BYU @ Oklahoma State - ABC

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Well this is just stupid… root for what’s best for Texas…

Yeah, but ou winning so that we get to avenge our loss doesn't really help us.  As I mentioned in the game thread, we already have the best resume of the one-loss teams: the highest SoS, the best win, and the best loss (Ohio St can argue the last part now, but not the other two).

So, if resume matters, we already have it.  But the powers that be have already annointed Oregon based on optics.

So, the best thing we can do is win the conference title game, preferably by a shitload, and get some help from Florida tonight and Iowa next weekend.  Beating ou instead of Okie Lite does not help us at all.

So, fuck ou.  They can eat some shit and watch the CCG from their couches, hopefully.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, AeroHorn said:

I cannot imagine a UT fan wishing that OU makes it to the final. Besides wishing for something that OU fans want, there is no point from UT perspective either. Playing a top-15 OU or top-15 OSU makes no difference to our chances for CFP. Truly bizarre behavior, to say the least.

Weird ass perspective. I don’t give a fuck if OU is in the title game, Texas will be there to shut the door. It pads our playoff case much better than a win against a team that lost to South Alabama. Admit you’re scared of Oklahoma. Those T-Shirts Stutsman were selling were for folks like you.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexArcher said:

Yeah, but ou winning so that we get to avenge our loss doesn't really help us.  As I mentioned in the game thread, we already have the best resume of the one-loss teams: the highest SoS, the best win, and the best loss (Ohio St can argue the last part now, but not the other two).

So, if resume matters, we already have it.  But the powers that be have already annointed Oregon based on optics.

So, the best thing we can do is win the conference title game, preferably by a shitload, and get some help from Florida tonight and Iowa next weekend.  Beating ou instead of Okie Lite does not help us at all.

So, fuck ou.  They can eat some shit and watch the CCG from their couches, hopefully.

Oh, I 100% agree… earlier this season after we lost to OU I was rooting for OU to help boost our strength of schedule… that’s where I think it was acceptable

def not rooting for OU now…

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Weird ass perspective. I don’t give a fuck if OU is in the title game, Texas will be there to shut the door. It pads our playoff case much better than a win against a team that lost to South Alabama. Admit you’re scared of Oklahoma. Those T-Shirts Stutsman were selling were for folks like you.

Scared? I guess you don't have any argument of substance. I am sure your sooner buddies are cheering for you.

4 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

You’re off a bit here. 

It helps to be ou over OSU, yes, because ou will be ranked 10-13 and I can’t see OSU getting above 15th; however, that is minor compared to the most major thing which is needing FSU to lose.