Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Maybe Dusty coached his teams to overachievement and this is what we would have been without him. It’s not inconceivable. . 

So more banana pudding and benching Yainer?

5 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Maybe Dusty coached his teams to overachievement and this is what we would have been without him. It’s not inconceivable. . 

Maldy playing and Abreu still batting 5th would have us cooking with gas

• Haha 1

I keep waiting for us to win a few in a row to maybe spark up some hope things will turn around. I wonder if this front office will be able to see the writing on the wall and flip guys to increase the farm and keeping a competitive team for the future or if their just gonna double down and run into the ground with all these guys. 

I keep waiting for us to win a few in a row to maybe spark up some hope things will turn around. I wonder if this front office will be able to see the writing on the wall and flip guys to increase the farm and keeping a competitive team for the future or if their just gonna double down and run into the ground with all these guys. 

It’s gonna be option B my man.

2 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Espada needs to take ownership of the team's record.  If you don't give a shit, keep starting abreu at first base, by all means. 

He gives a shit. “Check the back of the baseball card” is the entire organization's give a shit. 

• Rage+1 1

Lol…it’s like nobody can foresee the future or even think that time isn’t a vacuum and every player is always at their best. Pressley has been trending down for a while. We all know it. Expecting players out with major injuries that have been out over a year to come back at All Star level is a fools errand. Wait and see. Our GM is shit. Prepare for the worst. We’ve done nothing. When the apocalypse comes Dana and his family will be outside handing out hot chocolate. Improve the bench asshole. Winker was a left handed outfielder, former All Star available for 1.5 million on a minor league deal. What? We sign every wire wire trash pitcher. We can’t take a chance on that? Trade Bregman. Trade Framber. Get younger. Get cheaper. Build around Yordan, Tucker, Altuve and Diaz. The window does not need to close. Stop thinking the past is the future. We suck. Meyers sucks. We’ve had the same shitty outfield rotation for years. Our GM must be good at polishing cars. He hasn’t done shit to improve the team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I think most that aren’t holding on to the past sees we’re fucked with the “back of the baseball card” bullshit the FO is spewing in unison. It sucks that they’re gonna go down like this instead of being that aggressive organization that gets ahead of slumps and trades guys when you know they’ve done all they can and flip for younger prospects. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’m tapping out. Been drinking since before noon. I shouldn’t have posted lol But…Arch is the real deal. Astros are not. Until they get serious about roster management. This is bullshit. Peace out everybody. I used to drink. And I still do too. But now people have edibles😊

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

From Abreu whiffing on a foul pop up costing a run, to Yainer going full retard with the catchers interference, to Pressly pulling down his pants and diarrheaing on the pitching mound, I do respect that we do it as a team.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somebody’s head needs to roll for what's happened. I'd like it to be Dana’s. Baggy’s head is so far up Crane’s ass, he is safe. Therefore the next person in line is Espada. The buck stops with him. 

So off with his head. 

Fire Espada

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I keep waiting for us to win a few in a row to maybe spark up some hope things will turn around. 

I mean, we should be sitting her talking about trying to finish off a sweep tomorrow and having some momentum for the trip to Wrigley.

The starters will get healthy, but if the bullpen continues to be a liability, this team is going to struggle to get anywhere near .500.