New Music 2024

mdmost

On 1/16/2024 at 12:54 PM, 4th&Five said:

New PJ should be out in the next few months.  I don't usually get too excited for a new record from them these days (more about the shows) but the way they've been talking about it I'm optimistic.

Yeah. Vedder mentioned the new album at the Ft Worth show and said they were performing at peak musicianship or something to that effect. Looking forward to the album and the tour. Wife wants to see them in Seattle. I hope that it works out with dates and work commitments.

On 1/24/2024 at 2:58 PM, BigOrange1 said:

new Phosphorescent on April 5.  released the first single today and its, unsurprisingly, excellent.

Mrs. C-Man let me know about this yesterday. For awhile his plan was to just release a new song each month. Glad to see he's going to do a full album. Hopefully it leads to a US tour. I dig them A LOT and this song is terrific.

Goth Babe's new album "Lola" is out. The dude has a great story. Mrs C-Man and I caught his show at The Factory last year and it was incredible -- short but incredible. The energy that night was off the charts. I think it would be nearly impossible to see him live and not walk out of the venue with a smile from ear-to-ear. He's got shows scheduled for Austin and Las Colinas in September. Tickets on sale this week.

At any rate, there are worse ways to spend 12+ minutes than watching this YouTube video:

On 1/28/2024 at 12:39 PM, C-Man said:

. I think it would be nearly impossible to see him live and not walk out of the venue with a smile from ear-to-ear.

i saw this corny ass motherfucker and thought it was terrible. i don't give a shit if your house burned down, your dog died, and you lived in a van...your music sucks. yes i have strong opinions about this guy, found him utterly detestable. i encourage everyone to not listen. 

• Haha 1

On 1/16/2024 at 12:54 PM, 4th&Five said:

New PJ should be out in the next few months.  I don't usually get too excited for a new record from them these days (more about the shows) but the way they've been talking about it I'm optimistic.

Hopefully it's a complete 180 from the last album. 

I'm a PJ freak, and that last one was bad.  (I thought everything up until that last one was great)

22 hours ago, mdmost said:

I enjoyed The Last Dinner Party album that came out today. 

Mrs C-Man loves them. They're OK, I guess. Glad that I have a previous engagement the night they're playing Dallas. She's going with a friend of hers.

22 hours ago, stc said:

i saw this corny ass motherfucker and thought it was terrible. i don't give a shit if your house burned down, your dog died, and you lived in a van...your music sucks. yes i have strong opinions about this guy, found him utterly detestable. i encourage everyone to not listen. 

Where pray tell did this come from? That's a pretty strong reaction to what I didn't think was a polarizing artist. I mean this isn't Rush or Phish or something.

On 2/2/2024 at 3:59 PM, 4th&Five said:

There was a listening party in LA on Wednesday and all the reviews I’ve read were very positive. Should be out in April. Tour starts in May. 

Apparently a single is supposed to be out this week.

**It's already Thursday.

Welp. I’m not liking it. The thing that made Ten so great was every word and note seemed purposeful. This song seems like any other song by any other band. Like if you heard some college guys play it at the Mohawk (not sure if still open), you would say “yeah that is kind of cool guys”.

• 2 weeks later...

This is so God damn good - not sure if there are any fans of their's here. 

It's a trench callback which is an album I adore - despite finding the rest of their work hit or miss. 

They are also badass live if anyone ever gets an opportunity. 

Anybody else a Rainbow Kitten Surprise fan? Looks like something new coming 3/8, which is great because the last we saw of them was them cancelling the rest of last year’s tour due to lead singer Ella having unspecified issues.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2024 at 10:40 AM, BigOrange1 said:

i heard this on the daily show the other night and have been obsessed with it since:

Caught that performance as well and it was excellent. He cut the live version down because I think the album track is like 10 mins long.

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

New Vampire Weekend out today. 

Gonna hit J. Crew after work and then buy some non-prescription glasses.

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Love the Vampire Weekend album. 

it’s going to be a great Friday. 

Gonna fire it up shortly.

Also, new Phosphorescent is out today.

24 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

can't wait to dive into the new Phosphorescent this evening.

Hey, Matthew just started a Spotify listening party for the new album release at 1 PM. It's pretty cool. He's logged in from a coffee shop in NYC. Probably not too late to hop in.

Also, it appears a new Old 97's album came out today.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, DougO said:

Never really was a Kiss fan or Ace fan, but I found this surprisingly listenable. Possibly because there' so little decent rock out there these days, but it's pretty toe-tappin'.

Did I just hear the word "souffle' " used in a hard rock song?

On 1/21/2024 at 5:34 PM, DougO said:

Never really was a Kiss fan or Ace fan, but I found this surprisingly listenable. Possibly because there' so little decent rock out there these days, but it's pretty toe-tappin'.

Did I just hear the word "souffle' " used in a hard rock song?