2024 MLB Season Thread - Catch All

tx 3 putt

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Announced attendance was around 13,500.

That looks like maybe 1,350.

So who are the 10,000 geniuses buying tickets and paying ownership, and not going as a protest against ownership.

The Oakland stadium is one we haven't been to yet.  If they get the lease extended after this year, then we may try and hit it up over the next two/three years along with San Fran (Already have a ballpark trip booked this summer).  I know it's perceived as a dump and rated the worst ballpark in the majors, but could probably get seats right on the field and might as well see it if going to San Fran as well.  Otherwise, will just wait for them to move to Vegas.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

On Thursday, the Giants started Michael Conforto in leftfield.

That marked the SEVENTEENTH STRAIGHT YEAR that the Giants have started a different player in leftfield on Opening Day, this going back to, yeah, Barry Bonds’ last season in 2007.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The Oakland stadium is one we haven't been to yet.  If they get the lease extended after this year, then we may try and hit it up over the next two/three years along with San Fran (Already have a ballpark trip booked this summer).  I know it's perceived as a dump and rated the worst ballpark in the majors, but could probably get seats right on the field and might as well see it if going to San Fran as well.  Otherwise, will just wait for them to move to Vegas.

You should definitely hit it up since that style of stadium is about to be history outside of Anaheim Stadium. mdleast and I did that last summer when we went to SF for our baseball trip. It's a toilet but still worth going to in the same way Texas Stadium once was. We went when the A's played the Giants and the people watching was really interesting to say the least. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mdmost said:

You should definitely hit it up since that style of stadium is about to be history outside of Anaheim Stadium. mdleast and I did that last summer when we went to SF for our baseball trip. It's a toilet but still worth going to in the same way Texas Stadium once was. We went when the A's played the Giants and the people watching was really interesting to say the least. 

Yeah I'm kinda' hoping they extend the lease for the next few years.  We've been to the Ray's, and yeah I get why it's ranked at the bottom, but it still has some neat perks to see and it's the last of the old Dome types.  Tickets were cheap to.

We are doing Dodgers/Angels/Padres in three days.  Flying and staying in San Diego and going to drive to the other two.  Our Dodger game is a 1 pm local time on a Sunday, so hoping that may be a little better drive than during the week for an evening/night game.  Will have some time to go around and do stuff in San Diego, any recommendations @Gil Bang ??  We want to do the Zoo, probably go to the beach one morning, what would be better out of Coronado or Mission?  Was thinking Bubs before the Padres game for pub/bar food and some drinks.  Our flight arrives early locally so will have all of that day to do stuff and the Padres game is a night game so we have two full days to do and see stuff.  Any recommendations and such is appreciated.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 2

I'm running out right now, but food for thought:  it's easy to take the train from SD to both Angel Stadium and Dodger Stadium.   The Anaheim stop is in the shadow of the stadium, and the dodgers run free bus service from Union Station to Chavez Ravine. 

I'll have more for you later. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yeah I'm kinda' hoping they extend the lease for the next few years.  We've been to the Ray's, and yeah I get why it's ranked at the bottom, but it still has some neat perks to see and it's the last of the old Dome types.  Tickets were cheap to.

We are doing Dodgers/Angels/Padres in three days.  Flying and staying in San Diego and going to drive to the other two.  Our Dodger game is a 1 pm local time on a Sunday, so hoping that may be a little better drive than during the week for an evening/night game.  Will have some time to go around and do stuff in San Diego, any recommendations @Gil Bang ??  We want to do the Zoo, probably go to the beach one morning, what would be better out of Coronado or Mission?  Was thinking Bubs before the Padres game for pub/bar food and some drinks.  Our flight arrives early locally so will have all of that day to do stuff and the Padres game is a night game so we have two full days to do and see stuff.  Any recommendations and such is appreciated.

Oddly, the Giants game was a cheaper ticket than the A's, ironic since they were playing the Giants. mdleast and I have done Dodgers/Angels but not the Padres. That's on the list. We'll probably do Padres and then go up to LA for another Dodgers game. It's such a great experience. We did a Cubs game a few years ago. We're going to do an easy one this year and go to a Rockies game in August. We'd like to check out the Mariners but that's a long trip and we may save it for a time when we can also watch a Huskies home game in September. I'd also like to go to Kauffman Stadium before the Royals move into their new stadium but we have a few years for that. 

Good thread with San Diego recommendations here:

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Oddly, the Giants game was a cheaper ticket than the A's, ironic since they were playing the Giants. mdleast and I have done Dodgers/Angels but not the Padres. That's on the list. We'll probably do Padres and then go up to LA for another Dodgers game. It's such a great experience. We did a Cubs game a few years ago. We're going to do an easy one this year and go to a Rockies game in August. We'd like to check out the Mariners but that's a long trip and we may save it for a time when we can also watch a Huskies home game in September. I'd also like to go to Kauffman Stadium before the Royals move into their new stadium but we have a few years for that. 

Good thread with San Diego recommendations here:

I've been to Kauffman and Coors both twice.  One of the Coors games we got seats mid-level along the 1st base line and you have a good view of the Rocky Mountains in those seats.  Plenty of places to hit up pre-game around Coors.  You'll love both, Kauffman is just a neat place to catch a game IMO.  Not much around it though.

Been wanting to go to Dodger Stadium for a long time, so I'm pretty excited to finally get to see it.

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

I always had fun going to games at the coliseum because it was cheap to get seats close to the dugouts or home plate.  Fans were always pretty cool as well.  That was before the move was being discussed, so they may not be as genial these days. 

Watching the Braves/Phillies, Fried throws a pitch about as dead center as you can get. Should have been a strike out looking. Called ball 3 instead. Ends up walking him then giving up 2 runs the next at bat. From 2-0 lead to 3-2 deficit. Good job ump.

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

We have to wait until the last series of the season for the Mets return trip to Milwaukee

I really hope the  Brewers promotional staff calls an audible and replaces the “Bernie's Chalet Snow Globe” giveaway that’s scheduled for that series with a Hoskins “fucking wahhhhh” bobblehead.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1