2023 Fenway Bowl - SMU vs. Boston College

satyanash

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Field is starting to fall apart from the constant rain. Whose bright idea was it to host a bowl game in Fenway fucking park?

Well the Pinstripe Bowl from Yankee Stadium is on after this so you can double dip with dumb baseball stadium bowl games. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Dont like bowl games in baseball stadiums? Bad weather? Don't watch them. I am sure there are reruns of Maury or the View on some channel.

Well judging by the crowd, no one there seems to like them either. 

And there was a deep TD run by Castellanos and it will be a 17-14 ballgame. I don't know if I'll be putting on this headset again. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Haha 2

I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith – as there's a nice run around the right end by Castellanos, it will be a touchdown. And so that will give BC the lead. – I don't know if I'm gonna be putting on this headset again.

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well the Pinstripe Bowl from Yankee Stadium is on after this so you can double dip with dumb baseball stadium bowl games. 

A few years back when Pitt played Northwestern in the Pinstripe our radio booth was the Yankees booth. That meant we were behind Home Plate, and for football that was behind the goal post. It was pretty much impossible to see what was happening at the other end of the (out)field. It was kind of cool being in Yankee Stadium but, I’d prefer it in June.

5 minutes ago, AbeFroman said:

They were giving him 10 yards anytime he wanted to take off before 4th down.  Braindead on the coaches not to tell him that.

This was the key.  There were too many drops, but he didn’t take what was given.  There were a number of downfield throws that weren’t close and were wasted plays.

He’s a good runner and passed on too many opportunities.  I think even the 4th and 3 could have been converted.