Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

14 minutes ago, wood said:

Oof. That's no joke. She ok?

øh she was fine but Svenge, her brother in law, an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo dentist", "Fillings of Passion", and "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink", fainted right away

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, elfenix said:

øh she was fine but Svenge, her brother in law, an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo dentist", "Fillings of Passion", and "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink", fainted right away

Hit. Bit. 220. 221. 

Well done. Can't believe I missed it!

• Haha 1

Got lost in the Hamilton to Ferrari news, but the Japanese GP & Suzuka signed an extension to remain on the calendar until 2029. There are a few tracks that should be on calendar every year; Suzuka is one.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.formula-1-to-race-in-japan-until-2029-after-new-five-year-extension.7yAlDYf8uDZBUBZn5fBcLx.html

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mittens said:

I don't want him to go because I feel the lulz would be so much more with a Ferrari engineer. Bono and Lewis have been together long enough that they know the language for each other. Lewis and whoever the hell is saying stuff like "We are thinking about Plan E, plus five. Question."? Popcorn is ready.

8 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

I don't want him to go because I feel the lulz would be so much more with a Ferrari engineer. Bono and Lewis have been together long enough that they know the language for each other. Lewis and whoever the hell is saying stuff like "We are thinking about Plan E, plus five. Question."? Popcorn is ready.

Oh I'm sure that Ferrari engineering and "strategy" will still provide the lulz.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yeah Bono might be the only one who'll be able to keep Lewis off the ledge.

14 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Surprised Bono doesn’t want or isn’t able to work a promotion out of the deal, similar to Rocky at Red Bull. 

I read yesterday somewhere that when Bono heard the news he asked if it was April Fool's Day already. Surprised Lewis hadn't already told him.

16 minutes ago, G650 said:

Added to make it clear what this link is:

Christian Horner: Red Bull team principal under investigation following allegations

No word on the allegations. But whoowee if we go into 2025 with Horner out and Hamilton wearing red, the sport won't be recognizable. Gives me comfort that HAAS will always be in the back of the pack for continuity.

On 2/3/2024 at 11:21 AM, Mittens said:

Would Bono, unless Ferrari is going to pay him a stupid amount of money (and by stupid I mean "I can retire on this"), really want to leave Mercedes? Lewis is 40 and nearing the end of his career; he races maybe three or four more years tops? Then would he want to be stuck in the circus that is Ferrari without Lewis?

I'm not so sure I would.

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 2/2/2024 at 2:14 PM, Chewbacca said:

Seeing rumors that Albon has been offered Checo's seat for 2025.  I'm not sure he wants it, though.  I've seen some interviews with him and he did not enjoy being Max's teammate, not even a little bit.  Could see him wanting the open MB seat instead.

it's legit one of the toughest spots to be in sports at the moment

fantastic car, but you have to go up against one of the best drivers ever in a car that is set up to his driving style to the detriment of anyone else. oh yeah, and he is on absolutely driving like his hair is on fucking fire for the last few years. 

i think they handled everything well with Alex and i think he had a positive experience during his year away with them - but yeah, if you have another shot in another car you take that one if the money is anywhere near comparable.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Big color scheme change for Sauber

McLaren should be thanking their lucky stars they no longer have the goofiest looking livery on the grid.

3 hours ago, NoName said:

it's legit one of the toughest spots to be in sports at the moment

fantastic car, but you have to go up against one of the best drivers ever in a car that is set up to his driving style to the detriment of anyone else. oh yeah, and he is on absolutely driving like his hair is on fucking fire for the last few years. 

i think they handled everything well with Alex and i think he had a positive experience during his year away with them - but yeah, if you have another shot in another car you take that one if the money is anywhere near comparable.

That's not really what's happening there.

If yall see the F1TV promo for new subs, can you post it? Each year I've been signing up with a new email address to save some cash. 

36 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So are you not watching this season or what?

Sure, I'll watch. But like many others, I cancelled my F1TV Pro sub. I'm not going to keep directly handing them my money for this bullshit. With every stupid new decision they make, they make a bit more of a mockery of the sport. And with this latest move I guess it really is no longer a true world championship.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

What move are you referring to?

FOM not allowing Andretti into the commercial agreement despite there being at least 2 open spots for new teams and despite Andretti having already been approved by the FIA as an entrant into the World Championship. Technically, it seems Andretti can still race, but without prize money from the commercial side of the sport - FOM. That's probably unlikely to happen. It's just ultra-expensive club racing now as far as I and a lot of other people are concerned.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

10 minutes ago, Native Horn said:

Each race is on ESPN or ABC.  No need for F1TV to just watch the races.

I don't have ESPN. Would be way more expensive to buy a service with ESPN than to buy F1TV at full price.