NBA 2023-24

shadow_operative

41 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

if the celtics lose more than 1 game in the first two rounds i will be very surprised.  if they don't make the finals this year it's going to be a massive, massive failure on their part.

I think they lose 1 or 2 per series. Law of averages.

19 minutes ago, idigTexas said:

One is one too many.

WTF? We all need to be Dallas, San Antonio or Houston fans?

My reasons for being a Celtics/Sox/Bruins fan is simple. I grew up with a mother who loved sports and is from Boston. I did not live in the US so it was the only tie I had back.

Fuck the Patriots.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, idigTexas said:

One is one too many.

Then two is two too many.  Lived just outside of Boston for a bit in middle school when I discovered sports, and the Celtics were in their heyday.  

Celtics should win the East, and I think they have the best chance to beat the Nuggets, but the Nuggets have to be favored in the Finals.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

if the celtics lose more than 1 game in the first two rounds i will be very surprised.  if they don't make the finals this year it's going to be a massive, massive failure on their part.

Not gonna lie... want Heat gone

SGA out here handing out work.

2 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This could be a tough series for okc. The Pels have some really solid perimeter defenders in Murphy and especially Jones, and then Valancunius is a load underneath. This isn’t a great matchup for the Thunder. It would be much worse if Zion were healthy. 

Maybe - but we'll see if NOLA can keep up with these young bucks for 48 mins every night. 

I don't know. Zion being re-evaluated May 1. That's Game 5 of the series. I don't see OKC sweeping this series and I don't see them containing Zion. Will be an interesting series. 

If OKC wins this series and LA gets past Dallas, you'll have the Thunder taking on Westbrook, Harden and PG13. Fun series. If OKC can't get past the Clippers, you'll see a lot of Thunder fans rooting for those 3 to get a ring. 

OKC will win the series but it'll be ugly as all of their games with NO are.  NO is just long, big, and physical, with or without Zion and that's a bad matchup for OKC but they just have the better players.  The Clippers are actually a better matchup.  They might have an easier time with them.  They'd lose in like 5 games to Denver is my guess.

Scorching hot analysis here.

Screenshot_20240422_104536_ESPN.thumb.jpg.39bb34b697d00781adb57d63d635c4b6.jpg

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

OKC will win the series but it'll be ugly as all of their games with NO are.  NO is just long, big, and physical, with or without Zion and that's a bad matchup for OKC but they just have the better players.  The Clippers are actually a better matchup.  They might have an easier time with them.  They'd lose in like 5 games to Denver is my guess.

I thought more so than the matchup issues the lack of experience is what kept it tight in the 4Q. SGA especially fucked up a ton of possessions the last 5 or 6 minutes. Against a better team that's going to get them beat - we'll see how quickly they can learn and adjust. 

The D was good all game and really came in clutch - especially thar block by Chet.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Scorching hot analysis here.

Screenshot_20240422_104536_ESPN.thumb.jpg.39bb34b697d00781adb57d63d635c4b6.jpg

I thought more so than the matchup issues the lack of experience is what kept it tight in the 4Q. SGA especially fucked up a ton of possessions the last 5 or 6 minutes. Against a better team that's going to get them beat - we'll see how quickly they can learn and adjust. 

The D was good all game and really came in clutch - especially thar block by Chet.

Yeah, despite being thin and light and some positions, OKC is good on defense.  (They're long.)  On NO's last possession, OKC had SGA, Dort, Cason Wallace, and Chet on the floor.  Good luck with that.  (Jalen Williams isn't terrible, either.)

I think I'm more intrigued by this NO/OKC series than any of the other ones. Really interesting matchup.

New Orleans is really a bitch of an 8 seed. What a reward for OKC as a number 1 seed -- catching a 49 win team in the best western conference I can remember with key guys missing a lot games throughout the season. They really have a very well put together roster, even without Zion. 

Herb Jones is probably the best perimeter defender in the league and is going to make SGA work for everything. And the Pels have decent options for guarding Williams as well. As much as OKC relies on those two guys creating offense on their own, it just seems like tough sledding. And then you have Valancuinas pounding them on the offensive glass and beating up Holmgren on the inside.

New Orleans likewise is super iso heavy. It's McCollum and Ingram taking turns playing one on one, and OKC has great counters with Dort and all their length. I think this series is going to play out a lot like game 1 - it's going to be ugly, low scoring-ish, and whoever gets good shots down the stretch and doesn't turn the ball over is going to win. 

Shais scoring is down 5 pts and his 3 pt% has plummeted if you look at his march/ April #s vs December.

Wonder if he’s spent or what. He did hit some big shots but herb is gonna be a problem. Sounds like zion will be evaluated around the time for game 5? If Nola wins game 2 this’ll be on upset alert

The Cavs have been in control of this game from start to finish. Winning 2 at home is expected, but I'm glad to see them doing it. Hopefully they complete a sweep and get some rest before facing Boston and trying to pull off a massive upset in that series. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The Cavs have been in control of this game from start to finish. Winning 2 at home is expected, but I'm glad to see them doing it. Hopefully they complete a sweep and get some rest before facing Boston and trying to pull off a massive upset in that series. 

Orlando outside of the depleted heat are probably the most desired team anyone would want to play

I didn’t watch much but they were always 15 pts up

15 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

2 down.

14 to go.