2023 World Series: Rangers vs Diamondbacks

Sir Ulrich

Congrats Ranger fans, hell of a run for you guys! Grabbing Jordan Montgomery at the deadline was a hell of a get, very underrated at the time, but he was absolutely critical to this postseason. Perfect on the road in the playoffs is something we probably won't see again any time soon. Lots of clutch plays and some crazy endings, and a soundtrack of Creed to top it off. 

Leo-cheers GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1

Stros fan here, congrats to Texas! I don't dislike the Rangers as do so many Astro fans.  Will be a great rivalry for the next few years.  You guys overcame the heartache of 2011 and 2012 , similar to our 1980 and 1986.

DFW now joins a select group of cities to win a WS, Superbowl, Stanley Cup, and NBA title:

Boston, Philadelphia, NY, Los Angeles, Chicago, St. Louis (NBA Hawks 1957), and DFW. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

On 11/1/2023 at 9:49 AM, Augustus said:

Tickets for tonight's game (decent upper deck infield) are less than $200 from a few vendors, with fees averaging around $70 per ticket.

I'm sorely tempted to head downtown tonight and see a World Series game in person for the first time in my life.  The fact that it could also be a World Series clenching game for the Rangers is pretty sweet, as well.

Dad took me to a Rangers game in their inaugural season in Arlington when I was 5 years old--I want to say it was against the Red Sox, but all I remember for sure is it was within the first few weeks of the season--and I've been a long-suffering fan ever since.  The way the 2011 Series got away from us took years off my life, I'm sure.

Completely off topic, I wish we'd have stuck with the uniform change we made when we moved from Arlington Stadium to the Ballpark in Arlington.  I thought I'd hate the red caps but I immediately loved the switch.

Did you end up going to the game?