Houston Texans 2018 Offseason Thread

GHOSTUSER

Concerned how little our 1st team offense played this preseason. The 3 and outs today were concerning. We have come slow out of the gate offensively the past several seasons and it looks like O’Brien isn’t doing a damn thing differently for the upcoming season. Don’t want to watch Lamar Miller run up the middle for less than 3 yards all the time like the past 2 years.

We need a much better backup. We have no offense at all with Weeden in the game. Need to see what the Jets want for Bridgewater. Howie Roseman and Doug Pederson showed how you win in the NFL on 2018 with quality backups and aggressive play calling. We are doing the opposite. 

Concerned how little our 1st team offense played this preseason. The 3 and outs today were concerning. We have come slow out of the gate offensively the past several seasons and it looks like O’Brien isn’t doing a damn thing differently for the upcoming season. Don’t want to watch Lamar Miller run up the middle for less than 3 yards all the time like the past 2 years.

Lulz. Watson and Hopkins have hardly played at all.

2 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Lulz. Watson and Hopkins have hardly played at all.

I know I have an issue how crappy we have looked offensively to start the past few seasons. I think they should have played more. O’Brien might have gotten spooked by Suh’s hit in Deshaun.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

On 8/25/2018 at 6:47 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

i am too, but i think that's just a league-wide shift based on the sheer number of injuries.  the rams announcers on saturday were going on and on about how the first pass goff will throw won't be til monday night football (zero in the preseason, and he's not hurt).  burleson tried to explain that he was getting on the same page with new pass catchers like cooks in drills, and hopes it transfers over.

in your 3rd pre-season game, i feel like starters would play close to a half.  that didn't seem to happen around the league this past week.

• Like 1

Defense looked how they were supposed to look the other day and should be a huge improvement this year.  The offense needs Keke to pan out as I think Braxton's days are numbered.  He seems like a good enough guy just doesn't have the quickness needed for that position.  Hopefully the OL will continue to develop to help along the running game and D'Onta can come back in week 7 (assuming he goes to PUP) fully healthy and ready to compliment Lamar.  I'm thinking 9-7 this year. 

22 hours ago, TexTexTex said:

Defense looked how they were supposed to look the other day and should be a huge improvement this year.  The offense needs Keke to pan out as I think Braxton's days are numbered.  He seems like a good enough guy just doesn't have the quickness needed for that position.  Hopefully the OL will continue to develop to help along the running game and D'Onta can come back in week 7 (assuming he goes to PUP) fully healthy and ready to compliment Lamar.  I'm thinking 9-7 this year. 

Really hope Akins emerges as a weapon at some point, and Carlos Watkins was a beast at Clemson, so hoping he has figured it out and is able to produce coming off the bench. 

I got 10-6, and the division, and if they make the playoffs, all bets are off. I think 10 to 1 to win the ACC Championship Game is a decent bet. 

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

I got 10-6, and the division, and if they make the playoffs, all bets are off. I think 10 to 1 to win the ACC Championship Game is a decent bet. 

Damn, if the Texans are playing in the ACC championship game, I'd give them better odds to beat Clemson or whoever comes out of that league.......