Spring Game - 4/20/2024

msucolt45

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Lol it didnt rain in waco all day and they cancelled their game

“Rain”

Aranda didn’t want to advertise his crap team. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What team has a passing attack that should "scare us to death" or even has WR's on the same level of our talent?  Michigan is just going to try to play bully ball and control the clock.  Miss State and Blake Shapen?  Jackson fucking Arnold?  Sun belt Billy Napier's team?  Whoever is QB for Kentucky and Arkansas?

Haven't watched yet, but talked to someone that did watch..tell me if this is accurate:

We have a legit 3 deep at QB, Quinn didn't play enough to get in a rhythm, Arch looked great and even Trey Owens showed enough he could be a portal tampering candidate?

Seems overall team depth (especially offense) is to a level we haven't seen since the early 2k's? That's what I've heard all spring, good to see it showing in the orange/white game.

Just now, ousux said:

Haven't watched yet, but talked to someone that did watch..tell me if this is accurate:

We have a legit 3 deep at QB, Quinn didn't play enough to get in a rhythm, Arch looked great and even Trey Owens showed enough he could be a portal tampering candidate?

Seems overall team depth (especially offense) is to a level we haven't seen since the early 2k's? That's what I've heard all spring, good to see it showing in the orange/white game.

An early enrollee being this far along at the spring game is wild. Dude must live in the playbook. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, ousux said:

id be very surprised if Owens finishes his career as a Longhorn 

Owens showed out.

Sydir played more, and better than I expected.

Washington, assuming he's healthy, will be our best TE since Bo Scaife.

We need DBs in the portal.

Simmons, January, and Vasek make me feel tingly.

Just now, immamac said:

He was on the run. 50 yards in the air. 

No, he stopped an loaded up.

The only correction I’d make is the “3 deep at QB” comment.

Make that 4 deep.
  • Hook 'Em 1

An early enrollee being this far along at the spring game is wild. Dude must live in the playbook. 
Shit, hope he at least sticks around for our first year in the SEC. Good problem to have, it's been a while...maybe ever?

Just now, UTEX_ME said:

id be very surprised if Owens finishes his career as a Longhorn 

I'd be surprised if he didn't.  My take is that he bleeds orange and Arch will likely be 1 and done once Ewers is gone.

I'm more worried about Lacey.

• Hook 'Em 1