JJ Abrams making a Back to the Future.

Parliament

J J Abrams thinks he did a great job with Star Wars and Star Trek and the studios do as well if he’s getting the keys to Back to the Future. 

But I guess Timothy Chalamet and John Lithgow or Jeff Goldblum could always use another paycheck.  

7 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

J J Abrams thinks he did a great job with Star Wars and Star Trek and the studios do as well if he’s getting the keys to Back to the Future. 

But I guess Timothy Chalamet and John Lithgow or Jeff Goldblum could always use another paycheck.  

Well to be fair, the studios probably DID think he did well.

TFA was a HUGE hit and fans only began to drag it in retrospect. Same with his Star Trek re-boot.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Red Five said:

That does not seem very definitive. It linked to a different article from a few days ago, that was a lot of "according to our sources". 

It's fake. Inside the Magic and Giant Freakin Robot are fake news/clickbait sites. 

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 11.53.25 AM.png

Edited by ultimaton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

37 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So Marty is going to be living now and goes back to 1985 where he just can’t cope with no internet or mobile phone?  What song will he play at prom- moving in stereo?

I think your time machine is headed in the wrong direction.  Moving in Stereo was released in 1978...he'd have to play something like Sweet Child o' Mine

1 hour ago, ultimaton said:

It's fake. Inside the Magic and Giant Freakin Robot are fake news/clickbait sites. 

Screen Shot 2024-04-10 at 11.53.25 AM.png

That’s fake?  Well fuck, going to have to cross off “being an Aladdin character at a Disney park” on my bucket list.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So Marty is going to be living now and goes back to 1985 where he just can’t cope with no internet or mobile phone?  What song will he play at prom- moving in stereo?

Smells Like Teen Spirit

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Darude Sandstorm

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Marty would go back 30 years.... to 1994. He would listen to old music like Pearl Jam and Dave Matthews. 

1994?  So I get to fire up the oldies such as "Shoulda' been a cowboy" by Toby or Chattahoochee!  In!

4 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

1994?  So I get to fire up the oldies such as "Shoulda' been a cowboy" by Toby or Chattahoochee!  In!

"Wow, 1994.... the biggest movie stars of this old, bygone era were old guys like Tom Cruise and Tom Hanks...."

• Haha 1

Hell, I liked the Star Trek re-boot though most of that was probably the fact that I loved the casting of Pine, Quinto, Zoe, Pegg, etc. I think the latest SW trilogy certainly had issues but it ultimately ran circles around the three garbage prequels that came on Lucas’s watch. (The second in the latest trilogy was bad but it wasn’t Attack of the Clones bad. OK, maybe it was tied for “that bad.”)

• Hook 'Em 1