2024 PGA Tour

Wally Fairway

15 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Huuuuuge ….

Maybe no one gives a shit, but I wish someone would do some investigative reporting regarding LIV and Twitter golf accounts. I have no doubt in my mind that Flushing It is getting paid by someone to peddle LIV bullshit. Certain accounts on social media have a clear LIV bias, which goes completely against how the majority of golf readers feel. I'd bet LIV also creates bot accounts that reply in threads as well. 

Funny how all the LIV players are begging for a merger now. This sad excuse for a golf league failed miserably. No one is watching. No one cares. I haven't seen DJ swing a golf club in over a year. The team format is one of the biggest whiffs I've ever seen and they still try to gaslight fans into thinking it's cool/fun/interesting. 

• Hook 'Em 8

27 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

This is just what liv does. They are desperate for attention. As soon as it gets quiet, make up some grandiose rumor about high profile tour players jumping to their tour. It's such a joke.

I'm too lazy to research but I think most of the rumors of defection have come true. I don't doubt that the ones which didn't come true were players actually considering the jump but reneged for whatever reasons. After Rahm left, Rory definitely changed his tune on LIV, taking a much softer stance. I think he wants the perverse sum of money from LIV thinking/hoping there will be a merger in the future and all will be forgiven. 

If someone were dangling $850M in front of me for simply entertaining people by "competing" in golf, I'd sure the fuck sign. But I would know that I sold out and would be ostracized and be labeled a dick by most of my peers and fans. 

17 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

I doubt he can win on that tour either but at least he will be rich.

Are you under the impression he doesn't win golf tournaments?

He would still play the majors either way.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

I'm too lazy to research but I think most of the rumors of defection have come true. I don't doubt that the ones which didn't come true were players actually considering the jump but reneged for whatever reasons. After Rahm left, Rory definitely changed his tune on LIV, taking a much softer stance. I think he wants the perverse sum of money from LIV thinking/hoping there will be a merger in the future and all will be forgiven. 

If someone were dangling $850M in front of me for simply entertaining people by "competing" in golf, I'd sure the fuck sign. But I would know that I sold out and would be ostracized and be labeled a dick by most of my peers and fans. 

Nah. They've rumored all the top players. Morikawa, Spieth, Scheffler, Schauffele, et al. The only big name that was a surprising jump, and it was based on his previous comments, was Rahm. Everyone else that jumped wasn't really a surprise.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Ok how about this. You've worked your ass off to compete and get where you are today, and probably already have $200-$300 million, and will continue to make fuckloads of money for the next 20 years. And knowing that you can sleep well at night because you didn't take money to join a scam organization. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Ok how about this. You've worked your ass off to compete and get where you are today, and probably already have $200-$300 million, and will continue to make fuckloads of money for the next 20 years. And knowing that you can sleep well at night because you didn't take money to join a scam organization. 

Also, not completely fucking over the organization that gave you a platform and allowed you to do what you love for a living in the first place.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

This.

14 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Also, not completely fucking over the organization that gave you a platform and allowed you to do what you love for a living in the first place.

And this.

2 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Maybe no one gives a shit, but I wish someone would do some investigative reporting regarding LIV and Twitter golf accounts. I have no doubt in my mind that Flushing It is getting paid by someone to peddle LIV bullshit. Certain accounts on social media have a clear LIV bias, which goes completely against how the majority of golf readers feel. I'd bet LIV also creates bot accounts that reply in threads as well. 

Funny how all the LIV players are begging for a merger now. This sad excuse for a golf league failed miserably. No one is watching. No one cares. I haven't seen DJ swing a golf club in over a year. The team format is one of the biggest whiffs I've ever seen and they still try to gaslight fans into thinking it's cool/fun/interesting. 

The team aspect is hilariously bad. They sold the players on the idea that the teams would function the way that F1 does and were convinced that as player-owners the team brands would take off and become extremely valuable. 

And I’m not sure which is the more hilarious con that they believed, that the teams would become valuable sports team brands, or that they’d get owgr points to qualify for majors. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

To be somewhat fair to Rory, Jay trotted him and Rahm out there as the mouthpieces for staying in the PGA, while secretly working on a merger without telling anyone. 

Of all the guys that made the jump, he was the only significant surprise. 

Jay’s mismanagement of the tour and the LIV fight as a whole put himself and the tour in an impossible situation. But I can somewhat understand Rory and Rahm’s ire with the situation he put them in. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, heso said:

To be somewhat fair to Rory, Jay trotted him and Rahm out there as the mouthpieces for staying in the PGA, while secretly working on a merger without telling anyone. 

Jay’s mismanagement of the tour and the LIV fight as a whole put himself and the tour in an impossible situation. But I can somewhat understand Rory and Rahm’s ire with the situation he put them in. 

Again....what is Jay Monahan supposed to do? He doesn't have a faucet of endless money. His hand was forced. I don't see anyone else stepping up with better ideas.

I wonder what the citizens of Saudi Arabia think of their funds being used to pay a bunch of golfing dorks billions of dollars for nobody to watch? I wonder if they are allowed to voice their opinion about all of this?

Edited by Pam Cummings

18 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

Two faced ass hat.

16 hours ago, dieucla98 said:

"It's not about the money, I have plenty of money." - Rory (paraphrasing)

Wrong take. See below. 

20 minutes ago, heso said:

Exactly. No one should be badmouthing Rory. Besides the fact that the rumor is false, the PGA totally screwed him over by arranging a merger behind his back. He was charging on the front lines and the royalty in the back room was working on their own deals. I would not have blamed Rory, but the fact he’s still loyal is awesome. Love him  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Wrong take. See below. 

Exactly. No one should be badmouthing Rory. Besides the fact that the rumor is false, the PGA totally screwed him over by arranging a merger behind his back. He was charging on the front lines and the royalty in the back room was working on their own deals. I would not have blamed Rory, but the fact he’s still loyal is awesome. Love him  

My take was based on him leaving, which thankfully for the game of golf he is not. He's still two faced (see Ryder Cup) but at least he's not two faced about it not being about the money. Not yet, anyways. Had he left, then in no way would it be a "wrong take". 

Just now, dieucla98 said:

My take was based on him leaving, which thankfully for the game of golf he is not. He's still two faced (see Ryder Cup) but at least he's not two faced about it not being about the money. Not yet, anyways. Had he left, then in no way would it be a "wrong take". 

You’re an idiot. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

You want to debate the topic, then debate the topic. Don't be a 12 year old.

It was clearly explained to you on a post just above and you apparently have the intelligence of a 12 year old and can’t understand the basic concept, so the response was aimed perfectly at your level of intellect. 

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It was clearly explained to you on a post just above and you apparently have the intelligence of a 12 year old and can’t understand the basic concept, so the response was aimed perfectly at your level of intellect. 

Are you ok?

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I think he wants the perverse sum of money from LIV thinking/hoping there will be a merger in the future and all will be forgiven. 

When Rahm jumped, this was what I was thinking as to “why.”

“Steal” the saudi money, end up back on tour. I’m not sure if Rahm thought he would ever tee it up there, honestly. Bit that was when the merger had broke and it looked to be imminent.

2 hours ago, heso said:

The tour was always in an impossible situation. Doesn't matter if Jay or anyone else was at the helm. There is simply nothing you can do to compete with the type of money LIV is paying. 

That said, fuck LIV fuck the saudis. They've completely ruined professional golf. 

Also if I was Rory I'd say fuck it and take the money. 

Next star (or flash in the pan) on tour is debuting this week on the Korn Ferry - 15 year old Miles Russell

No 1 ranked junior, high school freshman. He missed the Monday qualifier, losing in a playoff for the final spot (so the sponsor gave him one of their exemptions)
Jordan played in the Nelson at age 16, Scottie was 17 when he played (and finished T22) in the Nelson.

Can the kid really play - early results say yes - he is currently -4 after 6 holes (really hoping I don't jinx this kid)

https://www.pgatour.com/korn-ferry-tour/article/news/latest/2024/04/17/miles-russell-15-years-old-makes-debut-lecom-suncoast-classic-lakewood-national-golf-club-junior-players-champion?webview=1

Disclosure - I was looking a the KF leaderboard because a local guy is now playing there after 10+ years on the big tour, but the headline on the KF Tour page caught my attention.

Oh yeah and the local guy isn't playing this week (or many weeks at all; 3 events this year, 3 missed cuts)

16 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

My god. 

I don't care that he went to Tech. His parents could have gone to A&M and OU as well. I fucking love Ludvig. 

Great kid. Keeps things very simple with swing and shot making process. I'm buying all the stock in him. 

Too late.

I've acquired a hefty stake and not selling 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If I was Rory I would take what they were offering and tell the PGA to suck it. He held the line and promoted the PGA awhile those fucks were negotiating behind his back. Probably fucked his game while being an ambassador. Get that money playa

30 minutes ago, Dilligas said:

If I was Rory I would take what they were offering and tell the PGA to suck it. He held the line and promoted the PGA awhile those fucks were negotiating behind his back. Probably fucked his game while being an ambassador. Get that money playa

he’d lose that masters degree invite, sooner than later