Strzok Testimony

babysdaddy

10 minutes ago, Pods said:

You're wrong man. Take every Gary Johnson vote in Texas and give it to Hillary, it changes nothing. Take every Gary Johnson vote in California and give it to Trump, it changes nothing. Hillary already won the popular vote by 3 million votes. If you add those 50 votes from the rest of us that voted Gary Johnson in a deeply entrenched state, you change nothing. Gary Johnson votes in swing states are the only ones that impacted the election at all. 

While this is true, those Gary Johnson/Jill Stein voters in other states kept being fed the same "BoTh SiDeS aRe ThE sAmE, vOtE tHiRd PaRtY"  on Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. A collective "oh my god, no one should seriously consider voting for Donald J. Trump, time to take the short term Hillary as president for 4 years pain and center her with a Republican Congress for her entire term."

In fact, the real disservice is that the third-party voters/enablers weren't running a "Split your ticket!" campaign. Hillary and a Republican Congress.  You know what we'd have? Not withdrawn from TPP, Paris Climate Accords, tax scam, etc.  You'd probably get 4 years of a 4-4 court as well, because those Republicans weren't going to give her a SCOTUS nominee.

Still LIGHT YEARS better than what is going on now.

Edited by Js1
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pods said:

You're wrong man. Take every Gary Johnson vote in Texas and give it to Hillary, it changes nothing. Take every Gary Johnson vote in California and give it to Trump, it changes nothing. Hillary already won the popular vote by 3 million votes. If you add those 50 votes from the rest of us that voted Gary Johnson in a deeply entrenched state, you change nothing. Gary Johnson votes in swing states are the only ones that impacted the election at all. 

I’m not trying to pick on the Gary Johnson voters.  I’m saying they’re just as responsible for Trump as those that decided not to vote at all.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Given the context of all of these texts, the Republican argument that he was biased is extremely weak.

You serious Clark? Switch out the name "Trump" with "Obama" and try and keep a straight face when you say it again, please sir. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Thank God the 1990s were such an innocent time.  We all know people like Ken Star and Gingrich had no political opinions or biases when going after Clinton.  

Time to wrap the Peter Stzork Witch Hunt up.  Its gone on long enough and is costing tax payers too much.  Amirite,  Repubs?

#whataboutism  ......... am I doing this right?? 

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

By the time Mueller presents an overwhelming amount of undeniable evidence of Trump's numerous treasonous, immoral, and illegal acts, the Republicans will have spent a full year convincing almost half this country that the CIA, the FBI, and innumerable branches of law enforcement are puppets of "angry Democrats," or "the deep state," or "the left," or whatever. 

Fuck these traitors.

Meh... We don't know that. He's an idiot or a mastermind. I'm leaning more toward the idiot so that makes willfully colluding (not illegal) with Russia almost impossible. Digging up sh!t on someone who you know is digging up sh!t on you is fair game. That's the problem with our political system-- it's a race to the bottom, instead of to the top. And it started loooooooooong ago. 

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Clob94 said:

Meh... We don't know that. He's an idiot or a mastermind. I'm leaning more toward the idiot so that makes willfully colluding (not illegal) with Russia almost impossible. Digging up sh!t on someone who you know is digging up sh!t on you is fair game. That's the problem with our political system-- it's a race to the bottom, instead of to the top. And it started loooooooooong ago. 

Collusion is the least of his worries.

Just now, Dropout said:

Wow Rs undermining the FBI on live television. Putin has to be TOing right now popcorn everywhere.

100% this.

In his wildest dreams, Putin couldn't imagine that, two years after he directed attacks against American electionsan American president would be undermining generations-old alliances of Western democracies, while a majority of members of the US House of Representatives would be destroying the credibility of the intelligence agencies tasked with investigating Russian interference.

16 minutes ago, Pods said:

In fairness, that was a reasonable, if optimistic approach. Flake voting for Benczkowski showed that he is beyond redemption. 

Don't want to derail the thread all the way down the Flake rabbit hole, but I think most of us knew he was living up to his name by the time he voted to confirm Haspel, and voted against Net Neutrality.

According to FiveThirtyEight, he's predicted to vote with Trump 58% of the time, but his actual voting record is in line with Trump 83% of the time.

Since he's not running for reelection you'd expect that to be divergent in the opposite direction.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's an educated guess based on the Paul Manafort indictment, the Michael Cohen investigation, and the president's refusal to release his tax returns.

Manafort is a POS and has been for decades. Anyone that's done any significant amount if business in Africa knows the stories about Manafort's involvement in the some if the civil wars going on over there. Between he and Kay Bailey, they armed a large swath of sub Saharan Africa. Look at the Angolan civil war. But hiring or being associated with a POS doesn't mean you've broken the law. When Manafort goes down, it's 99% likely it will be for some sh!t he did a decade ago---- and deservedly so. 

6 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Don't want to derail the thread all the way down the Flake rabbit hole

My early defense of Flake was misplaced hopeful optimism that the conservatives would stand up to Trumpism.  I defended Flake because I was hoping his efforts would snowball into a bigger repudiation of Trumpism.  If that happened, we would avoid much of the catastrophic consequences down the road.  Sadly, we won’t.

However, because the Republicans have gone full Kremlin in defending the Manwhorian candidate, a vicious democratic backlash against them is the only hope to squash Trumpism out of our mainstream political culture.

Flake sucks and has been a tremendous disappointment.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Clob94 said:

This is such a load of horseshit that I am going to need a bigger shovel.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

gowdy is having one of those days like when you unexpectedly come back into town to surprise your wife and you even took the extra step of buying her a michael kors bag as a present, even though you bought it in an airport, she wont know that and you pull up to your house and it looks like the neighbors might be having a party, and you quietly sneak into the house because you want to surprise her and you open the bedroom door and find your wife in bed with five strange men.

Well, that is quite a party. For her. And that basketball team. 

I love how Marino reads portions of the Hatch Act expressly allowing "expression of political opinion" and then scolds Strzok for trying to distinguish bias from opinion, saying that the difference is far more inconsequential than Strzok would have us believe.

Basically, he capitulated.  "SURE, the Hatch Act allows expression of political opinion, but you're trying to say your opinion is a long way from bias, and you're wrong, and therefore your expression of opinion is disallowed." 

Nice logic there, ace.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satchel said:

She catches a lot of abuse that should be shared with others in the Texas delegation. When one looks at Congress as a whole, Shelia is far from the worst America has to offer. Consider Oklahoma Congressman, Markwayne Mullin as he explains the structure of the US government:

“This country isn’t ran by just one individual it’s ran by four branches, but three branches that are in control of this,” Mullin said Tuesday. “As long as those three branches control it, then we all have to figure out how to negotiate"

4 branches.  57 states.  Who knows anymore?

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Louie Gohmert should be recused from these proceedings.  I'm dead fucking serious.  That was the most inexcusable, unacceptable abuse of his chair I could possibly imagine.

So you're saying he's going to get promoted?

man, as someone not on twitter unless i click a link from this forum, the whole list of replies and comments that follow anything having anything to do with politics has to be some sort of performance art perpetrated by some sadistic fucks.