2023 - 2024 Dallas Mavericks Season Thread - I'm watching, just like you guys

gsoda3

20 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Pj Washiington's schtick of not letting offensive players get a practice shot on dead ball's is kind of fucking hilarious and effective.

I think another PJ invented that, PJ Tucker

image.jpeg.756c8afc1f6d88968b4e4125baa1d588.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So when should we hear something on Lively? 

Gafford said in his TNT interview that he heard Lively was doing well and he’s gonna be fine.  Maybe he’s blowing smoke, but he sounded confident.

5 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

So when should we hear something on Lively? 

Gafford got the TNT post game, cool for him. That was one of the last questions. Didn't reveal much, but said he was in the process of getting his neck checked out.

Jinx.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hornstrader said:

That was a concussion at the very least. I will not be surprised at all if he is not available for game 4.

Article I read said he wasn’t in protocol tonight but that wasn’t really informative. 

4 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

He was visibly dizzy while walking off. I don't know how they can deny he has a concussion and say he only has a neck sprain. That'd be disappointingly irresponsible.

Agreed. Anything indicating he could go game 4 should be nothing more than gamesmanship at this point. 

Concussion protocol for my MS and HS teams are at least 5 days from last symptoms before full return to activities. This is for soccer and baseball. I can't imagine basketball is any different.

Who on the TNT game staff has now dropped twice that Luka and Kyrie are the best back offensive court combo in history? It was followed by somone's, "Thank you, thank you." Seems a bit hyperbolic for only one playoff run. What are your guys' thoughts? TNT post game argued about it a little bit, but had to switch to the Gafford interview.

16 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Who on the TNT game staff has now dropped twice that Luka and Kyrie are the best back offensive court combo in history? It was followed by somone's, "Thank you, thank you." Seems a bit hyperbolic for only one playoff run. What are your guys' thoughts? TNT post game argued about it a little bit, but had to switch to the Gafford interview.

A write-up from 2021

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/nba/news/ranking-best-backcourts-nba-history/1r09qtluuhs8yz76bw3bczu4b

41 minutes ago, JohnnyRage said:

Chuck, and shaq. 

8 hours ago, gsoda3 said:
9 hours ago, Fastbreak said:
I learned today that Dallas has a dude named Fudge.

He can jump out of the gym but that's about all he can do

Don’t discount his ability to put together holiday gift bags for the neighbors.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it cracks me up every time I watch the mavs. it looks like some dude they stole from a pickup game is making everyone on the court look like a fool. Go Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!

He should show up to the arena like this one day

white-men-cant-jump-1992-woody-harrelson

And I think those are the David Robinsons with the pump. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

it cracks me up every time I watch the mavs. it looks like some dude they stole from a pickup game is making everyone on the court look like a fool. Go Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!

In his rookie year there was a tweet that said something to the affect of 

Luka is 20lbs overweight, fat faced, wears an olineman's number, looks like he gets his haircuts at Great Clips, and will cut the heart out of your favorite team and there's nothing you can do about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Luka is 20lbs overweight, fat faced, wears an olineman's number, looks like he gets his haircuts at Great Clips, and will cut the heart out of your favorite team and there's nothing you can do about it.

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

All of that is pretty much true today. He's not chiseled or athletic in terms of an NBA body and when he dribbles, he's not making all these highlight reel moves, but damnit if he's not putting all his opponents on skates and hitting shots right in their face
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

All of that is pretty much true today. He's not chiseled or athletic in terms of an NBA body and when he dribbles, he's not making all these highlight reel moves, but damnit if he's not putting all his opponents on skates and hitting shots right in their face

Luka’s game is like a movie about an ex High School star who works at Bank of America before being discovered playing pickup at the YMCA by a down-on-his-luck basketball scout* and ultimately leads his expansion team to the NBA finals. 

* played by David Koechner

Sounds like Lively is out but Maxi will be back. You have to think Maxi is going to be on a restriction, but even if he takes Powell’s minutes, that’s better than nothing. 
Maxi probably gets 12-14 tonight which like you said is better than Dwight getting 12-14. I think the wolves come out playing 5 out.

27 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

We’re gonna kick your ass. This’ll be 3-1 after tonight

With Boston already having swept, thanks to some big Indiana chokejobs, Dallas really should get this closed out asap. Boston already home and resting. Dallas needs to get Lively and Maxi some needed rest to be ready for a potential Finals matchup.

I remember in 2003, Mavs were up 3-0 on Portland. They took a game 4 and kept the series alive. Then took the next 2 and had to get extended to a game 7. 

I am pretty confident Dallas ends up winning the series but it's best to put a team out its misery as soon as you can. Especially with all the traveling done between games 4-7 with alternating back and forth every game.