2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

12 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Awesome start to the season for the super great young exciting totally amazing Orioles. LO fucking L

I'd take up 2-1 after one.

You're just trying to help lift the city of Baltimore's spirits here, aren't you.

Very admirable using your powers for good like that.

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

The new Orioles owner is in their booth right now.  He seems to be an actual fan, talking about the Orioles first WS win his senior year in HS and playing baseball trivia with Jim Palmer.  Good for them.

10 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

I'd take up 2-1 after one.

4-1, Adley with a 2 run single.  2 for 2 only 2 innings into the season, not bad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Opening day and espn is showing NBA Today and then NFL Live and ESPN2 has college hockey and then the Mina Kimes show.  We used to build things in this country.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Just now, WBT said:

Opening day and espn is showing NBA Today and then NFL Live and ESPN2 has college hockey and then the Mina Kimes show.  We used to build things in this country.

And not one MLB game on National TV today. So damn glad my son got me MLB. Red Sox are going to suck, but I love working and having baseball in the background.

If one client calls me today....... 

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, WBT said:

unfucking real

opening day, and the last day of the year - every game should be streamed free online 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, WBT said:

The new Orioles owner is in their booth right now.  He seems to be an actual fan, talking about the Orioles first WS win his senior year in HS and playing baseball trivia with Jim Palmer.  Good for them.

4-1, Adley with a 2 run single.  2 for 2 only 2 innings into the season, not bad.

Yeah, he’s a big time Orioles fan.

I think he’s going to be a great thing for them. Of course, it all comes down to hiring/keeping the right people in the right places, but he doesn’t seem to be a guy that’s going to raid the team and only care about the bottom line 

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

6:35 on ESPN is national. 

Missed that. Who is playing? Trying to get work done so I can open that first beer. I mean second... Who the hell am I kidding.

Looked it up. LOL, chances it is blacked out in Central Texas?

Edited by InkaUtexas

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Seriously this board’s lovefest with the O’s is hilarious to me. I’m going to take great joy in watching that “young, exciting core” live in 80-85 win purgatory until they can’t afford their stars anymore.

I mean, they won 101 last season and added the best pitcher in the NL in the offseason, so...

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Betts, Ohtani, Freeman went a combined 5-8 today with 2 HRs.  I can work with a top of the order like that.  And maybe the best hitting catcher (at least in the convo) behind them.

Edited by Sbbruin