Port Aransas

Paco

Stopped at Xpress Burger by Annaville on the way into town and it's great. Bun was great, meat was great and overall flavor was excellent. 

It's inside a gas station with a few tables. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 1:26 PM, HenryJames said:

Good burger.

Had their Bier Haus Burger last night.  Juicy and flavorful, on a tasty bun (Hawaiian?)  Didn’t do the swings.

Others in party had the fish and chips and breaded shrimp basket.  Good experience - would go back.

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

BTW I10 west to 410 south is a level of suck I've never experienced before.

I live in NW Austin and I almost never go that way anymore.  My mind begins to explode with the slow fuckers in the "fast/passing" lane on 35, and then the 410 South has been suckage for years.  At least for the most part folks know to GTFO of my way once you hit 37.  If it's a weekday I tend to roll down 183 as the ferry ride is sort of fun. But about now if I am not arriving early in the day I just go south on the one shitty section of 80 at Luling down through Kennedy and hook up to 37 in Mathis.  I doubt it's any less time, but I arrive in Port A in a much better frame of mind!

I am trying to figure out how to get down there again, but taking care of my Dad has killed my usual springtime forays.  But looks like the weather has been blowing so much with high tides that I haven't missed much beach time.  I'm curious to see how the staffing is gonna be at the new 3 story place that I assume is going to be open soon.

44 minutes ago, horn4life said:

I live in NW Austin and I almost never go that way anymore.  My mind begins to explode with the slow fuckers in the "fast/passing" lane on 35, and then the 410 South has been suckage for years.  At least for the most part folks know to GTFO of my way once you hit 37.  If it's a weekday I tend to roll down 183 as the ferry ride is sort of fun. But about now if I am not arriving early in the day I just go south on the one shitty section of 80 at Luling down through Kennedy and hook up to 37 in Mathis.  I doubt it's any less time, but I arrive in Port A in a much better frame of mind!

I am trying to figure out how to get down there again, but taking care of my Dad has killed my usual springtime forays.  But looks like the weather has been blowing so much with high tides that I haven't missed much beach time.  I'm curious to see how the staffing is gonna be at the new 3 story place that I assume is going to be open soon.

I usually take surface roads through Cuero and Gonzales.  I thought I was being smart taking interstate bullshit.

I am not smart. O. That note

20240512_132255.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

Does anyone know if any boat storage facilities that are less than 200/month? I've gotten one quote for 175 but it's in Rockport and a lot of these places have no online presence for me to email and calls go unanswered. 

Second, if anyone wants to show me around the bay for fishing which includes beer and dinner once we get done I'd be happy to provide. We could also work out fees for time on the water. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 4/16/2024 at 12:47 PM, zman13 said:

Stopped at Xpress Burger by Annaville on the way into town and it's great. Bun was great, meat was great and overall flavor was excellent. 

It's inside a gas station with a few tables. 

some of the best breakfast tacos to be found in the cc area ….

Feliz Amanecer On Violet. Right next to Whataburger 

4551 Violet Rd, Corpus Christi, TX 78410

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

some of the best breakfast tacos to be found in the cc area ….

Feliz Amanecer On Violet. Right next to Whataburger 

4551 Violet Rd, Corpus Christi, TX 78410

Have to run an errand out to Calallen today. Cotten’s BBQ any good? Or any other recs?

Edited by justhookit