The Sopranos

wild_turkey

I think the show basically depicted how the mob was in the early 80’s. 62 murders on screen. Tony ordered 12, and personally carried out 8. For reference, Gravano was convicted of 19 murders. 

The last mob hit in New Jersey was 2007. A Lucchese captain got blown away in broad daylight in a diner parking lot. It’s believed a set of The Bloods affiliated with the Luccheses did the killing.

The last mob hit in New York was the 2013 murder of Michael Meldish. Again ordered Luccheses. They found an African American guy dying of cancer to pull the trigger. The case is infamous because it brought down the entire administration of the family. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

25 years ago today, The Sopranos debuted on HBO.  i didn't watch it on day 1.  i didn't have HBO.  but i got caught up around season 3 and then watched it weekly from season 4 to the end. to commemorate, here are a few of my favorite pop culture related Sopranos moments.

• Hook 'Em 3

Rewatching for the 7th time I think. Mrs. sunshine and I relocated to our family's fish camp on Lake Rayburn while our home was being built 22 years ago and had no TV unless you finagled the antenna just so. We resorted to our Sopranos collection on DVD and hence baby sunshine was created but we're separated now and mrs. and baby sunshine hate my guts. Fair enough. On my current rewatch I'm up to Season 3 Episode 4 which is appropriately titled "Employee of the Month" and I've decided I wouldn't hire anybody related to me or named Aprile to do fucking jack shit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

7 hours ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

Favorite qoute that I use to this day is

"What do you suck your brothers cock with that mouth" -Tony Soprano 

I still look at my wife when I buy her diamonds no matter how many or how little and say “it’s got more carets then bugs bunny”

22 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

Cameos - Off the top of my head Frank Sinatra, Jr., Lawrence Taylor, David Lee Roth, Ben Kingsley,  Lauren Bacall. Who else you got?

Almost forgot Burt Young. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...