Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

So it's weird.

My wife doesn't care for sports. Doesn't care about baseball. Gets mad at me when I try to talk about it, frankly. Absolute disdain for the entire enterprise. No interest whatsoever.

And yet somehow she is in tune with the Astros' pitching right now... she, too, is serving meatballs for dinner.

• Haha 6

Just now, Rimbo said:

So it's weird.

My wife doesn't care for sports. Doesn't care about baseball. Gets mad at me when I try to talk about it, frankly. Absolute disdain for the entire enterprise. No interest whatsoever.

And yet somehow she is in tune with the Astros' pitching right now... she, too, is serving meatballs for dinner.

I caught my wife sleeping with Henley too.

10 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Dana Brown knows from experience a team can tread water until the AS break and still win a WS.

That is panic inducing, but it is what it is.

Is it still too early to fret David? The plane is crashing in the mountain. God damn this team is pissing me off. You expect your GM to fucking be proactive and not just say “all Is well” in the face of substandard play. The Astros front office used to be led by one of the smartest men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in person with a team of Ivy League grads backing him up. Now we have a mental midget in charge and have gutted the analytical brains of the operation in favor of traditional baseball guys who use their gut. That’s why the foundation of this dynasty is crumbling and the championship window is being closed shut. 

Edited by Macklemore

53 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Astros Social Media Team going strong ….

👀👀👀👀

LOL. The Texans during their absolute lowest point never resorted to that crap. That is a pussy move on the level of Rodney Terry horns down. 

Edited by Macklemore
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Is it still too early to fret David? The plane is crashing in the mountain. God damn this team is pissing me off. You expect your GM to fucking be proactive and not just say “all Is well” in the face of substandard play. The Astros front office used to be led by one of the smartest men I have ever had the pleasure of meeting in person with a team of Ivy League grads backing him up. Now we have a mental midget in charge and have gutted the analytical brains of the operation in favor of traditional baseball guys who use their gut. That’s why the foundation of this dynasty is crumbling and the championship window is being closed shut. 

What do you expect Dana Brown to say?  “We’re fucked!  Our rookie manager is cursed with every move he makes blowing up in his face, our payroll is maxed out with bad contracts put in place by our meddling owner, our farm system is trash due to cheating punishments and trades forced by the meddling owner, and we have 9 pitchers on the injured list!  WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO?!?!?”

The 9 losses have come from an array of causes.  Early on it was elite relievers melting down.  Lately it’s been starters not giving the team a chance, and all along the offense has been hitting extremely well but not scoring runs in the highest leverage situations.

The team could get a big morale boost if/when Verlander comes back healthy.  But so far this is an expected 7-5 team that had luck fuck em in the ass.

• Hook 'Em 5

41 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

How'd that work out?

14 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

How'd that work out?

Beautifully. 2 WS titles and 4 pennants directly attributable the greatness of the 🐐. The way Luhnow was scapegoated was despicable. He should have never been fired. Tell me, how’s Danaball going?

Edited by Macklemore

28 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Beautifully. 2 WS titles and 4 pennants directly attributable the greatness of the 🐐. The way Luhnow was scapegoated was despicable. He should have never been fired. Tell me, how’s Danaball going?

Shakespeare couldn't have written a tragedy of that scale.