Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, runthebone said:

This loss will have many authors,but I primarily blame Espada for not pulling Framber in time.  Well, Framber was a bitch, so him also.  Whatever

He's had more than a few games now where he's completely mismanaged the staff.

• Hook 'Em 1

Tonight is a shining example of why I've had trouble getting mentally invested in this season. We seem to be exploring just how haphazardly a poor manager can make in-game decisions and still creep into the playoffs. 

• Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Pop up or walk off?

Deep pop up

Just now, David Dennison said:

Joe Espada lost that game.

Brutal.

Looked like Framber to me

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dr99 said:

Great idea by Espada rushing and putting Pop Up King back at cleanup after a few good games, instead of making him prove he's back.

same thing is about to happen with Abreu.  fucking idiotic leadership

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Hey guys if this game isn’t enough of a beating, we have this to look forward to. Fuck Joe Espada.

1. fuck Pendergast. That dumb ass knows you toe the company line if you like getting a check. He should go back to selling printer cartridges. He’s just stirring up shit for clicks and listeners. His sports knowledge is watching tv

2. until crane and Bagwell gives Abreu the thumbs down, he plays 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Overreacting is fun and all, but there are well over 100 games to play.

We have a little leeway.

rage GIF

this L is on framber. Haven’t seen him blow up like this in awhile. Hopefully it’s a one time episode 

Also I think my Uber driver home was shitting her pants the whole way home. That was wicked 

• Haha 1

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

rage GIF

this L is on framber. Haven’t seen him blow up like this in awhile. Hopefully it’s a one time episode 

It's on Espada. He should have had someone warming up after the first HR of the inning. He should have pulled him after the second single.

• Hook 'Em 2

Ace on the mound, low pitch count. Have to let your horse run. Warming up someone after 1 hr isn’t the norm. Maybe they start stretching after two. Not sure if they had enough to get ready after he #2. Curious who are quickest BP arm is to get ready 

bad night for Astros pitching 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Ace on the mound, low pitch count. Have to let your horse run. Warming up someone after 1 hr isn’t the norm. Maybe they start stretching after two. Not sure if they had enough to get ready after he #2. Curious who are quickest BP arm is to get ready 

bad night for Astros pitching 

You ever remember Dusty or A.J. hanging a pitcher out to dry like that?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

rage GIF

Also I think my Uber driver home was shitting her pants the whole way home. That was wicked 

Did Framber or Astros fire his therapist?  he just went completely off the rails after that bomb.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

You ever remember Dusty or A.J. hanging a pitcher out to dry like that?

Framber lives by the DP.  It was more likely that he gets one of those than gives up a 3-run jack.  

Things went to shit fast, but it’s not like it was easily foreseeable with Framber on the mound.  This wasn’t Espada’s loss.   It was Framber’s. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Framber lives by the DP.  It was more likely that he gets one of those than gives up a 3-run jack.  

Things went to shit fast, but it’s not like it was easily foreseeable with Framber on the mound.  This wasn’t Espada’s loss.   It was Framber’s. 

I think the manager shoulders some of the blame when his starter is allowed to give up 7 earned runs in an inning. That's just me.

• Hook 'Em 2

Posted (edited)

🥺🥺🥺🥺

Joe Espada, Framber Valdez and Yainer Diaz all said that Valdez went away from the gameplan in the seven-run fifth inning

"Yainer did a really good job calling pitches. I was the one that decided to try and change the game plan. I had to deal with the consequences," Valdez said

Yainer Diaz: "I could try to force him to throw a certain pitch, but he knows how he feels and how his pitches feel. He makes the decision."

"This is the first time this has happened, but maybe me as a catcher, I should have forced him more to throw certain pitches."

Edited by tx 3 putt
  • Rage+1 3

Posted (edited)

So let me get this straight. Our starter begins the 5th inning with a five run lead and proceeds to give up a three run HR. He then allows two singles while both manager and catcher realize he has strayed from the game plan. That same pitcher is then left in the game to serve up another three run HR to give the opponent a one run lead.

Hindsight and everything, but come on.

Edited by David Dennison
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So let me get this straight. Our starter begins the 5th inning with a five run lead and proceeds to give up a three run HR. He then allows two singles while both manager and catcher realize he has strayed from the game plan. That same pitcher is then left in the game to serve up another three run HR to give the opponent a one run lead.

Hindsight and everything, but come on.

Oh, and then a solo shot for good measure.

WAT???

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yainer Diaz: "I could try to force him to throw a certain pitch, but he knows how he feels and how his pitches feel. He makes the decision."

"This is the first time this has happened, but maybe me as a catcher, I should have forced him more to throw certain pitches."

IT'S YOUR FUCKING JOB YANIER NO SHIT YOU GET HIM TO CHANGE.

THIS is why Maldy's shitty hitting was tolerated for so long. This. Right. Here.

This is also another strike against Espada and I doubt he's managing this team after the end of the year (barring a World Series appearance). He's in way over his head.

• Hook 'Em 2