immamac has permabanmed me against bob’s wishes. read this thread before it disappears.

7 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Go and try to voice a conservative viewpoint in Cloak Room

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

im all for making the site better. 

WHERE IS THE EYEROLL REACTION?

image.png.b3cc0a872153f4056eb56aee59214f47.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

I may need a safe space if the Astros win the series this weekend.

Nah, MLBNetwork will likely be airing 2023 World Series games tomorrow morning, and that makes everything better.

29 minutes ago, troph said:

Fuck anyone who thinks this is an excuse to bully. Fuck them straight to hell.

You seem angry with me. I’m telling you why he gets bullied. Not providing an excuse. He definitely brings it on himself and cannot handle the blowback. I had him on ignore the last few ears I was here, but hadn’t put him back there since coming back a few months ago. I haven’t engaged with him. I had not noticed any outbursts and figured he was relaxing with age. 

3 minutes ago, troph said:

You fucked up imma, Rex is defending you and some of your absolutely best posters are telling you that you did wrong. It’s your site, do what you want but damn dude, the guy deserves a break - even a month - but not a permanent ban, Jesus.  You have straight up assholes on this board and you perma ban the mentally ill guy? 

the bullying absolutely happens and it’s prevalent. Some of the bullies are top posters too. It’s all bullshit. 

we are a palace of degenerates I get it but fuck man. 

this shit isn’t happening on my watch, I told Derka to email me. I’ll gladly step in and get to know the guy and have lunch with him and his mom, some things matter more than this stupid fucking message board.  

and he’s one of them. 

He's a net positive and a big part of the culture. I know a lot of people have come and gone, but he has been a pretty consistent presence.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

He's a net positive and a big part of the culture. I know a lot of people have come and gone, but he has been a pretty consistent presence.

Derka or MoTownHorn???  Yeah, that's a tough one...

3 hours ago, chainsaw said:

The only people who use VPNs are people with legitimate professional reasons to protect their internet traffic. What kind of a person would get a VPN just to access websites that have been made unavailable to them?

Man, B, I am truly sad things have come to this. You are a such a great, passionate fan of the University of Texas--absolutely nothing should detract from that. But we can't control everyone's reactions to us/our interactions = if those reactions are causing negative consequences for YOU, you have got to figure out a different response and/or remove yourself from the situation. There are times in life where the answer won't be "we need to fix that person". This isn't the forum to get too deep into it, but that comes very personal experiences related to what you describe.

Hopefully this doesn't come across as overly harsh/negative as I have thought (many times) about whether to jump into these threads based on our personal interactions. For that haven't experienced, Derka is one of the most genuine/passionate/positive individuals--that can definitely get lost based on internet posts. It seems likes immamac feels the need to do this for the site/a personally-owned business, and (IMHO) that should be ok--I think you should continue to talk Texas sports year round and would gladly pay for your $9.95 sub anywhere (side note/full disclosure: you can also find me not posting much on OBs and I post that knowing the ridicule sure to come).

Also, I promise you, I still have songs due to you on my playlist: M.I's Understand, These Ideas, All at Once and your Ridin in Lines and MIXTAPE!.... "Jumpin' right in it ain't no need to state my name....."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

You seem angry with me. I’m telling you why he gets bullied. Not providing an excuse. He definitely brings it on himself and cannot handle the blowback. I had him on ignore the last few ears I was here, but hadn’t put him back there since coming back a few months ago. I haven’t engaged with him. I had not noticed any outbursts and figured he was relaxing with age. 

Not mad - though I do think you’re suspect - I just think bullying is wrong and don’t care why it happens.

Edited by troph
  • Like 1

I have to admit I’m really confused by the whole bullying concept being referenced. Every day all day long I see posters on surly ripping other posters for their opinions, their posts, their screwing up of threads, etc. I don’t quite get how the ripping of derka is different than what I read elsewhere. Is it because he has some personal challenges? If that’s it, then I get it. But if that’s the case then immamac’s requirement that Derka’s conduct has to meet some minimum standard doesn’t seem unreasonable. And that’s where I struggle with this whole controversy.  

• Hook 'Em 4

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I was never on HF. I think I was on Shaggy for quite a while, but I was not aware of the Lorree thing people are referring to. Can someone fill the rest of us in?

When hornfans was in the last stages a splinter board started before shaggy, probably by a few years. Ultimately it failed.  I don’t think she was on that board but folks - including her - knew about it. It was kinda the “cool kids” board but instead of populating the board with as many reasonable folks as they could they instead made fun of hornfans posters by quoting posts and laughing and loree was one of them. She became aware of it, I don’t recall how long or what was said but in the end she killed herself and somehow it was known the Texas message board community bullying her was a part of it. It was bullshit. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

41 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Derka or MoTownHorn???  Yeah, that's a tough one...

I'm not a fan of popularity contests, but in this case I don't like seeing someone get told one thing by a mod one day and have it allegedly overruled by another mod the next day. Doesn't sit well with me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chainsaw said:

I'm not a fan of popularity contests, but in this case I don't like seeing someone get told one thing by a mod one day and have it allegedly overruled by another mod the next day. Doesn't sit well with me.

image.gif.0573bf52dff2a8d0e46afcbcc40f0106.gif

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I have to admit I’m really confused by the whole bullying concept being referenced. Every day all day long I see posters on surly ripping other posters for their opinions, their posts, their screwing up of threads, etc. I don’t quite get how the ripping of derka is different than what I read elsewhere. Is it because he has some personal challenges? If that’s it, then I get it. But if that’s the case then immamac’s requirement that Derka’s conduct has to meet some minimum standard doesn’t seem unreasonable. And that’s where I struggle with this whole controversy.  

You and I could banter back and forth ok. Hey that’s a stupid take. Ok. Folks goat him into a reaction so they can argue with him and tell him how much he overreacts. The goal isn’t to converse but to cause the reaction and then blame him for it.  It’s more about intent. You tell me my take is stupid you’re probably pretty genuine about it. Those constantly goating derka do it to get the rise then slam him for it. Then tell him to take a break for his mental health. It’s fucking gas lighting and it’s bullying.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, troph said:

You and I could banter back and forth ok. Hey that’s a stupid take. Ok. Folks goat him into a reaction so they can argue with him and tell him how much he overreacts. The goal isn’t to converse but to cause the reaction and then blame him for it.  It’s more about intent. You tell me my take is stupid you’re probably pretty genuine about it. Those constantly goating derka do it to get the rise then slam him for it. Then tell him to take a break for his mental health. It’s fucking gas lighting and it’s bullying.

Ah got it. Shit I didn’t realize anyone would do that. That’s bad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

Yeah that was uncalled for. I tire of the repetitive behavior but you never know when you say something that really hurts someone and he is one that could be hurt, so for what it’s worth I’m sorry @shadow_operative, and I hope you realize this site isn’t real life and to just relax in general. I’ve had to take years off before because I am sensitive too. 

It is real life, that’s exactly the point. But hey, this was a good post. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

You fucked up imma, Rex is defending you and some of your absolutely best posters are telling you that you did wrong. It’s your site, do what you want but damn dude, the guy deserves a break - even a month - but not a permanent ban, Jesus.  You have straight up assholes on this board and you perma ban the mentally ill guy? 

the bullying absolutely happens and it’s prevalent. Some of the bullies are top posters too. It’s all bullshit. 

this shit isn’t happening on my watch, I told Derka to email me. I’ll gladly step in and get to know the guy and have lunch with him and his mom, some things matter more than this stupid fucking message board.  

and he’s one of them. 

I agree with this.

When you’ve lost the absolutely Not best posters on this board demographic…

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ah got it. Shit I didn’t realize anyone would do that. That’s bad. 

He didn’t do himself any favors the last 24 hours, I’ll acknowledge that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, troph said:

It’s Pandemonium up in here.

I don’t judge those who want nothing to do with the mentality ill. I mean, I do acknowledge that doing so means you are not trying to take the high road and be as compassionate as we ought try to be, but one’s life’s experience is a powerful motivator in the decision making process. More often than not, past attempts to be righteous when dealing with mental illness ended in painful failure. When you know you have no tools to address that circumstance, you know.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

But if that’s the case then immamac’s requirement that Derka’s conduct has to meet some minimum standard doesn’t seem unreasonable. And that’s where I struggle with this whole controversy.  

What standard?  We have some really shitty posters that only seem to be here to start fights or spread disinformation. They stick around. 

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Every day all day long I see posters on surly ripping other posters for their opinions, their posts, their screwing up of threads, etc. I

That is true. But maybe “we” don’t need to be that way?  Or at least not as much? Friends give each other good natured grief / ball busting in small amounts and that’s fine. You do it too much and you’re just a jerk. When a thread / board devolves in to trying to respond with snarkiest / shittiest comment just to get some +rep - and there are more people in the community like that because they were attracted to those types of discussions, it can make a pretty shitty environment. I see a lot more of that around here now. I’m guilty of it myself. I’ve tried to pull back at times. It’s the enshitificstion of this board, and our society in general. 

@Dbeasy I don’t mean to direct this at you as if I you’re the problem. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sounds like it's time to move to Derkaville.

42 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Derka’s getting banned, but the idiots who have been banned multiple times and continue to come back and post hundreds if not thousands of times trolling and spreading bullshit get literally nothing until they are crowdsourced. I only spent two months on HF, before Shaggy was created, so never got the hate, because I didn’t experience it. This sure seems like the beginning of the end. It was a good run. 

There are people here who do nothing but spread disinfo about crypto or spout hate or respawn after 8 different monkey/cigarette aliases and you'd ban Derka?

Is there no function where a moderator can't put other posters on ignore for both parties?

Edited by Bullneck
  • Drool 1

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

there’s disagreeing, there’s busting balls, there’s talking shit, and all of that is fine. i have not asked for anyone to be reprimanded for any of that. what motown has been doing for more than a year is not that. there is zero earnesty or sincerity in his postings; there is only malicious intent. he posts one way towards everyone else, and another way towards me. for a very long time now he comes to the basketball board to talk crazy shit to/about me- never on subject, and never provoked. it’s 100% malicious. i used to ignore 80% of these posts, then 100% of them after bob made his deal with me and motown. but motown remains unfazed, and continues to goad me on a near daily basis, despite me *literally* never posting towards him, and again, after he had already been banned three different times for this very thing. he’s rabid.

what makes it sick is that when he talks to bob, or immamac, or when i have an especially bad freak out on the boards he will feign concern and compassion and tell me that he hopes i get the help i need, only to show up the next day fucking with me and laughing about when i eventually lose my shit. he always says the right thing when shit hits the fan and he pretends to care/understand only to go right back to coming after me compulsively.

the final and most important part of it is this: 100% of what motown does is unprovoked. immamac has made countless accusations against me in this thread about how i always start shit with everyone else and this is patently false. as i have said, the posting history proves this. that’s why bob was ready to ban motown forever. we weren’t disagreeing, he was/has been/still is seeking me out on a regular basis just to try and provoke a reaction out of me. it’s truly the definition of bullying, and i absolutely, factually do not bring it on myself. he seeks me out for sport. i don’t think that should be tolerated here, or anywhere else.

Edited by shadow_operative

10 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

There are people here who do nothing but spread disinfo about crypto or spout hate or respawn after 8 different monkey/cigarette aliases and you'd ban Derka?

Is there no function where a moderator can't put other posters on ignore for both parties?

Derka told the site owner to go fuck himself. The Russian troll bots haven’t. Their hands are tied.

/Katy

(am I doing this right)

#abouttobebanned

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Posted (edited)

when i worked in education, if what has being going down between motown and myself was happening at my school then motown would have been suspended, suspended, suspended, and then eventually expelled, 10 times out of 10, no question about it. if one kid seeks out another kid like this day after day after day he doesn’t get empowered by the principal, he gets told go find another school to tolerate his BS. we were on that path before last night. 

btw- there was a kid at my school when i was working as an educator who used to get picked on and bullied. he had little man syndrome, he was combative, and he got picked on more than most kids because he would always give them the reaction they wanted.

one day when he was in fourth grade he got out during kickball and threw a huge fit, and quit the game. we were inside the gym, and he ran out of the gym and towards shoal creek blvd. i had to actually sprint after this kid and grab him literally two seconds before he ran out into the street.

obviously we had to go to the principal’s office, and in this case the woman we had to go see had been my own teacher/counselor when i was growing up at this school. i’ll call her SW, and she’s a truly great person. when we sat down to talk with SW, my student, who was still mad, said of me, “he hates me!!!”. i told him, “(name redacted), buddy, i don’t hate you! i like you! you’re one of my guys. we play football together every day. i don’t want you to ever think that i don’t like you. you’re my guy, and i want to help you out bud.”

SW was very supportive. the student did not get in trouble. i promised him that i would get him more involved when we played football, and starting the next day i did. i told him that if he ever felt upset or mad to come find me and that i would help him solve his issue. 

right then and there a switch flipped in this kid. he let his guard down; he stopped being so distrusting, he stopped assuming/believing the worst of everyone else. he learned to roll with the punches, to let shit slide off his back. this kid changed, and grew, and was able to shape his own life into the kind of life that he had always wanted. it is absolutely one of my proudest achievements in my lifetime, the role that i was able to play in helping this misunderstood kid turn around his social standing at the school, and in helping to improve his mental health. it is *amazing* what happens with people when you show them compassion and support. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Yes. This was already done. Yet here we are.

24 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:

Derka told the site owner to go fuck himself. The Russian troll bots haven’t. Their hands are tied.

/Katy

(am I doing this right)

#abouttobebanned

A GRU alt was banned earlier today by Blacklab in the Ukraine thread. His alts get banned by the mods on a regular basis.

• Hook 'Em 3

39 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

being stupid isn't a bannable offense. I gave maninblack a 6 month vacation for anti-vax shit very publicly. 

As said before crowd sourcing and bans are not the same, mechanically you think they are, but when we ban someone we immediately ban on sight if they sign up again. Why do you think animal tobacco is no longer around? He was just stupid then started just trolling, when he crossed into being just a pure troll he got banned.

Immortal13 too, a few others as well. This isn't rocket science guys. 

And yes, getting in a public spat with me and getting personal when I have my site owner/mod hat on and not my shithead lets argue because we are talking shit hat on is a really good way to earn a one way ticket to fuck-offistan. It's pretty easy to tell when I'm in which mode.

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

A GRU alt was banned earlier today by Blacklab in the Ukraine thread. His alts get banned by the mods on a regular basis.

How many posts did he have before he was banned?

It also appears Blacklab is not the issue on this thread. 

@shadow_operative apparently you just need to create a new account  every 3 months. Just make it not obvious. I’d suggest shadow_operative 3.0. No one will ever know.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, immamac said:

being stupid isn't a bannable offense. I gave maninblack a 6 month vacation for anti-vax shit very publicly. 

As said before crowd sourcing and bans are not the same, mechanically you think they are, but when we ban someone we immediately ban on sight if they sign up again. Why do you think animal tobacco is no longer around? He was just stupid then started just trolling, when he crossed into being just a pure troll he got banned.

Immortal13 too, a few others as well. This isn't rocket science guys. 

And yes, getting in a public spat with me and getting personal when I have my site owner/mod hat on and not my shithead lets argue because we are talking shit hat on is a really good way to earn a one way ticket to fuck-offistan. It's pretty easy to tell when I'm in which mode.

@BeardIPIs animal tobacco. You are proving everyone’s point. Bear Dip. Donkey Cigars. Animal Tobacco. 

Edited by UnivTex34
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

btw- there was a kid at my school when i was working as an educator who used to get picked on and bullied. he had little man syndrome, he was combative, and he got picked on more than most kids because he would always give them the reaction they wanted.

one day when he was in fourth grade he got out during kickball and threw a huge fit, and quit the game. we were inside the gym, and he ran out of the gym and towards shoal creek blvd. i had to actually sprint after this kid and grab him literally two seconds before he ran out into the street.

obviously we had to go to the principal’s office, and in this case the woman we had to go see had been my own teacher/counselor when i was growing up at this school. i’ll call her SW, and she’s a truly great person. when we sat down to talk with SW, my student, who was still mad, said of me, “he hates me!!!”. i told him, “(name redacted), buddy, i don’t hate you! i like you! you’re one of my guys. we play football together every day. i don’t want you to ever think that i don’t like you. you’re my guy, and i want to help you out bud.”

SW was very supportive. the student did not get in trouble. i promised him that i would get him more involved when we played football, and starting the next day i did. i told him that if he ever felt upset or mad to come find me and that i would help him solve his issue. 

right then and there a switch flipped in this kid. he let his guard down; he stopped being so distrusting, he stopped assuming/believing the worst of everyone else. he learned to roll with the punches, to let shit slide off his back. this kid changed, and grew, and was able to shape his own life into the kind of life that he had always wanted. it is absolutely one of my proudest achievements in my lifetime, the role that i was able to play in helping this misunderstood kid turn around his social standing at the school, and in helping to improve his mental health. it is *amazing* what happens with people when you show them compassion and support. 

And that angry kid grew up to be…Mr. Ronan Sinatra…

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, UnivTex34 said:

@BeardIPIs animal tobacco. You are proving everyone’s point.

is he? I don't think the posting style is the same. Again, just because you think someone is stupid or they have fucking idiot opinions doesn't mean that's ban worthy. Some of you don't understand how any of this works, it's not selective. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

Surly isn't good for Derka. I'm sure he will find another community and, probably and unfortunately, be a victim of some abuse there as well. Honestly, the Internet isn't built for people like him. He is an entertaining poster in the same way a train wreck is entertaining. It isn't good for the train and isn't good for the people gawking. 

I wish him the best, but he needs distance from this place. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, Chewbacca said:
2 minutes ago, UnivTex34 said:
[mention=8114]BeardIP[/mention]Is animal tobacco. You are proving everyone’s point.

He doesn't care about that. He got in his fee fees when Derka insulted him.

Oh everyone can see it but him and the trolls. /bilinkingenvelope

Just now, immamac said:

is he? I don't think the posting style is the same. Again, just because you think someone is stupid or they have fucking idiot opinions doesn't mean that's ban worthy. Some of you don't understand how any of this works, it's not selective. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

Pot meet kettle Mr. Site owner.

• Drool 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Surly isn't good for Derka.

my issue is not with surly, it is with one particular poster. people love to say “this place isn’t good for derka”, yet those people don’t even post where i post or interact with me. 99% of my posts/interactions here are perfectly pleasant. my one, single issue is with one guy seeking me out incessantly with bad intentions. it’s zero coincidence that the people who have come to my defense in this thread are the same people who post with me on a daily basis.

Just now, UnivTex34 said:

How many posts did he have before he was banned?

It also appears Blacklab is not the issue on this thread. 

@shadow_operative apparently you just need to create a new account  every 3 months. Just make it not obvious. I’d suggest shadow_operative 3.0. No one will ever know.

It was shortly after he posted in the Ukraine thread. You said "their" hands are tied which implies the mods. Besides Imma gets involved in the CR banning. DonkeyCigars iterations have been targeted too by him.

I really don't see the issue with DonkeyCigars, people just don't like his political views. He isn't the same as GRUHorn.

Personally, I don't believe in ignoring or banning posters. It's not hard to just skip a post, takes a fraction of a second to scroll past something.

• Hook 'Em 4