Houston Texans 2018 Offseason Thread

GHOSTUSER

Like the Reid and Akins picks. He was linked to the team in several mocks that I saw. I have no opinion of the OL, because I don't know much about him. I do know the last smallish OT the Texans took, that was universally panned was a 10 year starter and went to multiple pro bowls.

cbs gave the Texans a

B for Reid

B+ for Rankin

B for Akins

Edited by HtownHorn

Love drafting Reid and also think Coutee was a good pickup in the 4th and will definitely help in the slot and kick return game. Don’t have an opinion on the T and TE we drafted but glad we addressed positional needs unlike the idiot GM we had before.

53 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Love drafting Reid and also think Coutee was a good pickup in the 4th and will definitely help in the slot and kick return game. Don’t have an opinion on the T and TE we drafted but glad we addressed positional needs unlike the idiot GM we had before.

Im glad the Texans were relieved of Rick Smith.

Hope they pickup JT Barrett if they really wanna backup QB. 

Really they need to pickup Poona at DT and a ILB like Cichy.

Then keep drafting OL for the rest of the draft. You can always get a journeyman that can backup Watson.

59 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So will Badger be a kick returner as well?

1 minute ago, Sidney Sherman said:

I hope not. Don't want him injured and I think he needs to focus on learning coverages.

Texans ain't going to get Hill, kind of sad he's dropping. 

I would love to get Hill, but I think that would set him up to fail being too close to the people that put him in bad situations.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I would love to get Hill, but I think that would set him up to fail being too close to the people that put him in bad situations.

Maybe he needs to just grow up. Wouldn't surprise me he doesn't end up in New England (good) or Cinci (bad). 

I wasn’t thrilled that we named Brian Gaine as GM. However, I’m really pleased with his first draft so far. I think he got excellent value for all of his picks except for the TE who they could have possibly gotten later. Glad they got a DE in the 6th.

9 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I wasn’t thrilled that we named Brian Gaine as GM. However, I’m really pleased with his first draft so far. I think he got excellent value for all of his picks except for the TE who they could have possibly gotten later. Glad they got a DE in the 6th.

What helped that TE was the coaching staff coached him at one of the all star games, and really liked his work ethic. He's a little older do to baseball, but I agree with you. The DE from Wake Forest had a 3-4 round grade, getting him in the 6th round is very good value. I would love for them to take Hill and Elliott with their compensatory picks to complete the 6th.

Never mind about Elliott, Ravens just took him at 190.

Edited by HtownHorn

9 hours ago, Sidney Sherman said:

Im glad the Texans were relieved of Rick Smith.

Hope they pickup JT Barrett if they really wanna backup QB. 

Really they need to pickup Poona at DT and a ILB like Cichy.

Then keep drafting OL for the rest of the draft. You can always get a journeyman that can backup Watson.

JT went to the colts UDFA and Flowers went to the Bengals. Did we get any UDFA QB? I guess Weeden will be our number 2 going into camp. We really need to watch and see if someone gets cuts. Weeden is probably a good guy to have in the QB room and i am fine with keeping on the roster this season but i don't think we have address the Back up QB yet. Still plenty of time for players to get cut/released  and such. Hope we find something better. 

No we don't need to sign Kap. He doesn't wanna be a back and like Tebow brings a circus of unwanted media around. 

14 hours ago, Southernthunder said:

JT went to the colts UDFA and Flowers went to the Bengals. Did we get any UDFA QB? I guess Weeden will be our number 2 going into camp. We really need to watch and see if someone gets cuts. Weeden is probably a good guy to have in the QB room and i am fine with keeping on the roster this season but i don't think we have address the Back up QB yet. Still plenty of time for players to get cut/released  and such. Hope we find something better. 

No we don't need to sign Kap. He doesn't wanna be a back and like Tebow brings a circus of unwanted media around. 

Kap is horrible.

Edited by Sidney Sherman

• 1 month later...

I'd like to see the Houston franchise regain the moniker of the Oilers..!

Bruce Matthews Would Like To See Oilers History Return To Houston

As heard on In the LoopMarch 1, 2018 at 1:28 pm
Houston Oilers great Bruce Matthews joined In the Loop and they talked about the history of the Oilers returning to Houston, Deshaun Watson, Bill O’Brien, Jimbo Fisher and the Texans offensive line.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...