Gary Johnson hates QBs and RBs

Machinator

23 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Blatant???  If he can play in the NFL, someone (if not KC) will play him. There is no conspiracy, and the NFL isn’t stupid. I’ve read enough of that shit about GJ, LJH and Nelson. There is no anti-UT bias, and no anti slow receiver / undersized LB. if they’re good enough, they’ll play. 

I don’t say this lightly because I love GJ and LJH is one of my favorite players at Texas, ever. But we need to continue recruiting better talent than late era Mack and Strong. 

You serious Clark?

24 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

GMs aren’t. Giants’ notwithstanding. If you can play there is a home for you. 

Some orgs/GMs aren't - a minority of them. It is why the same teams are generally contending, and the same teams are generally flailing about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

GMs aren’t. Giants’ notwithstanding. If you can play there is a home for you. 

I don't care about the rest of your talking points but i very much disagree here. The NFL makes money hand over fist without breaking a sweat. There's too little incentive for thinking outside the box/be intelligent.

Edited by pacman
  • Like 1

his paycheck isn't long for this world. 

interesting read / round up on KC UDFA's :

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/28/kansas-city-chiefs-undrafted-free-agents-earn-big-money/

Read an article earlier that most UDFAs get $10k or so. Ain’t much money to get you through camp. Especially when 3 baby mommas get first dibs.

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Yes, Eddie, I’m serious. You think GJ got shafted because GMs are too stupid to see that the league has been or is trending toward the smaller LBer?

Because? No. Why? Probably. If he came from a secX3 program, would he have been drafted ceteris paribus? Absofuckinglutely.

And this is straying away from the topic of conspiracy. Now, conspiracy may be a little hyperbolic but if you can't see the secX3 bias that's inherent to the draft, well, that's on you. 

Again, Daylon Mack (short and fat, never did shit), Gillaspia (no real designated position) and any fucking aggy DB (WF says lol)... They were drafted because... they're good? Ain't buying it. 

7 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Read an article earlier that most UDFAs get $10k or so. Ain’t much money to get you through camp. Especially when 3 baby mommas get first dibs.

rookie mini camp is only about 10 days or so. i guess if they're invited to pre-season camp, they get a little something ?

some teams like the texans, let you load up on food / prepped meals, drinks and snacks. that saves the udfa rookies some money. other teams like the bengals, they charge for gatorade 

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Yup. No bias. That's just crazy talk. Kentucky definitely has more than twice the number of draft able players than UT. Yup. 

UK was an upperclassmen-heavy team that was a competent QB away from being really good. Most of our most talented players were pretty young. It happens.

Look at BC for a team outside the SEC that had quite a few kids drafted with a similar profile.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

UK was an upperclassmen-heavy team that was a competent QB away from being really good. Most of our most talented players were pretty young. It happens.

Look at BC for a team outside the SEC that had quite a few kids drafted with a similar profile.

Ok then...

Ole Miss, Auburn and aggy each all have 3 times the NFL talent than Texas.

That sound right to you?

9 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Yup. No bias. That's just crazy talk. Kentucky definitely has more than twice the number of draft able players than UT. Yup. 

You're just going to double down on the stupid, huh? 

Did you notice how Kentucky, perennial doormat, actually showed a pulse this year? Wonder why maybe that is? 

You realize, don't you, that we're only comparing senior classes, right? Normally I'd never think to have to ask that, but I think you might need a remedial course in football. 

NFL GMs make a shitload of money and their lifespan is short, particularly if they draft poorly. They don't give a rat fuck about SEC PR. 

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

SIAP..... but on radio this morning they said rumor on GJ dropping to UDFA was a failed drug test at the Combine.

Is this true?

Maybe the owners conspired and planted weed in his food.   You know, anti-UT and all since they didn't draft who I wanted from UT the Top 30 picks in a row.

58 minutes ago, TornACL said:

You're just going to double down on the stupid, huh? 

Did you notice how Kentucky, perennial doormat, actually showed a pulse this year? Wonder why maybe that is? 

You realize, don't you, that we're only comparing senior classes, right? Normally I'd never think to have to ask that, but I think you might need a remedial course in football. 

NFL GMs make a shitload of money and their lifespan is short, particularly if they draft poorly. They don't give a rat fuck about SEC PR. 

Guess I am. 

Every team in secX3 (except Tennessee) had as many, the majority many more, drafted players than UT. Explain. 

No, I didn't. Why are we only doing that and when did the topic change with that qualifier? I realize more seniors get drafted than juniors but this inclusion into my argument doesn't make sense and isn't warranted. 

Maybe, maybe not. But who says they need to? I guarantee you that they're subject to the same constant dick sucking the secX3 receives from the media that you or I are. What's to say these obviously intelligent, non mistake prone, GMs don't fall prey to believing what they see on TV? Can we at least agree that a secX3 bias exists on some level?

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Guess I am. 

Every team in secX3 (except Tennessee) had as many, the majority many more, drafted players than UT. Explain. 

No, I didn't. Why are we only doing that and when did the topic change with that qualifier? I realize more seniors get drafted than juniors but this inclusion into my argument doesn't make sense and isn't warranted. 

Maybe, maybe not. But who says they need to? I guarantee you that they're subject to the same constant dick sucking the secX3 receives from the media that you or I are. What's to say these obviously intelligent, non mistake prone, GMs don't fall prey to believing what they see on TV? Can we at least agree that a secX3 bias exists on some level?

You fucking people who insist on screaming about bias at every turn don't help your cause.  Yes, bias exists somewhere, that doesn't mean it exists everywhere. It's just an asinine take, and the constant whining about MEDIA BIAS!!11!!1 is even more exhausting than the SEC love affair itself. 

Here's a hint, GMs and scouts aren't basing their draft boards on what Gary Fucking Danielson says about guys when he's fellating them on the CBS Game of the Week. 

• Like 4

One article predicts that GJ as UDFA has decent chance to make a roster.....

Kansas City Chiefs: Gary Johnson, LB, Texas

The Chiefs needed some depth at linebacker, but they didn’t take one during the 2019 NFL Draft. Instead, they waited until after the draft by signing speedy Texas linebacker Gary Johnson.

Johnson had a strong senior season for Texas, racking up 90 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles. He profiles as a weakside linebacker for new Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo’s defense. Johnson has the speed and agility to be a coverage weapon for Kansas City if he can find his way onto the field as a rookie.

Entrenched starters Reggie Ragland and Anthony Hitchens should be better fits for the Chiefs’ new defense, but they don’t have the speed that defenses have been trending toward over the past few years. Johnson has a chance to get reps in nickel and dime sets to give the Chiefs more athleticism to defend the pass.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/1/18520669/nfl-undrafted-free-agents-signings-new-team-best-fit

Edited by LTtxfan

37 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

One article predicts that GJ as UDFA has decent chance to make a roster.....

Kansas City Chiefs: Gary Johnson, LB, Texas

The Chiefs needed some depth at linebacker, but they didn’t take one during the 2019 NFL Draft. Instead, they waited until after the draft by signing speedy Texas linebacker Gary Johnson.

Johnson had a strong senior season for Texas, racking up 90 tackles, 16.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks, and two forced fumbles. He profiles as a weakside linebacker for new Chiefs defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo’s defense. Johnson has the speed and agility to be a coverage weapon for Kansas City if he can find his way onto the field as a rookie.

Entrenched starters Reggie Ragland and Anthony Hitchens should be better fits for the Chiefs’ new defense, but they don’t have the speed that defenses have been trending toward over the past few years. Johnson has a chance to get reps in nickel and dime sets to give the Chiefs more athleticism to defend the pass.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/5/1/18520669/nfl-undrafted-free-agents-signings-new-team-best-fit

Johnson’s definitely got a chance to stick. He needs to focus on being a special teams demon first, and then use that to stay on the roster and grow into his defensive role. He won’t be ready to play on D right away.

Whoever said the GMs aren't stupid is wrong. Some of them - probably most of them, my take - are in fact stupid. The most successful team over the last 20 years has its HC as the GM (in fact if not in name - don't think they even have such a position listed). The reason the HC oversees all the team-related stuff that for others is handled by the owners' idiot relatives is that the HC made that fact a requirement when he was hired. It wasn't even his first choice - the Giants had him for one day, refused his demand, and he quit the very next day at the press conference announcing his hiring. It took him ONE year to turn the mess that Pete Carroll left for him into a winner, and he hasn't finished less than 2nd in the division since. 

Oh, and as long as we're in the general area of general management, Fuck Steve Patterson.

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Whoever said the GMs aren't stupid is wrong. Some of them - probably most of them, my take - are in fact stupid. The most successful team over the last 20 years has its HC as the GM (in fact if not in name - don't think they even have such a position listed). The reason the HC oversees all the team-related stuff that for others is handled by the owners' idiot relatives is that the HC made that fact a requirement when he was hired. It wasn't even his first choice - the Giants had him for one day, refused his demand, and he quit the very next day at the press conference announcing his hiring. It took him ONE year to turn the mess that Pete Carroll left for him into a winner, and he hasn't finished less than 2nd in the division since. 

Oh, and as long as we're in the general area of general management, Fuck Steve Patterson.

It was the Jets. 

7 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Your post reminded me of a Bill Parcells quote - "If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Gary Johnson hates QBs and RBs