Houston Astros 2024 Season Thread

Planet Houston

24 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

Anybody have advice on must do’s around Wrigley for the game tomorrow? I haven’t done any research and this just got sprung on me last week. 

murphy’s bleacher, beer and food is much cheaper than inside. Itll be slammed 

Cubby bear sucks 

uncommon ground had damn good cheese curds and food 

I haven’t been up there in a couple of years or so, looks like many spots have changed / heavy corporate. Take the train if you can 

never been to gutherie’s, want to try it. 

find a bar, couple of drinks and ask them to suggest another bar / brewery. Did this my last trip and we had a good time

Edited by tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

murphy’s bleacher, beer and good is much cheaper than inside. Itll be slammed 

Cubby bear sucks 

I haven’t been up there in a couple of years or so, looks like many spots have changed / heavy corporate. Take the train if you can 

Thanks! I’ve got two days and I’m solo so I’ll try and hit as many things as possible. 

Guthrie’s …

DRAFT BEER

Revolution Anti-Hero - IPA | 6.7% $7
Off Color Apex Predator - Farmhouse Ale | 6.5% $7

Begyle Blonde - Blonde Ale | 5.4% $7

Spiteful Bleacher Bum - Peach Blonde Ale | 5% $8

Half Acre Daisy Cutter - Pale Ale | 5.2% $8

Guinness - Stout | 4.2% $8

3 Floyds Gumballhead - Wheat | 5.6% $8

Krombacher Pils - Pilsner | 4.8% $8

Unibroue La Fin Du Monde - Tripel | 9% $9

Lagunitas Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’ Ale - Hoppy Wheat | 7.5% $8

Miller Lite - Pilsner | 4.17% $6

Revolution Octoberfest - Märzen - $7

Right Bee Cider - Semi-Dry | 5.7% $8

Maplewood Son of Juice - New England IPA | 6.3% $8

Spiteful Working for the Weekend - Double IPA | 7.9% $9

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

murphy’s bleacher, beer and food is much cheaper than inside. Itll be slammed 

Cubby bear sucks 

find a bar, couple of drinks and ask them to suggest another bar / brewery. Did this my last trip and we had a good time

Cubby Bear doesn’t suck and is where the Texas Exes watch games. You must have had too much Malort 

9 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Anybody have advice on must do’s around Wrigley for the game tomorrow? I haven’t done any research and this just got sprung on me last week. 

Pequods > Lou Malnatis. Get a Billy goat tavern burger. Also @Scraps is there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Cubby Bear doesn’t suck and is where the Texas Exes watch games. You must have had too much Malort 

Pequods > Lou Malnatis. Get a Billy goat tavern burger. Also @Scraps is there. 

I was meaning to ask about their pizza, so thanks for the Pequods rec. I’ll do that tomorrow. Thinking about getting a burger for lunch today. Stayed in Gold Coast last night and moving hotels later today to the one across from wrigley. Any burger recommendations on top of Billy goat tavern would be appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Postgame: Without a doubt Sluggers Piano Bar it's upstairs above the main Sluggers Bar next to the batting cages.  I have no idea if it's still $5 but that simple fee usually cuts out the douchy Cubs fan riffraff and also the caliber of the eye candy that makes their way into the bar is higher than you will find in the other Wrigleyville bars.

Some people like Pequods better than Lou Malnati I'm not one of those....   The LM butter crust puts it over the top IMHO but honestly you can't go wrong with either.

As far as burgers go my favorite is BiXiBeer but I also usually like that style of gourmet burger which some people don't like

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Drink a lot because you have to watch the Astros after.

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Da Fino said:

I was meaning to ask about their pizza, so thanks for the Pequods rec. I’ll do that tomorrow. Thinking about getting a burger for lunch today. Stayed in Gold Coast last night and moving hotels later today to the one across from wrigley. Any burger recommendations on top of Billy goat tavern would be appreciated. 

Au Cheval is another big name/good one. Definitely a fancy burger especially compared to BGT

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Au Cheval is another big name/good one. Definitely a fancy burger especially compared to BGT

Just added it to my want to go list in both Chicago & NYC I'm probably more likely to wind up in NYC next.

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Best burger I've ever had, just be prepared for a long wait. Put your name on the list and go to a nearby bar and have a drink while you wait. 

• Hook 'Em 2

14 hours ago, Da Fino said:

Kuma's Corner is worth the wait.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Just walk over to the third base dugout my guy. $1.75 mill. Exactly the kind of guy who should be on our bench. Former All Star. Career .270 hitter. But let’s let Singleton and Kessinger enjoy the buffets.

Edited by Mitch Hedberg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

$15 bleacher seats tonight 
Whole series was that.

I got $12 for thursday
They’re finally taking bets? Everything was set up in Sept but no wagers 
My wallet says yes, yes they are taking bets
  • Haha 2