Formula 1 2024

Anton Chigurh

I’m sure he wasn’t just randomly sending dick pics to his employees. Sounds like a setup. Dumb as fuck regardless.

If rumours are true about RB being split between his camp and the helmet fuck, then the helmet camp did whatever they needed to do to get rid of horny. This means adios Checo. Checo to MB for 2025 as number 2 to compliment Russel and spill all the red bull beans to Totto. Checos way of saying fuck you helmet!! Let’s roll!!!!

Edited by texas08

14 minutes ago, texas08 said:

I’m sure he wasn’t just randomly sending dick pics to his employees. Sounds like a setup. Dumb as fuck regardless.

If rumours are true about RB being split between his camp and the helmet fuck, then the helmet camp did whatever they needed to do to get rid of horny. This means adios Checo. Checo to MB for 2025 as number 2 to compliment Russel and spill all the red bull beans to Totto. Checos way of saying fuck you helmet!! Let’s roll!!!!

Imagine Newey leaves (for Ferrari) if they oust Horny. Also, F1 has to love all this shit going on immediately after the Andretti debacle.

Intentionally setting up and driving out Horner in the midst of his second run of domination at RBR seems... stupid.

I mean, RBR can go suck it, I'd be fine if that team ejected itself from F1 and faded into the mists of racing teams long past.  But it sure seems like people that actually like Red Bull, wouldn't want to dump their highly successful team principle.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Intentionally setting up and driving out Horner in the midst of his second run of domination at RBR seems... stupid.

I mean, RBR can go suck it, I'd be fine if that team ejected itself from F1 and faded into the mists of racing teams long past.  But it sure seems like people that actually like Red Bull, wouldn't want to dump their highly successful team principle.

Honestly, what if RBR just says...

No Way Sloth GIF

Not saying it's right at all, but who is going to have a moral leg to stand on? The organization that puts races in countries where they still have public executions?

48 minutes ago, texas08 said:

I can’t decide what’s weirder, you just assuming the only way this could’ve happened was a setup by Helmut Marko or MB picking Checo as their number 2 driver.

I don’t think Checo would crack the top 10 of potential MB replacements. 

34 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Honestly, what if RBR just says...

No Way Sloth GIF

Not saying it's right at all, but who is going to have a moral leg to stand on? The organization that puts races in countries where they still have public executions?

Red Bull Racing can think whatever it wants, but Red Bull energy drink company is calling the shots here, and I have to think they do care about their moral footing. If Horner sent an unsolicited picture of Little Chrissy to someone, he's going to go and there's nothing the racing team can do about it. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, ConferenceRoom said:

Red Bull Racing can think whatever it wants, but Red Bull energy drink company is calling the shots here, and I have to think they do care about their moral footing. If Horner sent an unsolicited picture of Little Chrissy to someone, he's going to go and there's nothing the racing team can do about it. 

Lol. I've got F1 brain. I literally didn't even think of how Red Bull was anything else than a racing team. Good point.

27 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I can’t decide what’s weirder, you just assuming the only way this could’ve happened was a setup by Helmut Marko or MB picking Checo as their number 2 driver.

I don’t think Checo would crack the top 10 of potential MB replacements. 

Formula 1 is a reality tv show/circus. Money talks and anything goes! Welcome to the clown show! I’m here for it!

20 hours ago, wood said:

That's not really what's happening there.

maybe is should re-word how i said it and let you (who knows wayyyyyyyyyyyy more about this than me) clarify/correct

the car is set up to exactly how he likes to drive (think Albon talked about this when he was the reserve driver for RBR) - which is not the easiest car to drive/style that matches a bunch of drives out there today.

i think that's more accurate than what i said above, i think? please correct if not!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, texas08 said:

That occured to me as well. Since Dieter died, there's been some friction at Red Bull, between the company's ownership and the racing team. Dieter loved the racing team and protected it, but Dieter's dead, baby.

Edited by wood

Still subject to an approval vote, but it looks like they're going to actually do the right thing and adopt the sprint weekend schedule I've been pushing for.

Friday: FP1, Sprint Qualifying

Saturday: Sprint Race, parc ferme opens, GP Qualifying

Sunday: GP

F1 sprint race weekend format set for reshuffle in 2024
Formula 1's sprint race format is set to be reshuffled for 2024 with grand prix qualifying to be moved to Saturdays, following an F1 Commission meeting on Monday.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/f1-sprint-race-weekend-format-set-for-reshuffle-in-2024/10572680/

Sprint weekends are set to operate as follows: free practice and sprint qualifying will take place on the Friday, with the sprint race on Saturday. The shortened race format will precede qualifying for the grand prix, which will occupy its usual slot on Saturday along with the full race on Sunday.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, NoName said:

maybe is should re-word how i said it and let you (who knows wayyyyyyyyyyyy more about this than me) clarify/correct

the car is set up to exactly how he likes to drive (think Albon talked about this when he was the reserve driver for RBR) - which is not the easiest car to drive/style that matches a bunch of drives out there today.

i think that's more accurate than what i said above, i think? please correct if not!

Yep, it's about the 'pointy' (oversteer-y) characteristic (not the setup) of the car, which is typically difficult for almost anyone to drive, including F1 drivers. Max apparently handles it with no problem. Some people out there (not you) say the team is setting it up just for Max and in a way that the other guy can't drive it. It's more like this is the fastest design they could come up with, and it's a handful for most because it's so pointy, but Max handles it fine. There are probably a couple of other guys who could drive it well, but most won't. They can mitigate that somewhat with setup for each driver, but that will likely come in the form of compromises that tend to make the car easier to drive, but simultaneously make it a little slower.

9 hours ago, faps said:

Imagine Newey leaves (for Ferrari) if they oust Horny. Also, F1 has to love all this shit going on immediately after the Andretti debacle.

Yep, or Mercedes. And yeah, F1 is loving it, and imho they orchestrated the timing of at least one of the Andretti or Lewis news drops.

Edited by wood
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, wood said:

Yep, it's about the 'pointy' (oversteer-y) characteristic (not the setup) of the car, which is typically difficult for almost anyone to drive, including F1 drivers. Max apparently handles it with no problem. Some people out there (not you) say the team is setting it up just for Max and in a way that the other guy can't drive it. It's more like this is the fastest design they could come up with, and it's a handful for most because it's so pointy, but Max handles it fine. There are probably a couple of other guys who could drive it well, but most won't. They can mitigate that somewhat with setup for each driver, but that will likely come in the form of compromises that tend to make the car easier to drive, but simultaneously make it a little slower.

setup was the wrong word, 100% - thank you for clarification.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, G650 said:

translation from reddit:

Spoiler

The Horner affair, Jos & Bernie: That's how far the investigation has come

What really happened around the allegations against Christian Horner on Friday and what Jos Verstappen and Bernie Ecclestone have to do with it

On January 15th, Red Bull Racing will present its team for the 2024 Formula 1 season, but whether Christian Horner will still be team boss then is still up in the air. Two days after they became known on Monday, further details about the allegations against him gradually leaked out .

It is now certain that Horner will be questioned on Friday by an "independent investigative lawyer", as Red Bull GmbH announced on Monday. According to information from Motorsport-Total.com , interviews with other employees on the topic have already taken place.

It will be the first time that Horner himself has testified as part of the investigation. Red Bull is still not commenting on the specific nature of the allegations against the 50-year-old. Various rumors are circulating in the Formula 1 community, many of them unsavory. One thing is clear: the allegations were made by an employee of the Red Bull team who worked closely with Horner.

According to information from Motorsport-Total.com , the fact that Horner's future at Red Bull Racing will be decided on Friday is not set in stone. It is more likely that the investigating lawyer must first thoroughly process and evaluate the results of his investigations and interviews and then come to a conclusion.

However: time is of the essence. When Red Bull's presentation for the 2024 season takes place on January 15th, there should ideally be clarity as to whether Horner can remain team boss or not. Especially since Red Bull GmbH announced in its statement that it would like to complete the investigation “as quickly as possible”.

Horner was advised to resign voluntarily

It has now emerged that attempts were being made behind the scenes to settle the affair without much loss of face for everyone involved. Apparently Horner was advised to resign voluntarily in order to avoid too much media attention and a public shitstorm against him.

But Horner should reject that. He has since set up his own lawyers to defend his position. So far he has only publicly commented on the allegations to the Dutch De Telegraaf . He only told the newspaper from the home of star pilot Max Verstappen: "I categorically deny these allegations."

Former Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone is now also said to be playing a role behind the scenes. As is well known, Horner is Ecclestone's best man and the personal relationship between the two remains good. Ecclestone, we hear from insider circles, is trying to have a calming effect on Horner. But he still refuses.

Verstappen family positions itself against Horner

By the way, the fact that the story first leaked in the Netherlands of all places is probably no coincidence. Behind the scenes in Formula 1 there are whispers that the personal relationship between Horner and Jos Verstappen is badly damaged. And Verstappen Jr. is considered a loyal person whose loyalty lies primarily with two men: his father and Helmut Marko.

At Red Bull, however, there is great concern that the brand could suffer significant damage to its image if it does not take the appropriate consequences in the event of proven misconduct by Horner. As of today, hardly anyone believes that Horner will ultimately survive the investigation completely unscathed. But what is important is that he is presumed innocent.

It is also unclear whether the FIA, the world automobile association, will also be interested in the topic. For the FIA, sporting and technical rule violations are primarily relevant for sanctions. If Horner is proven to have committed misconduct but is fired by Red Bull, an official investigation by the association is considered unlikely.

It is not known who could become Horner's successor if Red Bull were to be fired as a result of the affair. However, it would be obvious that the current sports director Jonathan Wheatley could take over the management of the team, at least on an interim basis.

from reddit comments:

I got down voted into oblivion for mentioning that it's interesting that Erik Van Haren broke the story, he's a long time Verstappen camp insider. Imagine Horner comes out of this unscathed though... awkward for Jos/Helmut and the rest of the coup.

Jos is absolutely dumb enough to think that RBR can do better than Horner and that Newey is over the hill. Max/Jos backing an 80 year old Marko over Horner is dumb dumb dumb.

new rumor isn't around a picture he sent, and if this is all they have...man. that's a stretch.

I know it’s The Sun, but their F1 correspondent wrote this “exclusive” last night:

Sources say the investigation is set to centre on a female employee’s concerns about Horner’s strict work regime and does not relate to any sexual impropriety.

An F1 source told The Sun: “Christian had concerns about her conduct and made it clear he was unhappy.

“She went on to make a complaint about his ‘controlling’ behaviour, which detonated this crisis for the team.”

One F1 source claimed a deliberate attempt was being made to destabilise Horner. Rumours of a power struggle have dogged Red Bull Racing since the death of his ally and billionaire co-founder Dietrich Mateschitz in 2022.

On 1/20/2024 at 8:46 PM, wood said:

Nice. Me & the 20 yo head out Friday for Daytona for the 24. First time to DIS for either of us. Maybe Brad Pitt will put us in his movie ... 

More than a bit annoyed that I couldn't make it myself this year. A friend of mine won his 2nd in GTD, but I was stuck on-call in the office.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, NoName said:

translation from reddit:

Reveal hidden contents

What really happened around the allegations against Christian Horner on Friday and what Jos Verstappen and Bernie Ecclestone have to do with it

On January 15th, Red Bull Racing will present its team for the 2024 Formula 1 season, but whether Christian Horner will still be team boss then is still up in the air. Two days after they became known on Monday, further details about the allegations against him gradually leaked out .

It is now certain that Horner will be questioned on Friday by an "independent investigative lawyer", as Red Bull GmbH announced on Monday. According to information from Motorsport-Total.com , interviews with other employees on the topic have already taken place.

It will be the first time that Horner himself has testified as part of the investigation. Red Bull is still not commenting on the specific nature of the allegations against the 50-year-old. Various rumors are circulating in the Formula 1 community, many of them unsavory. One thing is clear: the allegations were made by an employee of the Red Bull team who worked closely with Horner.

According to information from Motorsport-Total.com , the fact that Horner's future at Red Bull Racing will be decided on Friday is not set in stone. It is more likely that the investigating lawyer must first thoroughly process and evaluate the results of his investigations and interviews and then come to a conclusion.

However: time is of the essence. When Red Bull's presentation for the 2024 season takes place on January 15th, there should ideally be clarity as to whether Horner can remain team boss or not. Especially since Red Bull GmbH announced in its statement that it would like to complete the investigation “as quickly as possible”.

It has now emerged that attempts were being made behind the scenes to settle the affair without much loss of face for everyone involved. Apparently Horner was advised to resign voluntarily in order to avoid too much media attention and a public shitstorm against him.

But Horner should reject that. He has since set up his own lawyers to defend his position. So far he has only publicly commented on the allegations to the Dutch De Telegraaf . He only told the newspaper from the home of star pilot Max Verstappen: "I categorically deny these allegations."

Former Formula 1 boss Bernie Ecclestone is now also said to be playing a role behind the scenes. As is well known, Horner is Ecclestone's best man and the personal relationship between the two remains good. Ecclestone, we hear from insider circles, is trying to have a calming effect on Horner. But he still refuses.

By the way, the fact that the story first leaked in the Netherlands of all places is probably no coincidence. Behind the scenes in Formula 1 there are whispers that the personal relationship between Horner and Jos Verstappen is badly damaged. And Verstappen Jr. is considered a loyal person whose loyalty lies primarily with two men: his father and Helmut Marko.

At Red Bull, however, there is great concern that the brand could suffer significant damage to its image if it does not take the appropriate consequences in the event of proven misconduct by Horner. As of today, hardly anyone believes that Horner will ultimately survive the investigation completely unscathed. But what is important is that he is presumed innocent.

It is also unclear whether the FIA, the world automobile association, will also be interested in the topic. For the FIA, sporting and technical rule violations are primarily relevant for sanctions. If Horner is proven to have committed misconduct but is fired by Red Bull, an official investigation by the association is considered unlikely.

It is not known who could become Horner's successor if Red Bull were to be fired as a result of the affair. However, it would be obvious that the current sports director Jonathan Wheatley could take over the management of the team, at least on an interim basis.

from reddit comments:

Jos is absolutely dumb enough to think that RBR can do better than Horner and that Newey is over the hill. Max/Jos backing an 80 year old Marko over Horner is dumb dumb dumb.

new rumor isn't around a picture he sent, and if this is all they have...man. that's a stretch.

Oh noes! My boss keeps trying to tell me what to do when I'm at work! /millenial

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, NoName said:

translation from reddit:

Reveal hidden contents

from reddit comments:

So I just read the last page of the raging Austosport thread re: Horner. Seems most of them are all in on the 'Jos trying to oust Horner' conspiracy theory, treating it like fact ... as if any of us actually knows shit about fuck. LOL, internet.

4 hours ago, NoName said:

translation from reddit:

Reveal hidden contents

from reddit comments:

If this is really it, why not just fire her?  Send her off with a nice severance package.  

Friend just got his PSL bill from COTA. His 2024 bill has gone up another 36% compared to 2023. It went up 38% from 2022 to 2023.

T15. It was about $1200 in 2022. Now about $2300.  ETA: His 3-day parking fee went up 67%, from $225 last year to $375 this year. It was $100 in 2021.

Edited by wood
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Has some color. I actually like the blue. The ads get a bit busy on the nose.

Little OCD that the dollar sign on the left front wing fits on the lower slat. The dollar sign on the right front wing does not.

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Has some color. I actually like the blue. The ads get a bit busy on the nose.

Little OCD that the dollar sign on the left front wing fits on the lower slat. The dollar sign on the right front wing does not.

Yep.  Finally a car that isn't primarily black /no racist.