2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

Damn!!!! Tiger just WD’d due to some “injury!” Riding in a cart to the clubhouse as I type! I took off this afternoon to watch he and Spieth’s groups finish Friday. Sum bitch!

Might as well do shit around the house that the better-half has been bugging me to do.

Hook’em!!!

2 hours ago, MrX said:

They’re reporting it as an “illness”. So he has back and ankle AIDS. 

It is all so predictable now.  Vegas should have prop bets on the round and hole Woods WD's or maybe have an over under on number of holes played.

Edited by dcar00

2 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Some of the rules in this game are just stupid. 

Like don’t turn in a score card that’s not correct?  At this level how can that be a honest mistake?  If he didn’t pay attention to it, the person who filled it out is fired for sure. 

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Like don’t turn in a score card that’s not correct?  At this level how can that be a honest mistake?  If he didn’t pay attention to it, the person who filled it out is fired for sure. 

your playing partner keeps your score on your official card.  you keep a score on a card and then match them up in the tent/building.  the playing partner gave him a 3 when it was a 4.  he should have caught it and discussed with the playing partner.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You're right we should let guys cheat by turning in incorrect scorecards. What could go wrong?

No but frankly at this level the notion of scorecards is way outdated.  They got officials, cameras, blah fucking blah all over the place.  Just keep the scores of the fucking participants.  

I do agree if they are going to do it this way the player is accountable, just doesn't seem like a necessity to do it this way any longer.  

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

They got officials, cameras, blah fucking blah all over the place. 

Right and that's why you get DQed when you make a mistake. 

Honesty, sportsmanship and keeping you and your partner's score is an integral part of the game and taught from a very young age. As is knowing the rules. It's part of what makes golf unique.

Yes it's silly compared to other games but the entire sport is silly. 

34 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

your playing partner keeps your score on your official card.  you keep a score on a card and then match them up in the tent/building.  the playing partner gave him a 3 when it was a 4.  he should have caught it and discussed with the playing partner.

Which always brings the question about who had his card; was it Patrick Slowplay, or Hoge - in the end Jordan is responsible to sign a correct card. I am thinking this had to do with his double on 18 and being pissed about it. He isn't listed in the field next week in Mexico, so he had time to work on his game, and his counting. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

You're right we should let guys cheat by turning in incorrect scorecards. What could go wrong?

Don't be a dolt. The signing of scorecards is a pointless exercise on tour. No one is trying to cheat by turning in an incorrect card - they'd never get away with it. I get why it's needed elsewhere.

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Zander from the greenside bunker... drops in eagle on #11.  Now he's -14 

Leaderboard is really shaping up with 5 players tied for lead at -14

Some really shitty golf down the stretch except for Matsuyama.

He shoots a 62 and is -17 -- he probably will win by at least 2 strokes.  He started 6 strokes back today...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1