Texas Softball 2024 - Farewell to the Big 12 (and back to OKC?)

Js1

15 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

They sure didn’t play like a “16” and we sure as hell didn’t play like a “1”…..we gonna have to play much better in OKC.

They shouldn't have been. 

Not to dick ride the SEC or anything but the 3rd best SEC team is not the 16th best team in the country. They should have been seeded somewhere between 12-14 but you know they couldn't resist an aggy vs Texas match up. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Stanford runner hosed at plate, scoreless after 4.

One of the dumbest reviews ever. 

They need to change the review rules. You should get 1 that you keep if you are right. Also, no reviews of leaving early except straight steals. Leaving early on a hit or tag is left up to the umpire. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

So Tenn was on our side as the 3, right?  So we in theory get a break with bama in that spot for our 2nd game. 

No, our side is 1-4-5-8/9

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So Tenn was on our side as the 3, right?  So we in theory get a break with bama in that spot for our 2nd game. 

No they go on OUs side. OU has a fucking cakewalk to the finals IMO. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, chemHORN said:

image.thumb.png.1a707d7665e0f7dab00817ae92988165.png

If those maps are accurate, as opposed to a person guessing, then that inexcusable and absolutely questionable as to motivation. 

8 consecutive strikes called balls, and only 2 of them could even be considered borderline. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Rage+1 4

1 run might be all Stanford needs. 

Damn, we really received a shitty draw. Get a way under-seeded aggy and now likely Canady in game 1 of the WCWS.

The crazy thing about Stanford is I'm not sure I would take anybody to beat them in a 3 game postseason series because you know Canady is going to pitch all 3 games and I'm not sure you can beat her twice. Luckily, it's a different format moving forward but still sucks having to face her. 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

If those maps are accurate, as opposed to a person guessing, then that inexcusable and absolutely questionable as to motivation. 

A pitched regulation softball is easy to see, relative to a baseball. It's also not traveling at 90 mph with a ton of late horizontal movement. So No HP umpire should have much trouble telling if a softball catches some part of the plate. 

24 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

If you replaced Canady with just a good pitcher would this Stanford team even be a top 30 team? 

Only good thing about Stanford winning, would be that half of the fans in OKC won’t be LSU fans.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

1 run might be all Stanford needs. 

Damn, we really received a shitty draw. Get a way under-seeded aggy and now likely Canady in game 1 of the WCWS.

The crazy thing about Stanford is I'm not sure I would take anybody to beat them in a 3 game postseason series because you know Canady is going to pitch all 3 games and I'm not sure you can beat her twice. Luckily, it's a different format moving forward but still sucks having to face her. 

Well LSU sure hit her ass first game. She can be hit she’s just good af

3 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Well LSU sure hit her ass first game. She can be hit she’s just good af

That's the good thing about the WCWS. You may only face her 1 time and maybe you get a bad game. 

It's very difficult to beat her 2 times in 3 days as LSU is learning. She's completely shut them down since game 1. 

3 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

Ha! In my defense they ranked 130th in batting average nationally. 

You aren't wrong. 

They're average to below average in almost every offensive stat. You put Canady on any average offensive team they would be in the same position. They're carried by Canady but we already knew that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, troph said:

Or have better umps 

womens softball has a problem.  It can't be more obvious they are trying to manufacture drama.  I want to say it is only incompetence but it just can't be.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Softball is the best womens sport. So much action and excitement. Honestly I prefer softball to baseball because of that 

Volleyball would like a word. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I'm no LSU apologist (in any sport), but Tiger got jobbed so badly on the ball that appeared to hit the runner's leg. No review. That opened the floodgates and turned it into a rout for no good reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1