Kevin Durant Longhorn Legend

Patrick Bateman

I want to see Durant on his own team. Last night Klay and Curry combined for 10/29 for 24 points. Durant dropped 30 on 13/22 shooting. 

No one remembers these games when they happen. It's amazing how Curry somehow gets a pass when he plays like shit, but if KD isn't flawless it's a knock against him.

I have zero doubt Durant could lead a team to playoff success without 3 all-stars around him. I don't know if he feels like it or not, but I think it would be redeeming not only for his status as a basketball player, but also for those of us that have followed him his entire career.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I have zero doubt Durant could lead a team to playoff success without 3 all-stars around him. I don't know if he feels like it or not, but I think it would be redeeming not only for his status as a basketball player, but also for those of us that have followed him his entire career.

He had a chance in 2012-2013

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

He had a chance in 2012-2013

Yes, and he closed out the Rockets and iced game 1 against the Grizzlies. Adjusting to WBrook being out was probably too much for that team.

Not that it really matters - he is a much better all-around player now than he was in 2013 - with more experience on the biggest stage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

everyone around here spends all year every year shitting on KD and then the playoffs roll around and he's like, "Oh btw I'm the best basketball player on the planet, since y'all forgot." and even the people all around basketball who don't actively hate on him dismiss and omit him. I must have heard that Harden is the greatest offensive player ever a dozen times this year, same as last year. nobody ever interjects to mention KD. but then again that's because he left his toxic situation having to play with Russ so that he could be a member of an actual team, where people ignore his greatness until that team inevitably leans on and depends on KD for postseason victory. It's like clockwork. KD is the best player in basketball, and if the Dubs win it all again I don't think anyone will be able to argue otherwise.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

everyone around here spends all year every year shitting on KD and then the playoffs roll around and he's like, "Oh btw I'm the best basketball player on the planet, since y'all forgot." and even the people all around basketball who don't actively hate on him dismiss and omit him. I must have heard that Harden is the greatest offensive player ever a dozen times this year, same as last year. nobody ever interjects to mention KD. but then again that's because he left his toxic situation having to play with Russ so that he could be a member of an actual team, where people ignore his greatness until that team inevitably leans on and depends on KD for postseason victory. It's like clockwork. KD is the best player in basketball, and if the Dubs win it all again I don't think anyone will be able to argue otherwise.

Quoting just because I agree so much 

12 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

His regular season stats will be insane next year if he goes to NY or some other team that isn’t the Warriors (and doesn’t have Russell Westbrook taking 25 shots instead of passing it to KD).  He is a much better scorer now than he was when he was leading the league every year in the early 2010s for OKC.  

He could probably average 40 PPG if he decides he’s won his titles and just wants to hunt shots for a while like Kobe in the post-Shaq years.

i thought the same thing earlier today. just thinking about how many shots he might be able to get up if he goes to a team that really leans on him. He should go home to DC and just have him and Beal combine to take 55+ shots every night. (I'm sure this a terrible idea in actuality, but it would be fun to see defenses trying to stop those two).

You gotta be a real idiot to pick this current moment to come running out of the woodwork trashing Kevin Durant, especially with smack talk about his facial hair and twitter usage. This is you during the LA series:

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cc4de193778796741

HATE HATE HATE HATE 

Edited by Goo Punch

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

You gotta be a real idiot to pick this current moment to come running out of the woodwork trashing Kevin Durant, especially with smack talk about his facial hair and twitter usage. This is you during the LA series:

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5cc4de193778796741

HATE HATE HATE HATE 

I’ve never denied how good he is. He’s just a douche, and I reserve the the right to cheer against him while eating Cheetos on my couch.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

yeah you and vic make post after post in regards to KD speaking about your respect for his talent

It's almost as if sports is a category of entertainment, and prominent athletes are public figures whose personality and image is of public interest, particularly on a messageboard with over 1000 posts about another UT legend who hasn't taken a meaningful football snap in almost a decade.

If you want to express your wanting to suck KDs dick because of his talent putting a ball through a hoop, it's on you.

It's almost as if sports is a category of entertainment, and prominent athletes are public figures whose personality and image is of public interest, particularly on a messageboard with over 1000 posts about another UT legend who hasn't taken a meaningful football snap in almost a decade.
If you want to express your wanting to suck KDs dick because of his talent putting a ball through a hoop, it's on you.

If KD didn't go to UT for one year, no one on here would give any fucks about him and they'd hold the same view on him as the rest of the fans around the league.
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
5 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Read more  

If KD didn't go to UT for one year, no one on here would give any fucks about him and they'd hold the same view on him as the rest of the fans around the league.

I mean this is probably true but so what? OU takes pride in their dickhole former athletes from kyler, baker, all the way to Boz. Aggy loved Manziel when he was getting sloshed. I’m doing the same, fuck it

24 minutes ago, NowThis said:

can the $ work for GS retaining KD and Klay next year? 

Yes. They can go as far over the cap as they want to sign their own guys. So long as their willing to pay a fortune in luxury tax. Doesn't matter though, KD is gonzo.

On 4/27/2019 at 5:29 PM, longhornmatt said:

His regular season stats will be insane next year if he goes to NY or some other team that isn’t the Warriors (and doesn’t have Russell Westbrook taking 25 shots instead of passing it to KD).  He is a much better scorer now than he was when he was leading the league every year in the early 2010s for OKC.  

He could probably average 40 PPG if he decides he’s won his titles and just wants to hunt shots for a while like Kobe in the post-Shaq years.

I doubt he'd be as efficient though.  Golden State has two other players that can go off for 50 on any given night, and the opposing defense has to respect that.  One of them is also a good distributor, the other barely needs to touch the ball to put up points. If he goes Almost  anywhere else   He's gonna get a lot more attention, the other teams best defender, double teams, etc.  He could still put up numbers, but won't be as easy that's for sure 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I doubt he'd be as efficient though.  Golden State has two other players that can go off for 50 on any given night, and the opposing defense has to respect that.  One of them is also a good distributor, the other barely needs to touch the ball to put up points. If he goes Almost  anywhere else   He's gonna get a lot more attention, the other teams best defender, double teams, etc.  He could still put up numbers, but won't be as easy that's for sure 

KD had a 50-40-90 season back in 2013. Efficiency has never been his problem, regardless of whom he's playing for.