NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

That’s definitely not a pick I would’ve made, but he’s one of my favorite non-Spur players ever. I’m happy for him. 

At some point, the NBA is going to have to strongly consider its own HOF with very stringent qualifying requirements. The one thing I love about the BHOF is that it encompasses so much of the coaches, contributors, and international players, as well as teams. But, the NBA needs a hall of the very, very best, where inclusion means that you did something truly special with your career. Just my opinion.

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, Kermit said:

That’s definitely not a pick I would’ve made, but he’s one of my favorite non-Spur players ever. I’m happy for him. 

At some point, the NBA is going to have to strongly consider its own HOF with very stringent qualifying requirements. The one thing I love about the BHOF is that it encompasses so much of the coaches, contributors, and international players, as well as teams. But, the NBA needs a hall of the very, very best, where inclusion means that you did something truly special with your career. Just my opinion.

Yeah Billups is a very weak hall nom. That he went in before Big Ben is fucking lame, imo.

14 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

.3d1a4ef753f050eb7d67cf82170d6902.jpg

Except that the loss likely cost the Lakers their chance of obtaining the 8 seed, where they'd have two chances to win one game in the play-in, rather than having to win two straight, at least one on the road. Other than that though, great meme.

20 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Except that the loss likely cost the Lakers their chance of obtaining the 8 seed, where they'd have two chances to win one game in the play-in, rather than having to win two straight, at least one on the road. Other than that though, great meme.

Lakers still in running for 7 seed, and 6 seed

Screenshot_2024-04-09-09-45-55_kindlephoto-9928687.png.384464c984bde517707a36aa8c699304.png

I thought it was a procedural decision based on civil immunity and that it was up to the kid to prove Ja didn’t act in self-defense. The trial is still going on, but these articles are confusing as fuck.

14 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

AD was out with headache. He had menstrual cramps earlier in the day, so it was understandable.

To his credit, it's only his 6th missed game of the season, which may as well pretty much his Cal Ripken streak.

I don't care how hot the Warriors finish the regular season--most teams playing for seeding win a bunch down the stretch with half the league either resting stars or packing for Cancun--they're still not very good, and they're not getting past the first round, if they even get there 

...but damn it's at least nice to see Klay return to form over the second half of the season. Dude looked absolutely done a few months ago.

MILWAUKEE -- The Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics combined for a record low two free throw attempts Tuesday night. The Celtics also became the first team in NBA history to not shoot one.

Milwaukee's Giannis Antetokounmpo shot the only two free throws of the game, making one, in the Bucks' 104-91 victory.

16 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Kind of a big game between wolves & nuggets tonight. West will probably be settled ?

So Taylor won't sell the team to ARod because his group won't spend into the second apron? Like Glen Taylor is Jeff Balmer or something?

This is just bizarre. Maybe Taylor is just looking for an excuse not to sell to them. Maybe he'd like to run the team after he sells it, since he's done such a stellar job over the past ~30 years.

37 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Kind of a big game between wolves & nuggets tonight. West will probably be settled ?

Tony Brothers on duty tonight.  Does he T Jokic up at some point and possibly toss him from the game?  We'll see.

Tony Brothers on duty tonight.  Does he T Jokic up at some point and possibly toss him from the game?  We'll see.
You mean the wolves and nugs are playing in Tony brothers's game tonight.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Reason 798 of why I hate ESPN

f801498b6dc57e2533e6a88d3462a8e6.jpg
There is probably one reason why 99.99999% of fans would look at the Spurs box score. And for some reason they omit it. If someone is on the roster, then their status should be reflected in the box. It’s not that fucking hard.

1 hour ago, Fastbreak said:

Reason 798 of why I hate ESPN

f801498b6dc57e2533e6a88d3462a8e6.jpg
There is probably one reason why 99.99999% of fans would look at the Spurs box score. And for some reason they omit it. If someone is on the roster, then their status should be reflected in the box. It’s not that fucking hard.

What the fuck are you talking about? Go to gamecast - scroll down - there's the injury report. It isn't ESPN's fault you don't know how to use their app. They have by far the best live scores app and have for a long time. 

Denver should still win the west and get a 2nd title. They are just better than everyone else. I don’t care if THOSE GUYS make the finals and have home court advantage. The Nuggets will still win the title again this year. Minnesota and OKC are still too young and not as tested as Denver is. It still should be a fun year for the playoffs though.