Texas Basketball 2024-25

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Honestly though, are we cautioned at all that we’re getting D1-AA players or are they really good!?? 

Some players can just play. Knecht came from the Big Sky conference. Grant Nelson was from NDSU. Jameer Nelson Jr from Delaware State. Abmas and Tylor Perry.

Missouri Valley is a top mid major conference. Don’t forget it was a couple of bid thieves that knocked Indiana State out of the tournament bracket 

Edited by Js1

Larry and Kent both had good data points against decent/good competition outside of the MVC.

Larry went for 18 and 6 in the NIT championship against Seton Hall and Kent went for a 30 burger against SMU earlier in the NIT.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Larry and Kent both had good data points against decent/good competition outside of the MVC.

Larry went for 18 and 6 in the NIT championship against Seton Hall and Kent went for a 30 burger against SMU earlier in the NIT.

When adding two starters from a Kenpom top 40 team are your 2nd and 3rd best additions of the day you know it was a pretty good day. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I didn’t want to post this in the young man’s commitment thread but the first thing an Arkansas booster told me is he was rumored to be involved in a love triangle with another player. Obviously his personal preferences are of no concern but hopefully he wasn’t part of something that damaged the locker room at his prior team. 

Wait…two college dudes after the same chick? No way

30 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Honestly though, are we cautioned at all that we’re getting D1-AA players or are they really good!?? 

Well, this is not football, so that’s not a thing.

But also, many of the best transfers come from non-power conferences. And more importantly, Larry is a guy I think can play well alongside volume scorers. We just landed Arkansas’ leading scorer, I think it’s a good fit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

But also, many of the best transfers come from non-power conferences.

This. 4 of last year’s top 10 transfers were from non-power conferences. Looks like about 7 of the top 20 this year are non-power conference guys 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Longer and more athletic 

Last year's backcourt: 

Abmas (6'0 and that's generous), Hunter (6'0), Weaver (6'3).

Next year's backcourt: 

Weaver (6'3), Johnson (6'5), Mark (6'6), Larry (6'3), and maybe Pope (6'2). 

Fairly obvious that RT was tired of being that small last year. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

Wait…two college dudes after the same chick? No way

Uh, no. 

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Who cares who the guy wants to fuck?  Play well, hopefully get your degree, good luck.

No one cares as long as it doesn’t affect the locker room. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Lonestar88 said:

But also, many of the best transfers come from non-power conferences. And more importantly, Larry is a guy I think can play well alongside volume scorers. We just landed Arkansas’ leading scorer, I think it’s a good fit.

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

This. 4 of last year’s top 10 transfers were from non-power conferences. Looks like about 7 of the top 20 this year are non-power conference guys 

Often players that transfer up a level have a huge chip on their shoulder and want to prove they belong at that next higher level.  Hungry to succeed, better work ethic, and passion and effort to play great are hopefully what these new transfer players bring to the Longhorns.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

No one cares as long as it doesn’t affect the locker room. 

In my college days I was in an all-male touring ensemble.  128 guys + staff.  Probably 30 guys were openly gay.  Nobody cared, and it certainly didn't affect the locker room.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

In my college days I was in an all-male touring ensemble.  128 guys + staff.  Probably 30 guys were openly gay.  Nobody cared, and it certainly didn't affect the locker room.

I think it’s more inter-squad dating can affect the locker room. That was the Arky drama 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I think it’s more inter-squad dating can affect the locker room. That was the Arky drama 

Obviously, the scale is different than what I referenced, too.  Anyway, I'll be surprised if it becomes an issue.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

That’s good for you. But at Arkansas it apparently did affect the locker room.  

Edited by Newy25

49 minutes ago, Pancho said:

This applies whether it’s straight or gay.

Former NHL center Jason Arnott is a great example of this. The man could not stop trying to hook up with other players girlfriends/wives. New Jersey traded him to Dallas who then gave up on him because of all of the trouble he caused. 

• Haha 1

99% positive that whole “love triangle” rumor was created out of thin air by bored Mizzou trolls who knew dumbass Arkansas fans would latch on to any excuse for their incompetence this season. I’m sure there are better boards out there for you to discuss these fantasies.

• Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Former NHL center Jason Arnott is a great example of this. The man could not stop trying to hook up with other players girlfriends/wives. New Jersey traded him to Dallas who then gave up on him because of all of the trouble he caused. 

Jason Kidd, Jim Jackson, Toni Braxton or Tony Parker, Brent Barry, and Barry's wife might be examples people here might be more familiar with 

Regarding Hunter and Mitchell on this morning's OTF livestream Gerry said:

"I'd be surprised if either one of those guys were back at Texas... and I think this weekend is a clear indication of that"

• Like 1

Just now, LTtxfan said:

"I'd be surprised if either one of those guys were back at Texas... and I think this weekend is a clear indication of that"

And that’s fine. Having 2 black holes on offense was such a losing play. Give me 5 players who can score the ball, instead of a Pg who fumbles it all the time and is clanks wide open shots and a forward who is allergic to offense unless it a dunk or putback

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Teryor said:

Jason Kidd, Jim Jackson, Toni Braxton or Tony Parker, Brent Barry, and Barry's wife might be examples people here might be more familiar with 

JASON AND JIMMY, WE GOT EM!

THE DALLAS MAVERICKS GIVE YOU NOTHING BUT ACTION!

Such a great commercial.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

And that’s fine. Having 2 black holes on offense was such a losing play. Give me 5 players who can score the ball, instead of a Pg who fumbles it all the time and is clanks wide open shots and a forward who is allergic to offense unless it a dunk or putback

Neither Hunter nor Mitchell were "black holes." In basketball parlance, a black hole is a teammate who never passes once the ball is in his hands.

Edited by Braff Zacklin
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

racist comedy central GIF

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Sad Arrested Development GIF

I like Mitchell.

I told Hunter to fuck off as soon as he botched the Tennessee game. 

13 hours ago, D3zii said:

JFC, man. We have like 3 or 4 guys returning on next year’s roster. Not every transfer you get is going to be a star. These are extremely good pieces to add to a top 25 college roster. 

• Hook 'Em 4

On 4/13/2024 at 9:57 PM, Hookem2147 said:

Former OB basketball reporter

Could this be one of the Kentucky de-commitments? It sounds like Richmond is up next with the others. 

It's confusing because he didn't correct "higher rated prospect" which makes me think it might be a HS recruit. 

10 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Could this be one of the Kentucky de-commitments? It sounds like Richmond is up next with the others. 

It's confusing because he didn't correct "higher rated prospect" which makes me think it might be a HS recruit. 

He clarified last night and said it is a HS wing player who is supposed to announce for the good guys this week.

We need to find replacements for Disu and Abmas. We have got some pieces that may be upgrades over other role players but we don't have anyone yet who can replace those two key guys.   

7 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

We need to find replacements for Disu and Abmas. We have got some pieces that may be upgrades over other role players but we don't have anyone yet who can replace those two key guys.   

Abmas couldnt be counted on when the going got tough. He was too prone to scoring droughts against top level competition. We need a top level guy. 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

That’s not a HS recruit if you’re referencing what Womack is talking about. 

Nah I was just referring to as could Wagner be the cherry on top lol

53 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Abmas couldnt be counted on when the going got tough. He was too prone to scoring droughts against top level competition. We need a top level guy. 

Indiana Jones Conspiracy GIF