new Curb tonight, mofos

Gil Bang

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

It makes zero sense. 

Larry, as we know him, would last about an hour in that situation.

I found the psychiatrist stuff so ridiculous that it wasn't funny at all. Larry had a legit reason for not wanting her for couples counseling, and she was like "fuck you, get in here". Then she blabbed to people about what they talked about in there. 

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Leon didn't seem to be enjoying the prostate exam. 

To be fair, Leon forecasted this 10-15 years ago.  "You gotta open that ass up.  Show 'em who's been in there.  Leave snicker bar wrappers, crumpled up newspapers.  Spray paint 'Wash Me!', all that shit.  And then you leave that ass open so you know somebody been there!"  

Larry even joined in singing JG whitworth…

Overall the season stinks. Not a good way to go out. Susie looks like the cartoon Nancy. They are filthy rich and can join any club in LA so they all accept this terrible food and service and this dictatorial manager.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
On 2/27/2024 at 5:21 PM, Texzilla588 said:

Overall the season stinks. Not a good way to go out. Susie looks like the cartoon Nancy. They are filthy rich and can join any club in LA so they all accept this terrible food and service and this dictatorial manager.

I've always thought the same about them tolerating the golf club bullshit.

Then I thought: 

1. Filthy rich people are fucking clueless and detached from normal society.

2. All golf clubs are like that.

Edited by MissingInAction

On 2/27/2024 at 3:21 PM, Texzilla588 said:

They did an episode in an early season about getting kicked out of the country club and not being comfortable at other clubs because there are no jews there. 

I'm still not real clear on what the season arc is right now. Just look back at the other 11 seasons and look at the iconic quality of the main storylines:

Season 1 - Random?
Season 2 - Trying to write a new Sitcom with Jason Alexander/JLD, fails miserably
Season 3 - Investing in a Restaurant with friends
Season 4 - The Producers
Season 5 - Richard Lewis gets a Kidney
Season 6 - The Blacks move in, Cheryl moves out
Season 7 - Seinfeld Reunion / Cheryl Divorce
Season 8 - Larry goes to New York / Feud with Michael J Fox
Season 9 - FATWA!
Season 10 - Spite Store 
Season 11 - Young Larry Sitcom / Maria Sophia

Season 12 - Stuck fish.

Larry goes to trial. Everyone he's ever pissed off testifies against him. He goes to jail.

Larry is going to give the audience a big "Fuck You!" for complaining about the Seinfeld finale. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

He’s an amiable fellow — who has attended two WNBA games.

Is that true?

No.

——

Any woman who Larry David impregnated, he not only paid for the abortion but accompanied her to the procedure. That’s true.

And Sienna Miller. Damn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have caught up on this whole season yesterday.  I like watching in full or half season chunks because binging vs. bleeding does alter viewer satisfaction (at least for me).  While this season (so far) is not holding up to prior seasons, it's pretty fucking funny and my suspicion is the final episodes are going to light the sky on fire.  If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

49 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Another bad episode. Theyre all so damn old. Richard Lewis is the walking dead 

you can fuck right off.  It was very funny.

2 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

To be on the safe side I told mrs. sunshine I have Groat's disease

For those that don't recall, Groats was in an earlier season with Meathead.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Another bad episode. Theyre all so damn old. Richard Lewis is the walking dead 

This was a solid episode.  Stuck fish.  Lewis immediately selling out AA for an undisclosed amount of Larry's inheritance.  All of Larry and Freddy's lies unraveling in a classic Curb coincidence.  Larry wedging himself into the gay couple's naming of their child.  Maybe not as good as the dinner party a couple of episodes ago, but this was very much the bread and butter of the show.

Seems like this last season is going to be a mix of some Curb greatness and a few clunkers here and there.

Edited by Al_4_ISU