Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

13 minutes ago, kevwun said:

I hope this is the first and last time Martinez gets brought in to a situation like this.

Yeah man he's not a high leverage arm then of course we follow it up with putting in gas can Montero who promptly fucks up.

So far day 1 gripes with Espada....

Lineup great except: Pena needs to hit 9th until he proves he can hit again
Holy fuck he sucks at pitching management thus far :(

Just now, Pimphand said:

Yeah man he's not a high leverage arm then of course we follow it up with putting in gas can Montero who promptly fucks up.

Who should have pitched in those spots?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Pimphand said:

Or, if Framber has his head up his ass like he did in the 2nd half and playoffs maybe it's just the staff sucks outside of our leverage arms, one of whom is missing.  

Just now, David Dennison said:

Forest Whitley.  Duh.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

What a whipsaw today.  I'm trapped in a glass case of emotions.

Crane not pulling the trigger on a SP is going to fuck us like Dusty did unless we make a move immediately. Montgomery should have been signed. $25 million AAV was a good deal. Fuck.

Just now, Macklemore said:

Crane not pulling the trigger on a SP is going to fuck us like Dusty did unless we make a move immediately. Montgomery should have been signed. $25 million AAV was a good deal. Fuck.

It's fine.  The season is long- we will be fine.  Deep breath and relax.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

I try not to be glass have empty, but this thread is going to be eating its own by tax day with the offenses we have to face the first 3 weeks 

it’ll balance itself out, but I’m not gonna be shocked when we struggle to win 8-7 type games these first few weeks 

Edited by UTexasFight

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Personally I'd have left Framberlamps in to face Volpe and then pulled him if he didn't get him out then I would have probably sent Abreu out to stop the bleeding and likely pitch the 6th since we don't have great BP depth.

From there I would pick one of Martinez/Mushinski to pitch the 7th with Pressly & Hader to close it out (ideally)

Oh no.

Just now, Pimphand said:

Personally I'd have left Framberlamps in to face Volpe and then pulled him if he didn't get him out then I would have probably sent Abreu out to stop the bleeding and likely pitch the 6th since we don't have great BP depth.

From there I would pick one of Martinez/Mushinski to pitch the 7th with Pressly & Hader to close it out (ideally)

Abreu, huh?

Good call.

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

I’m gonna go ahead and gripe at pinch hitting Meyers with the spring he had…and game 1 he’d had to that point 

• Hook 'Em 1