2024 Texas High School Football

1 hour ago, Hookem10 said:

Can’t  wait to see that score - dammmit - when is liberty hill gonna get that second high school to spread out the talent 

They just hired Tim Knicky, Georgetown DC to be Legacy Ranch HS first HC. The school opens with freshmen only in fall of 24

On 2/2/2024 at 10:18 PM, Helobious said:

San Benito put together the wildest schedule I have ever seen. Westlake, Carthage, and UANL Tigres from Mexico.

That’s fuckin insane, feel bad for my buddies that are coaches on that team.

19 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

All of you geniuses griping about teams making the playoffs with losing records - You do realize that non-district games don't count, right?

Well in a 5 or 6 team district it ain’t hard to be 4th with say a 1-3 or 2-3 district record. 

50 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

I hadn’t heard that about SOC. 8 district games though so only two non district.

8 team district, 7 games brah. 

Dallas Adamson

Dallas Hillcrest

Dallas Jefferson

Dallas Samuell

Dallas Seagoville

Dallas South Oak Cliff

Dallas Spruce

Dallas Wilson

22 hours ago, Helobious said:

Calallen’s glory days are behind them, me thinks. Miller & Vets Memorial run the show down there now.

Nope.  We have some good ones coming up.  Whomever gets the job is going to be blessed with the talent the next five years.    Especially next years Sophomore class which has been compared to the class that nearly knocked off Aledo in 2016. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 8:35 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Thought they were going to play SOC week 3?

They'll be Denton Guyer and I think Lancaster wins.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:48 PM, Fudbelty said:

I hadn’t heard that about SOC. 8 district games though so only two non district.

Aledo and SOC were scheduled to play, but the game got cut because Aledo got put into a 9 team district.

SOC replaced Aledo with Longview.

On 2/14/2024 at 7:34 PM, Nueces River Rat said:

Nope.  We have some good ones coming up.  Whomever gets the job is going to be blessed with the talent the next five years.    Especially next years Sophomore class which has been compared to the class that nearly knocked off Aledo in 2016. 

And Calallen is down in 4a.  They’re gonna be fine. 

I was truly saddened to read about Danaher’s Alzheimer’s. A true TXHSFB legend and I always wanted him to get a ring.  Also, a product of Harlingen High. I remember he applied for the HHS job when Bob Boyd retired, I figured he was just angling for Calallen to up the stakes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I was truly saddened to read about Danaher’s Alzheimer’s. A true TXHSFB legend and I always wanted him to get a ring.  Also, a product of Harlingen High. I remember he applied for the HHS job when Bob Boyd retired, I figured he was just angling for Calallen to up the stakes. 

he applied for the Victoria hs job once too 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Alzheimer's sucks!  Let's hope we can find a cure for this soon.    

Came close in 2016 to getting that ring.  Had Aledo beat in every facet of the game except the scoreboard.   I don't think they've really been smacked around in the state game since then?

He also applied for the PNG job and almost got it back in the early 2000's until Calallen offered him more.  

Public Meeting tomorrow to take comment and appoint a search committee.    I've heard some well established names have inquired along with some up and coming assistants at numerous state powers.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fudbelty said:

Basketball districts aren’t the same.

I thought they were for the higher classes as none of the non-football playing charters are that big. But they sure do have different alignments all the way up to 6A. Learned invaluable information today

On 2/16/2024 at 9:08 PM, Helobious said:

Why did they start football to begin with, isn’t it pretty much a school for kids that dont care about sports?

Would have thought Eastside EC would do it before LASA. Eastside is a waste of everyone's Friday night at this point. Feel sorry for the few kids who care for them.

14 hours ago, Helobious said:

Lufkin to Galveston for a Tuesday night basketball game is definitely a choice

still easier than Lufkin to Burleson/ Cleburne

17 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Lufkin won its appeal and will be in District 9 5A D1, with some Beaumont schools, Barbers Hill, Galveston Ball, etc. 

I didn't think it would happen, because it made entirely too much sense.  Good for LP.

3 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

Neither was ever happening.

No doubt.  The basketball district looks like what you would expect an East Texas District with Lufkin to look like.

Was really thinking about about Junior High and JV/ Frosh trips for football during Mon/Tue/ Thursdays.

Ya those Thursdays are going to suck buttholes! I wonder if they can try to schedule closer schools at the sub-varsity level. I know at one point when we were with FWISD schools we’d play other schools than what our Varsity squad did because they didn’t have Freshman or JV teams.