to take Utah, but the modest line has me wondering what the money guys are seeing. 

I think Tenn (-28) rolls UVa and covers the spread. They'll want to continue the momentum from last year and it will be an energetic crowd in Nashville for this "neutral site" game. UVa is atrocious and I may also take the Tenn team over. 

Bama (-39) will cover vs MTSU, I believe. They are supposedly an angry team and I think Nick will want to make a statement here heading into next week. 

I think LSU (-2.5) beats FSU convincingly. The DT Smith being out is a bummer, but I still think LSU covers and it may not be close. 

No idea how Minne is only -7.5 vs Neb. New staff in Lincoln and that usually means an adjustment period. Meanwhile, Minne has been pretty solid under Coach Row Your Boat.

What games do y'all like this week? 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Tomatillo said:

Interested in the UF-Utah game (-6.5). It will obviously a lot different weather this year than last year in the Swamp. That is a tough place to play, especially at night in early Sept for a western team not used to that humidity. 

I am surprised the line fell to less than a TD. I am tempted to take Utah, but the modest line has me wondering what the money guys are seeing. 

Rising is doubtful. Heard Andy Staples this morning say he'd be surprised if he played. 

Line started at 9 and it's slid based upon this news.

• Like 1

Word out of G'ville is that the D line has been unblockable in practice.  Sure that might also mean the Oline sucks on a stick (again), but if Utah has an inexperienced QB back there, I think the Gata sends the house at em'.

I think Utah wins, but I'm thinking it'll be closer than expected. FG game.

• Haha 1

2-2 so far this season. I always bet on way too many games.

ECU @ Mich over 51.5

Tennessee -28

Colorado +20.5
Not because Colorado/Sanders. Because TCU. Low confidence, but I want to believe they are trash, and gambling helps me believe.

Washington -14

Rice @ Texas first half over 30.5
Thinking every RB sees time 2nd half, answers Sark's hopes/fears, and eats clock

Texas -35.5

• Hook 'Em 2

I won most of my picks but only made enough to cover lunch for the family.

Next week has some interesting lines. I’m assuming they think there are some bounce back weeks with these big 12 teams

Utah -5.5 @ Baylor

Aggie -4.5 @ Miami

Oregon -7 @ Texas Technical 

Texas +7 @ Bama and the under 56.5

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

Gambling is dumb.

See ya next week

Sorry you picked corn dog

fsu was an easy bet

This week Colorado -3.5 before it goes to a million

Utah -6.5 against Baylor is a steal

what else is out there?

I've got...

Kansas -3 vs Illinois

ND -7 @ NCSt

Baylor/Utah over 47

OU -16 vs SMU

Oregon -6.5 @ TTU

Liberty -10 vs NMSt

UCF -3.5 @ Boise

Colorado -3

Went 7-2 last week (Lost Clemson -14 and Baylor....ouch) won Liberty, Oreg St, Fresno ML on the road, Colorado +20.5, Tech/Wyoming over, UNC -2.5 @ USCe, and Tulane -6.5 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Enchubben said:

yea i agree on aggie. They suck on the road, but Miami has as close to zero home field advantage as there is in CFB, and it's an afternoon game. Gave the points in 1H (Aggie -2.5) and ML. 

God. The thought of those regards doing their elephant walk and midnight yell made me shoot añejo tequila out of my nose.  What a bunch of fucking idiots.    

• Haha 1

Went 5-2 in College last week, and 3-1 on NFL (4 Units to 1 unit if you count the Lions ML win). That brings me to 12.6U-4U in College and 4U-1U in NFL on the season. Here's what I like this week

College
Air Force -9.5 vs Utah St (2Units)
FSU -26.5 @ BC
Buffalo +140 vs Liberty
Iowa St -3 @ Ohio
Penn St -14.5 @ ILL
Kansas St -3.5 @ Mizzou (2 Units)
WMU +28.5 @ Iowa
tOSU/WKU over 64
Tenn/FLa under 58.5
TCU -7.5 @ UH (2Units)

NFL

Philly -6 vs Minny
ATL +1 vs GB (2Units)
Detroit -4.5 vs SEA
Raiders/Bills over 47
Cows/Jets under 38

Boy I effed the pooch on that aggy call vs Miami. Had what was shaping up to be a great Saturday this past wkend then Iowa and ole miss decided to say fuck your to just kneeing out the final minute and the weekend turned to 500. Pissed me off

I think auburn puts up 35 on aggy this week. They blitz a shit ton too so we’ll see how that goes. 

• Hook 'Em 1