The Great Value Red River Shootout: Aggy vs. Okie Lite

markstanco

“Believe me when I tell you I’ve never seen a more talented QB room.  All of these dudes are DUDES and would be walk in starters at any other program in the country.  It is only because they are such good aggs that all 3 stick around the glorious Collie station.  In fact, Wiggety-wegs could probably start for the Chicago Bears score our beloved Dan Campbell’s Detroit Lions right now.  Trust me when I tell you folks, The Elk’s got this.  Click clack” </looch>

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I don't think it was about "giving up" as much as Oklahoma State simply isn't good. 

That's been obvious for weeks. It's why I wasn't even remotely worried about the Big 12 championship game. This was a team that barely escaped against UH/BYU and were spanked by UCF. 

Oklahoma State has been shitty for weeks now. We were just lucky to avoid OU or K-State in the Big 12 championship game. 

If Oklahoma and Kansas State were both so much better than Oklahoma State, why did they both lose to them? 

• Haha 5

14 minutes ago, satyanash said:

7-6, suck it aTm

They did say they weren’t Texas 8-4

13 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3434620

This is embarrassing - for the Big 12

because what is not embarrassing for aggy is they paid a coach $70 million to leave......they paid for the top 'crutin class evAR a couple of years back......and now 31 of those soft fucks could not give a flying fuck about playing for aggy or in the SEC SEC SEC or about their team and walked away from the program to go elsewhere

no embarrassment at all for what lead to this situation...

get out of my head

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

OU lost without their best WR and best defensive player. 

They would beat Oklahoma State by 10+ points on a neutral field if they were healthy. 

Sure but that is how football works. You are rarely 100%.

Sure maybe Gundy loses the hypothetical bowl where everyone is 100% and there is no homefield advantage but that isn't the actual game that was played.

Anyway it doesn't matter. We will not be playing Gundy again any time soon.

7 minutes ago, F250 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.0bfab0dcdba59306e6123d6efa724375.jpeg

Narrator: It looked the same in 2024.

Also Narrator: speaking of next year and same, The University of Texas played the aggs and went in with no lube, winning handedly and beginning the biennial tradition of Texas winning on Kyle Field. 

Edited by Droopy
OU sucks, fuck aggy, beat Washington 🤘🏼
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well so concludes the Bilbo era of aggy football.

They got 6 years of SS Rum Runner and 6ish years of Bilbo.

From WRTS Swaghawls to don't care got Jumbo swag they went 0-12 in terms of winning the SEC and got gifted that Orange Bowl win by ole Butterteeth.

I look forward to the 6 years of Tickle Me Elko until the next maroon savior comes along.

Good night assholes

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Sure but that is how football works. You are rarely 100%.

Sure maybe Gundy loses the hypothetical bowl where everyone is 100% and there is no homefield advantage but that isn't the actual game that was played.

Anyway it doesn't matter. We will not be playing Gundy again any time soon.

Fair enough, I just don't think Oklahoma State is anywhere near the 2nd best team in the Big 12. 

The ESPN efficiency ranking system has Oklahoma State as the 10th best team in the Big 12. FEI has them ranked similarly. They're a very average team that led in almost every "luck" metric in the country. They're a 7-7 type team that somehow found a way to win 10 games this year. 

I'm not complaining because we deserved a little luck in the Big 12 championship game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Fair enough, I just don't think Oklahoma State is anywhere near the 2nd best team in the Big 12. 

The ESPN efficiency ranking system has Oklahoma State as the 10th best team in the Big 12. FEI has them ranked similarly. They're a very average team that led in almost every "luck" metric in the country. They're a 7-7 type team that somehow found a way to win 10 games this year. 

I'm not complaining because we deserved a little luck in the Big 12 championship game. 

And yet we finished 2nd and won 10 games. Scoring more than the opponent is so overrated.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

Just now, &#x27;stache said:

your new fat fuck coach. 

JFC when they showed him in the booth he looked like a parade float.  That fat fuck is HUGE.  No wonder aggy isn't worried about paying him a buyout, he'll probably have a coronary first.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

And yet we finished 2nd and won 10 games. Scoring more than the opponent is so overrated.

Oklahoma State definitely deserved to be in the championship game. Results matter. 

But Oklahoma State is a very flawed team that "Gundied" their way to 10 wins. I honestly think the only coach that might be able to get this team to 10 wins is Gundy. I don't know if that's a compliment or criticism of Gundy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The way they played tonight they would have lost to Oklahoma, KSU, KU, and probably West Virginia. At least those are the ones I remember. Alan Bowman will be sacking groceries shortly, or maybe can weasel his way a GA position. 

CHIEF

5 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

This year and in 2021 we found ways to win a lot of close games fighting through injuries, transfers, and other limitations. That’s the sign of a winning program. Gundy can coach. Aggy could do the same if they accepted their place and stopped pretending they’re in the blueblood class. But they’d rather chase 4 and 5 star players that Bama didn’t want and overpay coaches based on feelings. We passed them as a program years ago and they still think they’re special. Again, fuck aggy.

Truth.

3 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

This year and in 2021 we found ways to win a lot of close games fighting through injuries, transfers, and other limitations. That’s the sign of a winning program. Gundy can coach. Aggy could do the same if they accepted their place and stopped pretending they’re in the blueblood class. But they’d rather chase 4 and 5 star players that Bama didn’t want and overpay coaches based on feelings. We passed them as a program years ago and they still think they’re special. Again, fuck aggy.

I think there's definitely something to be a winning program with Gundy. I also think it had a lot to do with "luck" this year. Almost every metric that calculates "luck" has Oklahoma State near the top if not the luckiest team in the country. 

Same applied to TCU last year and then the "luck" disappeared. Normally teams fall off a cliff the following season when you see seasons like Oklahoma State this year and TCU in '22. 

Either way, I think Oklahoma State will be an intriguing team next year. They have pieces on offense returning that should have them ranked in the preseason top 25. 

2 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

The way they played tonight they would have lost to Oklahoma, KSU, KU, and probably West Virginia. At least those are the ones I remember. Alan Bowman will be sacking groceries shortly, or maybe can weasel his way a GA position. 

CHIEF

also truth

4 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

Yeah, but this is kind of how Oklahoma State has looked all year. 

Most of the metrics have Oklahoma State as the 8th to 10th best team in the Big 12 but somehow they found a way to win games. It's just very Gundy. There is really no reason this team should have won 10 games. 

I don't know if that's a compliment or criticism of Gundy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, CHIEF said:

CHIEF

And if we played as well as we did against KU, KSU, OU, and WVU when we played USA, ISU, and UCF, we’d be in the NY6. Shit in one hand and something in the other. 

I think there's definitely something to be a winning program with Gundy. I also think it had a lot to do with "luck" this year. Almost every metric that calculates "luck" has Oklahoma State near the top if not the luckiest team in the country. 

Same applied to TCU last year and then the "luck" disappeared. Normally teams fall off a cliff the following season when you see seasons like Oklahoma State this year and TCU in '22. 

Either way, I think Oklahoma State will be an intriguing team next year. They have pieces on offense returning that should have them ranked in the preseason top 25. 

It feels like luck sometimes but when it’s continuous over several years there’s more than luck going on. I’ve watched almost every game and it feels lucky sometimes but we get it done way more than we don’t. Next year we might have some legit depth which has been an issue forever. We need a QB though and next year might be more consistent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

It feels like luck sometimes but when it’s continuous over several years there’s more than luck going on. I’ve watched almost every game and it feels lucky sometimes but we get it done way more than we don’t. Next year we might have some legit depth which has been an issue forever. We need a QB though and next year might be more consistent. 
None of that matters, the only thing history will remember is W/L and you got the dub tonight. Congrats and good luck in the new Big12.
  • Hook 'Em 2

26 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Fuck espn and fuck aggy. The juggernaut ran out of time yet again. Fucking delusional morons. Go sip your sec branded jizz jars with your new fat fuck coach. 

But didn't you see that fabulous moral victory? They went toe-to-toe with the titan that is Oklahoma State and outscored them in the second half. And they've found their next savior quarterback, who's so much better than that gimpy, what's-his-name Weigman.

A&M football is a program with a glorious future and always will be.

WHOOP!  

Edited by Tired Horn
Typo
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
5 minutes ago, &#x27;stache said:

None of that matters, the only thing history will remember is W/L and you got the dub tonight. Congrats and good luck in the new Big12.

Yeah but it does matter long-term because luck isn't sustainable. 

See TCU in '22 and then see this season. Winning like Oklahoma State did this year will almost certainly result in a worse record next season. 

Say what you will about Oklahoma St. Gundy does a good job there and they are competitive every year. I hope they have success in the  Big12 going forward. Yes they fuck up and lose games as most teams do and win some they shouldn’t, but overall Gundy is a good coach. Thanks to them for winning and covering my parlay. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Yeah but it does matter long-term because luck isn't sustainable. 

See TCU in '22 and then see this season. Winning like Oklahoma State did this year will almost certainly result in a worse record next season. 

If we had last year’s Max Duggan in 2021 we could have pulled off a similar run. He had a near perfect season. We’re on a 19 year bowl streak. TCU has had 4 losing seasons in that time span. They’re a good program and they’ve out done our ceiling, so good for them, but we are positioned most years to get it done and hope the stars align like it did for TCU last year. We might never get over that hump but next year should be more consistent if nothing else. It’s been a fun ride.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 4