MNC game at NRG Stadium tickets

markstanco

3 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I was thinking in 2005 they allowed it then in 2009 they did not.

Was there a specific cutoff date stated?

Yep - 12/4. Full text of the email below.

The deadline to request Bowl Game tickets is fast approaching! Request tickets by Monday, December 4, at 5 p.m. CT to be eligible. Simply login to your account at TexasSports.com/FBPostseason to request tickets for all potential Bowl Games that the Longhorns may qualify for. You will only receive tickets for the Bowl Game that the Longhorns are selected to. Notification of fulfillment will be sent out next week.

If you have already requested Bowl Game tickets, thank you! Please read more below about how you can boost your spot in line!

Requesting tickets does not guarantee fulfillment, but the best way to move up your spot in line is by making a gift to Longhorn Excellence! By making a gift to Longhorn Excellence you can:

Increase your chances of receiving tickets

Improve your seating location this postseason

Increase the number of priority tickets you can receive*

Positively impact 550+ Texas student-athletes

Earn loyalty points

Longhorn Excellence gifts are 100% tax-deductible and earn you 5 loyalty points per $100. Postseason tickets are allocated in loyalty point rank order meaning the higher your rank, the better your seats in our designated allotment. Your current loyalty point total as of today 486. Please click here to see where your loyalty point total puts you in terms of all football season ticket holders.

Make a Longhorn Excellence Gift Today!

These Annual Fund gifts are above and beyond seat related gifts. They are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Use our loyalty point calculator to see how your donation could impact your loyalty point rank by clicking here.

REMINDER: The loyalty point lock date for Bowl Games is Monday, Dec. 4, at 5 p.m. CT. Make your gift before this deadline to boost your spot in line!

*Please Note: If you make a gift and upgrade membership levels to increase your Bowl Game priority ticket limits, you must call the ticket office at 512-471-3333 by Monday, Dec. 4, at 5 p.m. CT to request your additional priority tickets prior to the respective deadline.

Hook ’em!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Absolutely nothing about that chart makes any sense.

My account shows 2500 (rounded) out of 40,641. I assume that’s all Foundation members.

Simple math shows that’s around 6%. So WTF is up with those numbers on the chart?

This is what I’m wondering. I’m like 2187 so wouldn’t I be in the top 10% using conventional North American math?

On 12/4/2023 at 9:28 PM, BeardIP said:

Geez, haven't bought tickets on the usual suspects in a while and didn't realize how much their fees are:

YOUR ORDER SUMMARY
Ticket Price
2 × US$ 1,958
Fulfillment and Service Fee
2 × US$ 786
Tax
2 × US$ 226
Total Price
US$ 5,941

I'm looking at a 10 day trip to Italy next year for about $8,500. If the Horns make the championship game I'm going to try and sell my wife on saving $2500 and go to the game instead.

12 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

I'm looking at a 10 day trip to Italy next year for about $8,500. If the Horns make the championship game I'm going to try and sell my wife on saving $2500 and go to the game instead.

It’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Besides, there are plenty of other wives out there. And Italy ain’t going anywhere. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

57 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

You realize that if we make it to tickets will not be the same price as they are now, right?

Just got this:

Thank you for your loyalty and support of Texas Athletics. Your passion is unmatched and has directly helped elevate our football program to its first College Football Playoff Semifinal appearance. The future has never looked brighter for our Longhorns, and you have been with us along the way all season long.  

We received your request for tickets to the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl on January 1, in New Orleans. The demand for tickets from our donors and season ticket holders was the most in Longhorn Foundation history, and that doesn’t even include the demand from our nearly 20,000 UT students with the Big Ticket.

Congratulations!!! We are excited to inform you that we will be able to fulfill your request based on your ticket request and priority limits. We will notify you of your seat location and price by December 15 when we charge your card on file.

You will receive your mobile tickets to the Allstate Sugar Bowl via e-mail the week of December 18.

If we are fortunate enough to advance to the College Football Playoff National Championship Game, we are excited that we will be able to fulfill even more Longhorn Foundation members’ requests as we would receive approximately 20,000 tickets for that game, compared to only 13,000 for this CFP Semifinal game. If you requested tickets through Texas Athletics, we still have it on file and will notify you by December 22 whether we are able to fulfill your request should the Longhorns advance to that game. 

4 minutes ago, dittohead said:

Just got this:

Thank you for your loyalty and support of Texas Athletics. Your passion is unmatched and has directly helped elevate our football program to its first College Football Playoff Semifinal appearance. The future has never looked brighter for our Longhorns, and you have been with us along the way all season long.  

We received your request for tickets to the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl on January 1, in New Orleans. The demand for tickets from our donors and season ticket holders was the most in Longhorn Foundation history, and that doesn’t even include the demand from our nearly 20,000 UT students with the Big Ticket.

Congratulations!!! We are excited to inform you that we will be able to fulfill your request based on your ticket request and priority limits. We will notify you of your seat location and price by December 15 when we charge your card on file.

You will receive your mobile tickets to the Allstate Sugar Bowl via e-mail the week of December 18.

If we are fortunate enough to advance to the College Football Playoff National Championship Game, we are excited that we will be able to fulfill even more Longhorn Foundation members’ requests as we would receive approximately 20,000 tickets for that game, compared to only 13,000 for this CFP Semifinal game. If you requested tickets through Texas Athletics, we still have it on file and will notify you by December 22 whether we are able to fulfill your request should the Longhorns advance to that game. 

Whats your approximate loyalty point rank?

On 12/6/2023 at 12:43 PM, thunderlounge said:

Where's @EddieMoney been? Didn't he start-up a ticket brokerage or something?

I haven't talked to him in a few years, but I'm pretty sure he's out of that game and moved onto other bigger, better ventures.  Though I'd bet my first born he'll be there January 8 if the Horns make it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MirrOlure said:

Rejected at 2500 rank

13,000 tickets to UT for the Sugar Bowl.

When did they move it to Cougar High Stadium?

2500???  Wow, I wasn't even close.  For the  2006 NC game I missed the cutoff by $2, although I did end up getting tickets at a decent price from a person that had to cancel last minute.

Just got this:

Thank you for your loyalty and support of Texas Athletics. Your passion is unmatched and has directly helped elevate our football program to its first College Football Playoff Semifinal appearance. The future has never looked brighter for our Longhorns, and you have been with us along the way all season long.     We received your request for tickets to the College Football Playoff Semifinal at the Allstate Sugar Bowl on January 1, in New Orleans. The demand for tickets from our donors and season ticket holders was the most in Longhorn Foundation history, and that doesn’t even include the demand from our nearly 20,000 UT students with the Big Ticket.   Congratulations!!! We are excited to inform you that we will be able to fulfill your request based on your ticket request and priority limits. We will notify you of your seat location and price by December 15 when we charge your card on file.   You will receive your mobile tickets to the Allstate Sugar Bowl via e-mail the week of December 18.   If we are fortunate enough to advance to the College Football Playoff National Championship Game, we are excited that we will be able to fulfill even more Longhorn Foundation members’ requests as we would receive approximately 20,000 tickets for that game, compared to only 13,000 for this CFP Semifinal game. If you requested tickets through Texas Athletics, we still have it on file and will notify you by December 22 whether we are able to fulfill your request should the Longhorns advance to that game. 

So Dec 18 before any unused hit the market. Anybody know when Washington gets theirs?

11 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I got em. I like how the manage to tell us we got tickets but the location is a mystery for another week. 

Annoying that the price is a mystery too. For the Big 12 they never sent any confirmation or receipt which listed the price. Was just a guess until it showed up on my credit card.

We got our six for Sugar Bowl.

39 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

I finally read to the end of the email…

Expecting around 20,000 ticket allocation for the Championship Game. That’s a huge difference over 13,000. What’s up with that?

Wasn’t there similar shit around the 2005 Rose Bowl because since Pasadena residents get allotted some number of seats; it didn’t happen in 2009 because that wasn’t the actual Rose Bowl, it was played a week later. Maybe there’s the same bullshit because it’s still technically the Sugar Bowl game. Stripping that shit away should be a condition of being in the CPF rotation…