4. McCullers - IL
5. Garcia - IL
6. Urquidy - IL
7. Brown (16.43 ERA)
8. France (8.16 ERA as of 3 IP)
9. Blanco (0.00 ERA)
10. Bielak (Long guy now)
11. Arrighetti (1 ML start, 21.00 ERA)

Not to pick on you but this is the kind of thing that points out our bullshit.  #1 has been healthy for one season out of the last three, 4 isn’t expected back until after the all-star break and isn’t reliable regardless, 5 isn’t expected back until after the all-star break and he’s still trying to establish himself, 6 was a spring training injury but before Montgomery signed (and has done nothing to think he’s an adequate replacement for a 1-3 starter). Everyone below that is varying degrees of risk but certainly not dependable for a WS contender.

The problem isn’t the injuries, the problem is the plan for mitigating the performance loss was fucking regarded.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

His inability to throw out runners is going to be a problem though. 
almost as bad as watching my son’s 10U league 

It's not necessarily his ability as its the change in the game. It's much harder to throw runners out with new rules. I've heard sabermetrics guys saying there should be way more base stealing. That's where the game is headed. I mean his many bases did Acuna steal last year?

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, CycleTex87 said:

What would you ever want to do that on the nicest evening this year in Houston?

Have you seen the checklist for when the roof can be opened? I saw it last year. Mercury must be in retrograde. Relative humidity, Barometric Pressure, winds of less than one mph. 

It's pretty comical. 

25 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Have you seen the checklist for when the roof can be opened? I saw it last year. Mercury must be in retrograde. Relative humidity, Barometric Pressure, winds of less than one mph. 

It's pretty comical. 

You forgot “for fireworks”

IMG_9777.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Loperfido hit his second and third HR in the same inning.

His k rate is too high to project him to mlb success but goddamn 9 hr in 12 g shows a pretty high level of dominance in AAA.  I say give Singleton 2-3 weeks of consistent time and if he doesn’t hit well and Loperfido keeps hitting them out then you make the move.

Got 4 guys with averages over .300 yet we can’t score consistently. Lots of meaningless singles followed by pop out, ground out, strike out looking. Then you mix that with pitching be atrocious and here we are. We have way more issues than years past imo. Espada also blows, I mean we have a championship roster with veterans and we brought a guy in with zero experience. Makes sense.

• Hook 'Em 1

Joe Espada said he spoke with Triple-A manager Mickey Storey this morning, who said that Joey Loperfido's defense at first base "is better than what he thought it was going to look like," Espada said. Development coach Wladimir Sutil echoed those sentiments, Espada said.

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Joe Espada said he spoke with Triple-A manager Mickey Storey this morning, who said that Joey Loperfido's defense at first base "is better than what he thought it was going to look like," Espada said. Development coach Wladimir Sutil echoed those sentiments, Espada said.

Call him up today