The 2018 World Cup Final :: Modrić is 15% bird

Hagbard Celine

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

i still think the actual world cup trophy is trash. hate everything about the way it looks. it has no majesty. like the stanley cup or the lombardi. 

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Yeah, it does kinda looks like some kid’s shitty paper mache art project.

In a sport where you have the Champions League trophy

trophy.jpg

A bunch of great league trophies like the EPL

1024x768redarmyfc_com_Tue103259img_10_23

The World Cup is kind of small. The design isn't bad - I think it needs to be bigger.

25 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

In a sport where you have the Champions League trophy

trophy.jpg

A bunch of great league trophies like the EPL

1024x768redarmyfc_com_Tue103259img_10_23

The World Cup is kind of small. The design isn't bad - I think it needs to be bigger.

The World Cup kinda looks like it might have been a cup at one time, but got too hot and melted. Looks now more like something you’d smack someone up-side the head with. Maybe if they peel off the outside there’s chocolate inside. 

Edited by Bevojoe

16 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Happy that Modric won Golden Ball.    Dude was nails all tourney and left absolutely everything on the pitch.   Croatia have nothing to be ashamed about.   Think I’ll take a vacation there soon just to enjoy some great folk.   

True. My buddy’s in laws just came from there and saw last two knockout rounds there. Said great country, I will have to visit 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
2 hours ago, achooloco said:
Masterful? What’s the shot ratio at 75min? They played well enough to win cause they kick ass but I ain’t seen any fucking heart or bad assness by France outside 2 nice shots. 2 shots, that’s it. Enough to win sure. But still not enough for me to not think Fuck france

You are an idiot.

You sound cunty. Get a good fuck and leave me alone bra-seph

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Just thought about how incredible that France won without getting anything from Giroud. Benzema was supposedly left out bc of tactical reasons but surely he couldnt be worse

Giroud didn't do much on the stat sheet but he still seems to occupy a lot of space and attention that allows all the jackrabbits they have to do their thing.  It's almost like the nosetackle who occupies space so the linebackers can flow to the ball carrier.  That's not what I imagine Giroud signed up for, and probably not what France was expecting to get but it somehow worked.  

• Like 1

Not sure anyone buys that is why Benzema was left out. I understand that Giroud didn't do as much as he could on the offensive side, but he was absolutely a plus defensively and his willingness to chase the ball around the forward area when the other team's defenders had it meant a lot. Plus, in all respects, he was a great teammate. Never looked like not scoring brought his attitude down. Hard to quantify those things at times from a striker

Edited by naija
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chapo said:

Just thought about how incredible that France won without getting anything from Giroud. Benzema was supposedly left out bc of tactical reasons but surely he couldnt be worse

giroud isn't going to thrive as a goal scorer in the counter attacking style that france employed- he's much more suited for arsenal's possession based game. but he still did a job for france, and they played much better with him in the lineup than without. he tracks back and defends well which benzema doesn't do, and his hold up play leads to chances for Griezmann, Mbappe, et al. He had a really good tournament aside form not scoring, but again, he wasn't ever really put in a position to score other than set pieces, because that's how france were set up. seems to have worked out just fine.

Edited by Goo Punch