Israel-Hamas war thread

Brisketexan

3 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Reminder this is the thread for isreal-hamas news.

Posts about protests in the US or middle east politics or how you would fix the world go elsewhere.

Motherfucker this happened on Speedway in front of Gregory Gym. This is the essence of Texas current events. 

Sorry it makes you feel uncomfortable to see it happening. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, blacklab said:

No, because the posts don't belong here.

Why you ask? Because a bootlicker will come along, and rather than ignore him you'll then engage with him and the thread turns to shit. 

Thanks for deleting the posts and protecting the bootlickers from accountability, as you ever do. 

Where the fuck does it belong then?

Is the deployment of the state troopers onto OUR FUCKING CAMPUS to arrest peacefully protesting students a forever verboten topic?

You are just making it such that the fascists and bootlickers get to dictate the terms of """polite""" conversation, you fucking useful idiot 

Yes, a protest at the campus this f'ing website is based around that directly pertains to the war this thread is about isn't newsworthy. I like you Bob but sometimes your moderating is atrocious. 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Thanks for deleting the posts and protecting the bootlickers from accountability, as you ever do. 

Where the fuck does it belong then?

Is the deployment of the state troopers onto OUR FUCKING CAMPUS to arrest peacefully protesting students a forever verboten topic?

You are just making it such that the fascists and bootlickers get to dictate the terms of """polite""" conversation, you fucking useful idiot 

Uh, create a new thread?  (oops, blacklab beat me to it...)

Edited by Grimas

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

you're both free to start a new thread about it, no one is stopping you and I would not delete or move the thread.

I've posted at least 5 times in this thread to stay on topic. 

You've already deleted and removed the posts and discussion.

If you wanted it to be a topic, you would have moved the posts. 

But you didn't. You didn't want ANY discussion of it, so you hit the reset button and removed the fresh context. 

You are a fucking terrible mod if you just memory holed all those posts and user content. What the fuck, dude?

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

It is newsworthy, it just doesn't belong in this thread

I think the reaction you’re seeing here is in response to you nuking an entire discussion surrounding the biggest story of the day in Austin, perhaps Texas, instead of you moving the posts that you deemed off topic to a new thread. I disagree that it’s off topic, but I can see the argument and would be fine with it if you hadn’t just arbitrarily nuked a bunch of content.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, royiv said:

I think the reaction you’re seeing here is in response to you nuking an entire discussion surrounding the biggest story of the day in Austin, perhaps Texas, instead of you moving the posts that you deemed off topic to a new thread. I disagree that it’s off topic, but I can see the argument and would be fine with it if you hadn’t just arbitrarily nuked a bunch of content.

Yeah, I saw something about national news where protests included UT, so of course I immediately went to this site, and everything being posted (some of which was actual news) was on the 2 Israel/Palestine threads, so of course I followed things here, and those posts just got deleted??? WTF???

I'm still impressed to this day, after 25 years of posting on Longhorn-based message boards, that posts related to the University of Texas, on a University of Texas board are considered 'off-topic'   

I'm fairly confident had we existed online after the Whitman tower shootings, people would have said, "how is this relevant Lobo?  You always have to bring everything back to your campus experience!!!" 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

Yes, a protest at the campus this f'ing website is based around that directly pertains to the war this thread is about isn't newsworthy. I like you Bob but sometimes your moderating is atrocious. 

It’s the hot sports opinions about the news that posters can’t refrain from adding to the news in their posts that turn news threads to shit. 

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

It’s the hot sports opinions about the news that turns news threads to shit. 

We're not a bunch of robots. People have emotions, especially about news stories, especially one that hits really close to home.

20 minutes ago, mdmost said:

We're not a bunch of robots. People have emotions, especially about news stories, especially one that hits really close to home.

Well then, take it to the thread about the protest. It’s not that difficult.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, leaf said:

Well then, take it to the thread about the protest. It’s not that difficult.

There wasn't a thread for it at the time but thanks for showing up with zero clue of what was going on at the time. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, mdmost said:

There wasn't a thread for it at the time but thanks for showing up with zero clue of what was going on at the time. 

There was a thread there 35 minutes ago when you posted that comment

2 hours ago, blacklab said:

No, because the posts don't belong here.

Why you ask? Because a bootlicker will come along, and rather than ignore him you'll then engage with him and the thread turns to shit. 

thread turned to shit the moment it was posted

• Hook 'Em 1

This thread turned to shit weeks ago when multiple turds when floated out of the CR and started shitting in this thread. If they want to suck terrorist dick and complain about the Gaza war, they should do so back in the CR, or start another thread. Instead they cry about "bOoTliCKers" and "FaSciStS" and further shit in this thread.

Wait…so this thread is only for….CELEBRATING the war in Gaza? That’s a hot take.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

This thread turned to shit weeks ago when multiple turds when floated out of the CR and started shitting in this thread. If they want to suck terrorist dick and complain about the Gaza war, they should do so back in the CR, or start another thread. Instead they cry about "bOoTliCKers" and "FaSciStS" and further shit in this thread.

cry baby GIF

• Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

cry baby GIF

You're making my point for me. You are a horrible poster who doesn't add to the discussion, post any news, or bring up any good points. You are a troll who is only good at thread-shitting. You, and your ilk, are ruining this thread. Fuck off back to the CR.

Edited by MagicSoccerSpray
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

You're making my point for me. You are a horrible poster who doesn't add to the discussion, post any news, or bring up any good points. You are a troll who is only good at thread-shitting. You, and your ilk, are ruining this thread. Fuck off back to the CR.

This doesn’t seem on topic.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Alternatively you can fuck your own and/or your mom's face.

• Hook 'Em 1

I sometimes have apocalyptic dreams, perhaps from growing up in Amarillo and being told the commies were gonna nuke us from an early age since we had Pantex. I remember one when I was in college at UT probably sometime around 1997. I was walking around West Campus going to get a 40 oz from Grande Mart or something like that as I was wont to do, smoking a camel light, (damn I miss smoking) when all of a sudden I heard the Voice of God resounding over the Earth. It said “MAKE WAY FOR THE AK” in the loudest noise I had ever heard, then the shit hit the fan. It was quite intense. 

Edited by Grande Mart
No fucking good reason,
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, HotSauce said:

Someone doesn't agree with the groupthink logic, attack and destroy, right libs?

No, my issue is making a joke about people currently being killed and/or starving but if that's how Grandpa Facebook wants to roll he's welcome to post it and get pushback. I've generally supported Israel up till they've moved well past an acceptable campaign against Hamas.

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, HotSauce said:

Someone doesn't agree with the groupthink logic, attack and destroy, right libs?

Posted in the wrong thread. Appropriate thread is the Dumbass Things We See on Facebook thread, you twat.

My opinion, as worthless as it is:

Israel has a right to exist

Israel has a right to defend itself

Israel does not have the right to commit genocide

Disagreement with Israeli state policy does not equal antisemitism

Israel does not have the right to attack US military personnel without consequence

Israel does not have the right to conduct industrial, political, and military espionage against the US without consequences

Israel does not have the right to unlimited US foreign and military aid no matter what they do

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Israel does not have the right to attack US military personnel without consequence

Israel does not have the right to conduct industrial, political, and military espionage against the US without consequences

Has this happened?  Did I miss a report about this somewhere?

18 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

June 8, 1967

I was not aware of that incident.  Interesting CIA briefing released in 2006 indicates it was an accident (Israeli army mistook ship for an Egyptian freighter), and that the Liberty was closer to shore than it was supposed to be.  Other than conspiracy theories I couldn't find any hard evidence to suggest a different impression. https://theintercept.com/2017/06/06/fifty-years-later-nsa-keeps-details-of-israels-uss-liberty-attack-secret/

Regardless of whether it was intentional or accidental, how does that incident over 50 years ago apply to the current hostilities?

Edited by DDD Dad

53 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, my issue is making a joke about people currently being killed and/or starving but if that's how Grandpa Facebook wants to roll he's welcome to post it and get pushback. I've generally supported Israel up till they've moved well past an acceptable campaign against Hamas.

I don’t do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. or any right wing news

Your “pushback” is noted, but Hamas is hiding behind their women & children to deliberately cause their deaths so you can call it “genocide”. That’s the way those terrorists roll, but you can side with them if you like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Armybrat said:

I don’t do Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. or any right wing news

Your “pushback” is noted, but Hamas is hiding behind their women & children to deliberately cause their deaths so you can call it “genocide”. That’s the way those terrorists roll, but you can side with them if you like.

And the starvation? Fuck em, right? They get what they deserve because their parents voted for Hamas. Like with many things your shitty generation spits out now, this is the best response.

the-office-steve-carell.gif

• Hook 'Em 1