Texas vs k-state - 11am on Fox

Pancho

1 minute ago, victory88 said:

I really don’t understand why KSY went for it.  They have a very good red zone offense and we have arguable the worst red zone offense.  They had a huge advantage in OT.  We couldn’t even complete a pass in OT and we had been struggling on offense in general the entire 2nd half.  It was a stupid decision on his part and it obviously cost them the game.  

God bless them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Maalik and Arch should have started the BYU game alternating series. Send the message this job is up for grabs until Quinn is back so who wants to take it. Instead he rode 100 percent with Maalik and both Sark and Maalik almost ruined the season today. 

Most coaches are big on the “loyalty thing”. AND they don’t want to hurt their fragile lil QBs egos. Mack made a deal with the d3vil to play Chris Simms no matter what. Cost us at least a Big 12 Championship and chance at MNC. Stubborn. Sark being an ex-QB may have promised MM his “shot” if Ewers couldn’t go. Few coaches like to alternate QBs. Reasons for not playing Manning are running out. Hope Ewers is healthy when/if he comes back. ALSO: you guys pathetic with your criticism of Sark when the players are playing badly. Sark makes poor decisions. And lots of really good ones. Mostly bring us back from the Dark Ages. Enjoy the wins. Bitch about defeats. But quit pitching about irrelevancies that mask the real fuckups in the actual games. Players are supposed to play well. I doubt Coach Pete coaches  them to leave receivers open. Our secondary sucks. They get paid and get lots of practice. On both sides of the ball. Proper execution would solve a lot of these “close game collapses”. It ain’t ALL poor coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I really don’t understand why KSY went for it.  They have a very good red zone offense and we have arguable the worst red zone offense.  They had a huge advantage in OT.  We couldn’t even complete a pass in OT and we had been struggling on offense in general the entire 2nd half.  It was a stupid decision on his part and it obviously cost them the game.  

Probably got fixated on our run game success vs us shutting down theirs.

Same reason coaches can’t methodically move the ball down the field and score any more, no patience. Win now, score now etc…

I understand if you make the first down or touchdown on fourth you can put the other team away sometimes but how slow of a learner is sark after 9 games and it’s not working take the fucking points and let your defense continue to dominate the game. 

2 hours ago, troph said:

Yeah M-F is stressful to hell right now I don’t need any of this unnecessary drama. Fuck cardiac sark.

Yeah. Sark. The two stupid ints he threw. Him stupidly missing an easy tackle on the sideline TD for KSU. And then him making Brooks fumble.  All leading to 21 pts. Sark should be shot! 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Dbeasy said:

I have a lot to say, and since my wife doesn't want to hear it, congratulations Surly.

While I was miserable during the game as the lead slipped away, after the fact I feel much better than I normally would for multiple reasons:

1. The early playcalling by Sark was fantastic.

2. This game was close because of multiple turnovers and bonehead plays.

3. Yet, they still overcame all of those mistakes and pulled it out.

4. This was a win against a well-coached pretty good team (except for the last play of the game)

5. This was way more encouraging than Houston, where it was 21-21 when Ewers got injured.  There is no reason that game should have been that close.

Overall, we should be damn happy about the win, the Aggie loss, and move on to next week. Okay cool. Hook'Em.

i'm still miserable

it was a rewind of houston exactly + MIRACLES NEEDED to win

TAKE

THE

GODDAMN

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

Yeah. Sark. The two stupid ints he threw. Him stupidly missing an easy tackle on the sideline TD for KSU. And then him making Brooks fumble.  All leading to 21 pts. Sark should be shot! 

He goes for it on fourth when he should kick the Fg, he manages the end of the half like shit. He pulled the doak walker semi finalist who averages like 6 yards a carry on the 3rd and 5 and gave it to a freshman and we were stuffed and that led to OT. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Was this game much more difficult than it should have been? Yes

Did I have to take a 2nd dose of Losartan in the middle of the 4Q? Absolutely yes. 

Did Texas win? Fuck yes.

Did atm lose? LOL yep.

Fuck it. 

Good Day GIF

Self quote. Amendment 1. 

ousux lost too. It was a great day. 

12 minutes ago, victory88 said:

The only reason I can possibly think of is the missed extra point attempt earlier might have made Klieman mistrust his kicker getting them to 2OT. Of course, that same kicker had just hit a much longer FG to get them to OT. Whatever he was thinking, such are the mind-boggling decisions HC's sometimes make under pressure.

18 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

someone should be shot for letting half of KState's team come unblocked on a punt, that fucking changed everything.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

I get why Klieman went for it.  It was essentially the same situation KU found themselves in a couple of years ago, and that went their way.  The folksy coach wisdom is to go for two after an OT TD when on the road.   It was almost the same position on the field as a 2 pt try.  Make one play to win the game.  

Joel Klatt called it correctly in real time. Texas offense was garbage the entire 4th Q. And in OT. If KSU kicks it they could score again and we prob wouldn’t. I guess other “better coaches” than Sark make game losing decisions too! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Layne said:

Wide open receiver and overthrown. Y’all used to bitch out Ewers for that. Or Sark for calling the long ball! 

I'd have to rewatch it, but I thought Mitchell slowed down a little waiting on the throw and then sped back up. He was a cunt hair away from catching it though.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Sark had some stupid calls.  He got too comfortable with a lead.  You need to take the points.  Malik is wreck-less with the ball.   Those 3 turnovers killed us.  This game was 27-7 with 1 min left in the 3rd quarter.  We need to stop melting down against teams where we have big leads.  This has been a problem with Sark since he got here.  Only difference is that we have had some luck on our side with missed extra points and missed field goals.  

With all that said, we are 8-1 and we beat a top 25 well coached team with our back up QB.  How many teams can do that?  That’s encouraging.  We have also yet to play our best football.  Not sure it will happen but we are winning in spite of our mistakes.  Sark really needs to get Arch reps bc if Malik keeps playing like this, we have too much on the line to not put the best players in position to play.  It may be 2-3 years before we have a roster ready tj make a run like we do this year.  We really need Quinn back ASAP.

We played our best football against Bama. Haven’t been able to replicate that since.  Look Bama is 7–1 and the only game they looked bad was after us when they tried a different qb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shakahorn said:

We played our best football against Bama. Haven’t been able to replicate that since.  Look Bama is 7–1 and the only game they looked bad was after us when they tried a different qb.

That might have been the healthiest we’ve been all year though. The Death Star has some holes currently 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Perfect opportunity to get Maalik his first run of the day. Fake the ball to Brooks, everybody bites, take off on a thirty yard run, drag tacklers into the end zone from five yards out. Place in history secured.

I’m not mad at Maalik. He’s just not the player in real-time that some of y’all hyped for the last two years. BTW. I’ve not seen him actually run. Isn’t that a supposedly a weapon at QB? It should be at least a threat. It’s Not even a threat if he never does it. So. How slow is he? He does not inspire confidence that he can stretch the defense if our OL misses a block. Which … they do a lot! 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not the close game I anticipated beforehand and even up to the 3rd quarter. Houston part two.

Maalik looked incredible to start, zipping passes and dropping in great deep passes. I have no idea what happened after halftime.

Took my boy there for his first UT game. The crowd was incredible but the energy dropped a ton by overtime.

I was shocked KSU went for it on 4th.

A fun but needlessly stressful win.

33 minutes ago, troph said:

He goes for it on fourth when he should kick the Fg, he manages the end of the half like shit. He pulled the doak walker semi finalist who averages like 6 yards a carry on the 3rd and 5 and gave it to a freshman and we were stuffed and that led to OT. 

Brooks was hurt dude. He was limping off after almost every damn carry.

What about the end of the first half was mismanaged? If anything Kleiman stepped on his own dick not even behind able to get a FG attempt before half.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

I’m not mad at Maalik. He’s just not the player in real-time that some of y’all hyped for the last two years. BTW. I’ve not seen him actually run. Isn’t that a supposedly a weapon at QB? It should be at least a threat. It’s Not even a threat if he never does it. So. How slow is he? He does not inspire confidence that he can stretch the defense if our OL misses a block. Which … they do a lot! 

Maalik is just so inconsistent so far, unfortunately.  I was watching the first quarter trying to think of the last time he didn't complete a pass.  Then, we're in the desert.  Then there's a flash.  Then it's gone.  With all those first quarter completions, he only had a 51% completion rate today.  And he apparently ain't a runner.  He can put some zip on the ball.  I was hoping he would set the world on fire, but I'm having doubts about his the guy status at this point.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

So is 24-0? 

We were moving the ball at will and the defense wasn’t allowing anything.

KSU punted after we turned it over too so the momentum argument holds no weight.

I should have said it gave them momentum. certainly the blocked punt was horrible.

We need points out of drives when you have a back up QB who is a turnover waiting to happen and a defense that is known to shit the bed completely at any point.

the other point is we aren't getting the ball after half.  Get some points near the end of the half.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, troph said:

You’re stretching to blame this one on Sark. It’s all on Maalik and our suck ass secondary. Should not have been close. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, oh_snap said:

It was a back up QB. We have a legit excuse. Texas in the playoff is good for business. People need to realize if we win we’re in

Lol I'd believe this narrative if blowing double digit 2nd half leads hadn't been our norm for 2 seasons now

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

K State’s coach was not going to let Sark be better than him at anything, including who’s the best at making boneheaded decisions that make no sense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

I'm glad they did

45 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

Joel Klatt called it correctly in real time. Texas offense was garbage the entire 4th Q. And in OT. If KSU kicks it they could score again and we prob wouldn’t. I guess other “better coaches” than Sark make game losing decisions too! 

Going for it there was a dumber decision than any sark made in the game, you are correct. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bobby Layne said:

You’re stretching to blame this one on Sark. It’s all on Maalik and our suck ass secondary. Should not have been close. 

Coach knew MM was QB1 all week? It’s his game to manage. All the more reason you take the points. 

Edited by troph