NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

On 2/5/2024 at 7:36 PM, Mittens said:

The #Cavs are 18-4 since their “season ended” on December 15th.

They've played an incredibly soft schedule in that stretch. 

In those 22 games, only 8 came vs teams currently in the playoffs.
4 of those 8 were vs MIL (split), and 1 vs LAC.  The other 3 were teams in the 7th or 8th slot.
9 of those games were vs teams currently in 11th or lower.
13 of those wins, and 1 of the losses, came vs teams under .500.

On 2/5/2024 at 8:40 PM, Dutchrudder said:

Well the Cavs just annihilated the Kings from start to finish and take #2 seed in the East, soooo talk all you want about scheduling if it makes you feel better. They just got Mobley and Garland back and are doing better than everyone expected. With Embiid out for a while, they should be a top 3 seed by the end of the season and a defensive force to be reckoned with in the playoffs. 

Cavs are 9-13 in the past 22 games, 16 of which have come vs teams currently in the playoffs.

10 of those 13 losses came to teams currently in the playoffs.
7 of those 10 losses to teams currently in the playoffs came to teams currently seeded 7-10.

On 4/13/2024 at 8:56 AM, HornOnTheBayou said:

So the Pelicans finally avoid the play-in and their reward is Denver in the first round.

giphy.gif

Looks like Pelicans get Lakers in the play-in right???

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect

3 hours ago, Mittens said:

Cavs are 9-13 in the past 22 games, 16 of which have come vs teams currently in the playoffs.

10 of those 13 losses came to teams currently in the playoffs.
7 of those 10 losses to teams currently in the playoffs came to teams currently seeded 7-10.

They had significant injuries to Mobley, Mitchell and Garland throughout the year, and were only 1 game out of third place. They put in a half-hearted effort today against the Hornets and basically tanked the game, since it meant nothing.  Not exactly a great argument if you're trying to say they aren't a top 3 team in the East. 

The only team that may have had worse injury luck in the East was Philly. Giannis missed 9 games, Dame 10, and they were 1 game better than Cleveland. Whoopty doo. 

2 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Are the play-ins a three-game series? Or just one chance and advance, or go home?

The 7/8 game is for the 7th seed. The winner of the 9/10 game plays the loser of the 7/8 game for the 8 seed. 

So there's 3 games in each conference.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Are the play-ins a three-game series? Or just one chance and advance, or go home?

What ztejas said... this might help for west

image.png.29fbc3dad5e4cc882926dd38cd55e13d.png

Edited by LTtxfan

24 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The 7/8 game is for the 7th seed. The winner of the 9/10 game plays the loser of the 7/8 game for the 8 seed. 

So there's 3 games in each conference.

23 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

What ztejas said... this might help for west

image.png.29fbc3dad5e4cc882926dd38cd55e13d.png

Gotcha, thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
9 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:
So:
1.  OKC is the #1 seed
2.  They got the #1 seed and somehow avoided the Lakers?

Are the Lakers a problem for them? If so, how?

When healthy, the Lakers have good size and that's OKC's weakness.  Just a bad match up.  OKC is 1-3 against them this season.

Do you risk tanking the 7/8 game if you're NO or LA?
The 7 seed is a death sentence - meanwhile - OKC can probably be had.

Ain’t nobody tanking win or go home scenarios. The loser gets sac or golden state.2 teams fully capable of winning a single game and ending your season
  • Hook 'Em 1

Also I think Phoenix beats MIN and Dallas beats LAC.

Wolves have to make defensive adjustments this week. We pride ourselves in protecting the paint and perimeter forcing middies which is phoenixs bread and butter.

Cut down the turnover cute shit(17 in 21 first half min yesterday) and we should be competitive.

One thing I’d like to see if 90 foot ball pressure on Beal or Booker. neither are point guards. Letting them casually walk the ball up and get into their set helps Phoenix immensely. Wolves have the defenders and body’s to do this …hope the make those 2 work all series.

Also Beal cools off this week. He’s shooting >60% in April from 3. Maybe the off week will help. Gotta stay on Grayson Allen too. League leader in 3PT%. Can’t have those 4 scoring 20+ while shooting >50%.

When drew eubanks is in, we should be attempting 0 3s and attacking non stop at the rim. There’ll be lay ups all day

2 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Lakers are the sleeper team, but GSW might be sleepier.  These HOF loaded teams are so lowly seeded, West was loaded. 

I think the Ws are washed (other than Steph obviously). They'll probably wind up with the 8 seed, but I expect them to be a fairly easy out for OKC (6 games at most) if that's the matchup. 

29 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

I think the Ws are washed (other than Steph obviously). They'll probably wind up with the 8 seed, but I expect them to be a fairly easy out for OKC (6 games at most) if that's the matchup. 

Yeah I think OKC would cook the Ws.

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Yeah, I was half kidding when I said that OKC and Minnesota don't want to see Golden State. Sure, they'd probably rather see Sacramento or New Orleans than a team full of accomplished vets, but obviously no one's scared of the Warriors anymore (look no further than their home record this year).

Every desperate team gets hot in February and March when half the league is already checked out or starting to plan out their rest schedules for the playoffs. They're finally healthy (or, not suspended in Draymond's case) and playing decent basketball, but there's no scenario where they see Round 2. A tough 6 games sounds about right, if they even get there. Shit, Sacramento has been in a free fall, and I have zero confidence for tomorrow. A rivalry and revenge game in an arena where GS lost 3 of 4 playoff games in last year.

6 hours ago, ztejas said:

Do you risk tanking the 7/8 game if you're NO or LA?

The 7 seed is a death sentence - meanwhile - OKC can probably be had.

I'm hoping LA loses to NOLA and then Sacramento that way we get rid of the two hyper annoying fanbases in the Western Conference.  Unfortunately the Celtics aren't going fishing anytime soon...

Edited by Pimphand
  • Haha 2