2024 Astros Foundation College Classic

HendersonHorns

Just now, Valmy77 said:

We have more than a year before our first SEC series. Let's get Big 12 ready first.

Need to get 2 quality/proven starting pitchers and at least 3 stud hitters (including a real catcher) from the portal. LSU can do it, we need to figure it out. Shit, just go get 2-3 of them Texas State boys to start with. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Knoxtnhorn said:

I mean, I guess.  One game.  I get it.  But 10 should generally get you a win v a directional school.  

/Kind of drunk at the Dallas Irish Festival

Texas State was invited to this tournament for a reason.

Still 10 runs should get you a win against anybody. Sucks.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Do they do this every time? We split with them last year and I don't remember them acting like morons.

But hey the drunkin ramblings from San Marcos rarely draw my attention.

1 minute ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Stopped watching after the grand slam that put TXST up 6-0 but it looks like I missed a thrilling loss.

Well there were some nice moments it was frustrating. One of the worst botched double plays I have ever seen in the 8th.

7 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

Need to get 2 quality/proven starting pitchers and at least 3 stud hitters (including a real catcher) from the portal. LSU can do it, we need to figure it out. Shit, just go get 2-3 of them Texas State boys to start with. 

Yeah ok. Sure they have looked strong in these two games in this tournament but let's see where Texas State is in May before we plan to poach all their guys.

I’m not a shit talker much at games. 

Texas state fanbase was trash.  Every one I met/saw. 

LSU represented in this tournament like it was being held in Red Stick. 

idk what will happen tomorrow, but we will be back in the 73 section. Those seats are are sweet. Insperity Club my wife said. 

here’s to going 1-2 this weekend. \m/

• Like 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Do they do this every time? We split with them last year and I don't remember them acting like morons.

But hey the drunkin ramblings from San Marcos rarely draw my attention.

Our Barstool is at least as cringey as everyone else's Barstool.

Hell of a game all the way around and happy to come out on top.  Always a huge W when we can beat the Horns - like y'all say, you're everyone's Super Bowl...or World Series, in this case.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, GJ Winne said:

Our Barstool is at least as cringey as everyone else's Barstool.

Hell of a game all the way around and happy to come out on top.  Always a huge W when we can beat the Horns - like y'all say, you're everyone's Super Bowl...or World Series, in this case.  

I've seen the football team lose to Rice.

This is nothing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

50 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

We'll be fine in the SEC. We'll probably end up running shit fairly quickly.

the program and fan base is not ready for SEC baseball 

program is easy to fix - identify talent, then add $$$

Just got back from game, about halfass shitfaced.  2 things

- Schuessler sucks defensively big time. I realize Galvan was injured but we should have more than one catcher that doesn’t allow 4-5 balls by him per game.  

- There might have been more LSU fans than UT fans for our game just waiting and getting sauced up for theirs.  Makes for a home field advantage for TX ST with UH/LSU/TX ST all rooting against us. Not an excuse just the typical Texas hate

58 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Still early in the season and a long way to go. But this team is not looking like a team that will host a regional. Hopefully they show us something tomorrow. 

You haven't watched much Texas baseball then. Or even much this season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

sounds like I picked a good game to miss.  Pierce is in a bit of trouble. Pitching is extremely meh, catching a bit suspect also.  not a good recipe.

Gonna take some real coaching to get these guys to a Super.  

43 minutes ago, Beer Drinker said:

Just got back from game, about halfass shitfaced.  2 things

- Schuessler sucks defensively big time. I realize Galvan was injured but we should have more than one catcher that doesn’t allow 4-5 balls by him per game.  

- There might have been more LSU fans than UT fans for our game just waiting and getting sauced up for theirs.  Makes for a home field advantage for TX ST with UH/LSU/TX ST all rooting against us. Not an excuse just the typical Texas hate

Yeah definitely like 40% Texas, 60% the field at the game today

pretty sad

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

sounds like I picked a good game to miss.  Pierce is in a bit of trouble. Pitching is extremely meh, catching a bit suspect also.  not a good recipe.

I’d kill for DJ Pertrinsky right now 

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Pitching has been pretty good this year so far actually. Catching is fine as long as Galvan is back there, and he hurt his thumb yesterday.